VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Music and video: analog or digital
ukimalefu
Title: Screen toucher

Post by ukimalefu »

What you didn't know about Apple.

I knew many of those :D

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

TikTok video from Jeannette Reyes pranking one of those annoying spam callers. Reyes is also one of the local TV news anchors at the Fox affiliate of Washington DC.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

"Fan with sign crashes Tour de France peloton".

The Tour de France began earlier today, June 26th.

Image DAMNED ADVERTISERS!! Image

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

42 Audio Illusions & Phenomena! - Part 1/5 of Psychoacoustics

This is not a "fun" video (unless you're a geek ;) ) It's a science video. It deals with sound physics and psychoacoustics.

You'll need to wear headphones. Any audio enhancements and noise cancelling may interfere with the effects.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

"Australian woman wakes up from surgery with an Irish accent".

"Can your friends tell me if my accent comes from a cool part of Ireland or not?"

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

A USPS mail carrier tossed package onto roof.

The recipient heard the thunk on her roof then watched that mail carrier drive off.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

DEyncourt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:38 pm

Apparently it was NOT an ad:

...which translates to "GO GRANDPA — GRANDMA!".

One of the injured riders had to drop out. Tour de France officials are prepared to prosecute the woman with that sign with a fine of $1800 (probably 1500 €) and a year in jail (when they find her).

maurvir
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Post by maurvir »

That was pretty clearly an accident, and the sign was made of cardboard. Prosecution seems kind of extreme in this case, but then, we are talking about the French.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

maurvir wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:29 am

That was pretty clearly an accident, and the sign was made of cardboard. Prosecution seems kind of extreme in this case, but then, we are talking about the French.

Sure, an accident. A REALLY STUPID accident. One which cost one of the riders a chance to participate in this year's Tour de France and caused DOZENS of riders to crash which you would have seen in the video. In an event which France takes particular national pride, so right: no big deal.

In case you are wondering: I am far from being any sort of rider and personally I have no interest in the Tour de France.

maurvir

Post by maurvir »

DEyncourt wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm

Sure, an accident. A REALLY STUPID accident. One which cost one of the riders a chance to participate in this year's Tour de France and caused DOZENS of riders to crash which you would have seen in the video. In an event which France takes particular national pride, so right: no big deal.

In case you are wondering: I am far from being any sort of rider and personally I have no interest in the Tour de France.

Sometimes bad things happen and you just suck it up and deal. What if she had tripped and fell in front of the rider instead of holding a cardboard sign? A decade of hard labor?

I could see a small fine, but putting someone in prison for this is absurd.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

maurvir wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:48 pm
DEyncourt wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm

Sometimes bad things happen and you just suck it up and deal. What if she had tripped and fell in front of the rider instead of holding a cardboard sign? A decade of hard labor?

I could see a small fine, but putting someone in prison for this is absurd.

She stepped out into the road just in front of that crowd of riders who could not avoid running into her.

She could have avoided that by staying off the road LIKE EVERYONE ELSE.

maurvir

Post by maurvir »

She wasn't even looking down the road for the drivers, she was showing off for the cameras - trying to get her sign on air. Was she a complete idiot? Yes, yes she was. An imbecile even. However, it was an accident that the rider could have also avoided. He had to have seen her with her back to him, yet he chose to run into her anyway. If anything, I consider the rider who hit her, and then triggered the rest of the pileup, to be at equal fault. Either way, I just don't see the point in involving the criminal justice system for what looks an awful lot like an ordinary, run of the mill accident.

Also, she was, by far, not the only person who was WAY too close to the road. In other clips, you can see several other bystanders practically on the pavement. One elderly couple was waving a French flag so close to the riders that it is a wonder it didn't get sucked into their wheels. The problem is that the event allowed bystanders to get too close to the road - though I imagine it is difficult to police given the competition.

That said, she may be civilly liable for a lot of very expensive bikes.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

No, it wasn't at all the responsiblity of the bike riders. They had the right-of-way BECAUSE OF THE TOUR DE FRANCE. Watching the video you should have seen that only those riders that were at the front of the pack were able to avoid her and the crash. Because the pack was very tight after the first rider hit her sign and fell over, the resulting tumult of other riders crashing was inevitable.

