VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89
Online now: Aaron_R, chikie, maurvir, Ribtor
Metacell Branch Dravidian
Mimic Octopus -- imitates other animals shape, color, and movement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os6HD-sCRn8
ukimalefu Pondering
watch past the predictable first part https://streamable.com/6c89d
Halifax Water declares war on flushable wipes.

The problem is that--unlike toilet paper--ALL flushable wipes currently do NOT break down easily and quickly when in water. As a result they cause hundreds of millions of dollars in sewage problems per year in Canada ALONE because they must be removed, sometimes by hand.
"Tree Well Rescue".

Newly fallen snow gets sifted by the branches and needles of evergreens which can create a small well of basically uncompressed snow around their bases.

I had experienced this once about 40 years ago. My Boy Scout leader took a bunch of us to Yosemite to do some ski <something> (um, the term escapes me, but we had rented a specific model of skis which did not have the full skiboots but only a heavy boot which only connected to the skis by a clamp in the toes). Some help?

Weirdly there was only a trace of snow in Yosemite Valley (though it was cold enough that the open-air ice rink was open), so we took the road that went towards Glacier Point though the snow stopped us long before we got close to the Point. While getting set up, one of our guys needed to take a human waste and so approached a tree in his boots without the skis and fell into its tree well, fortunately feet first. The densely packed snow around the tree was only 4 feet deep so he could have crawled out on his own but we helped him out, laughing at him.
Cross country or Nordic skiing. There is also telemark skiing, which is a modified cross country ski, where the heel of the boot can be locked down, allowing a more alpine type of skiing.
Warin posted:
Cross country or Nordic skiing. There is also telemark skiing, which is a modified cross country ski, where the heel of the boot can be locked down, allowing a more alpine type of skiing.

Ah, much thanks. Cross country skiing was the term that fell out my 40-year-old remembrance, but then that was my ONLY experience with such being a Southern California resident with not much inclination to go into the local mountains during winters.
TOS
god, i miss cross-country skiing ... one of the most wonderful parts of my vancouver upbringing
ukimalefu Pondering
ukimalefu posted:

That kid in about 20 years: "Y'know, I've always had a thing for Alexa's voice."
ukimalefu Pondering
ukimalefu Pondering
"Star Wars: Episode III, redubbed using the English subtitles from a pirated Chinese edition". SEVERAL clips on YouTube at link.

Y'know, while I have seen bits and pieces of Episode III I hadn't bothered to watch it, but even without knowing the original some of these are AMAZING. You have to imagine that the actors who were hired for their voices for this redubbing had to breaking up with laughter on every other line and saying "Are you stick fiddling kidding me?" on most of the others.
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:

That kid to shrink in about 20 years: "Y'know, I've always had a thing for Alexa's voice."

fixed
"Bring Me the Head of Charlie Brown". Um, NSFW or kids.

Jim Reardon now does animation for "The Simpsons".
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
This was a good use of a drone.

Seriously, that is some amazing footage.
TOS
maurvir posted:
This was a good use of a drone.

Seriously, that is some amazing footage.

damn, quite the range on that thing, eh?

glad i wasn't watching it on a big screen, that last bit might've had me retching
TOS
DEyncourt posted:

i was educated by that footage, and the related videos ... it seems these package thieves are ordinary shmucks who just feel entitled to grab these things

setting up a bomb though sounds like a great way to be sued and/or charged
ukimalefu Pondering
Trailer for "Mad Feet (Mad Max/Happy Feet Mashup)".

It should be noted that George Miller was the producer/director for both movies.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
"Still Face Experiment".

Demonstrating how even young infants are extremely sensitive to how people react to them.
"Why Do Action Heroines Do This?"

You have to ask yourself: "If this is so very effective, why don't fighting men do this?"
Pariah Know Your Enemy
In Japan a rice farmer used different strains of rice to create this Star Wars artwork.

Do note that the video spends the first 4 minutes flying closely over the field to show the individual plants, so click here to skip over that.
"Travel To The Moon With David Bowie (360°)".

Based on the question: "Could I walk to the Moon over a lifetime?" (meaning just walk the distance, ignoring gravity, air and all other problems) while using the discography of David Bowie as a historic background.
dv
26 minutes of Robin Williams yucking it up on Late Night w/ Ferguson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvPxRyIWWX8
dv
"Langur monkeys grieve over fake monkey".

Researchers studying langur monkeys had set up a video camera in the eye of a fake monkey which was the size of an infant monkey and had a very limited set of movements. Other monkeys attempted to engage with the fake including trying to nurse it, but at one point the fake fell some distance to the ground. Not entirely clear if that fall might have damaged the robot so that the researchers could no longer control it, but the behavior of those other monkeys considerably altered after the robot had "died".
ukimalefu Pondering
ukimalefu Pondering
"We Are Zogg".

"Do not fail your species."
"How Louis CK Tells a Joke".

A very wry analysis of how to do it right.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

augh! that video made my eyes bleed
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, 89