She extended her sign OVER THE ROAD. Not "WAY too close". Not "practically on the pavement".

She could have just RAISED HER SIGN OVER HER HEAD. Being that this was the lead pack in the Tour de France she and her sign almost certainly would have gotten on TV.

maurvir

Post by maurvir »

As I said, the woman was a complete imbecile, and quite likely civilly liable for a lot of very expensive broken bikes. I just don't see the need for much more than a fine, and strict instructions to keep bystanders further from the road for the rest of the race.

maurvir

Post by maurvir »

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

maurvir wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:14 pm

Video tape mishap at a news station

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

DEyncourt wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:02 am
DEyncourt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:38 pm

Apparently it was NOT an ad:

...which translates to "GO GRANDPA — GRANDMA!".

One of the injured riders had to drop out. Tour de France officials are prepared to prosecute the woman with that sign with a fine of $1800 (probably 1500 €) and a year in jail (when they find her).

She has been arrested by local police.

If the rider who had withdrawn from the race files a complaint which could beome a criminal claim, then she could be subject to a €15 K ($18 K) fine and up to a year in prison.

maurvir

Post by maurvir »

How Does A Carburetor Work? | Transparent Carburetor at 28,546 fps Slow Mo - Smarter Every Day 259

Even if they are technically obsolete in the age of fuel injection, and now direct-drive DC motors, this is a fascinating video about how the classic carburetor works - and if you don't like machines, there's always Destin's dad, who is awesome.

juice
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

I was never so happy to buy a car that didn't have a damned carburetor.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

Look at what happened when runaway car hits gas station pump.

BUT

Spoiler

...aren't you a bit disappointed?

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Last edited by ukimalefu on Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
maurvir

Post by maurvir »

Yup, that was pretty cringey... :cringe:

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Formula 1 AustrianGP 2021 opened with a rock version of their national anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw7Js06PTM&t=1s

Yes, it's real, I saw it live 2 hours ago.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

JRR Tolkien is writing elvish and says "oh god, I've made a mistake", like anybody noticed?

And then, "it's a beautiful language I think", well, he invented it

https://9gag.com/gag/agBdmMx

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

Appallingly bad laugh track in appearance of former Soviet President Gobachev in a 1993 episode of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

Yes, that title did include an exclamation point. Advance to the 1:47 mark to see Gorbachev himself.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

Video tweetof a remarkable 3D cat on a billboard overlooking Tokyo's Shinjuku Station.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

DEyncourt wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:21 pm

Appallingly bad laugh track in appearance of former Soviet President Gobachev in a 1993 episode of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show!

Yes, that title did include an exclamation point. Advance to the 1:47 mark to see Gorbachev himself.

I don't think I ever knew about that show

I knew about the bad movie

bad laugh track? omg, everything about that show is bad :cringe:

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

Giant warehouse full of robots, called "the hive", robots are controlled by "the hive mind" Image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZ_8cq ... &index=155

It's not Amazon, it's a british grocery store.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

guns vs kinetic sand

No politics or "gun nuttery" stuff mentioned on the video, other than "save the troops". The biggest cringe is the typical youtuber stuff.

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

TikTok video from Ritz Crackers showing what the serrated edge of their crackers are for.

ukimalefu

Post by ukimalefu »

DEyncourt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm

TikTok video from Ritz Crackers showing what the serrated edge of their crackers are for.

no, they're not

video looks filmed in a kitchen, where there are KNIVES made out of STEEL

DEyncourt

Post by DEyncourt »

ukimalefu wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 3:28 am
DEyncourt wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:45 pm

no, they're not

video looks filmed in a kitchen, where there are KNIVES made out of STEEL

Admittedly a Ritz Cracker wouldn't be usable for anything harder to slice like a hard cheese or a stick of salami, but NOW having watched that, would you bother to get out (then afterwards wash then put away) a knife?