Superman and Lois

Music and video: analog or digital
Post Reply
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Superman and Lois

Post by ukimalefu »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_%26_Lois

https://io9.gizmodo.com/clarks-new-supe ... 1845843404

With Superman & Lois, the CW plans to explore a phase of Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s shared lives that’s typically only had but so much time in the spotlight within DC’s comics. Here, the Metropolis-based couple isn’t just a talented team of reporters, they’re also parents who somehow find the time to fit saving the world from destruction into their schedules.

Though this Superman’s still the same man who’s been involved in the CW’s many superhero crossover events, Superman & Lois centers on aspects of his life not yet explored within his few appearances throughout the Arrowverse.



New Supersuit:

Image

The New Lois Lane

Image
User avatar
juice
Posts: 11876
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:26 am
Title: Inadvertently correct

Post by juice »

Superman should NOT have five o'clock shadow
User avatar
Robert B.
Posts: 3851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:56 pm
Title: Dandy Highwayman
Location: Wherever I go, there I am.

Post by Robert B. »

I wonder if the depiction will include them as parents trying to support their family while working in a dying industry.
"Hey, I gotta be me. Don't like it, don't read it." - Schnicky
User avatar
Pithecanthropus
Posts: 6030
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:46 pm
Title: Roast Master
Location: St. Cloud, MN
Contact:

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by Pithecanthropus »

From the CW? Hard pass.
set DeusEx.JCDentonMale bCheatsEnabled true
User avatar
j_tso
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by j_tso »

Pithecanthropus posted wrote: From the CW? Hard pass.


Going by The Flash and Arrow, the first 2 seasons should be fine.
User avatar
Séamas
Posts: 6820
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:32 pm
Title: Honorary Consul General
Location: Where am I?

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by Séamas »

I figure the guy from Krypton's load shoots powerful enough to go through steel.

Lois must really spend a lot of time on her kegel exercises.
And Proteus brought the upright beast into the garden and chained him to a tree and the children did make sport of him.
User avatar
maurvir
Posts: 25040
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:13 pm
Title: Steamed meat popsicle

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by maurvir »

Maybe he just uses Kevlar condoms?
User avatar
Malkin
Posts: 9850
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:13 pm
Title: kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Location: Hoth

Post by Malkin »

Nice that they actually cast an "older" woman.

But that may be the homeliest superman I've seen. He looks fine in other photos, so why did they make him so ugly for this promotion?
User avatar
j_tso
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by j_tso »

I am remembering Lois&Clark from the 90s, and hope this doesn't become like the seasons after they got married and it turned into an awful soap opera. Most of the show was that, but there was a lot more world saving going on in the early seasons.

Séamas posted wrote: I figure the guy from Krypton's load shoots powerful enough to go through steel.

Lois must really spend a lot of time on her kegel exercises.


They do it under a red lamp. Now brake lights gets Lois in the mood.
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30619
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by dv »

Huh. Alright.
Image
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39005
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re:

Post by TOS »

juice posted wrote: Superman should NOT have five o'clock shadow


hey, they can always fix it with cgi
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

TOS posted wrote:
juice posted wrote: Superman should NOT have five o'clock shadow


hey, they can always fix it with cgi


or a kryptonite razor blade
User avatar
j_tso
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by j_tso »

He does it with heat vision
The first Superman comic I remember reading in the late 1980s he had a beard and did it that way. It was the end of the Eradicator storyline.

Since the new show is also going to be about them balancing their home life, we'll see more of that.
User avatar
Robert B.
Posts: 3851
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:56 pm
Title: Dandy Highwayman
Location: Wherever I go, there I am.

Post by Robert B. »

This show sounds like a total snore fest.
"Hey, I gotta be me. Don't like it, don't read it." - Schnicky
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: Superman and Lois

Post by ukimalefu »

someone fixed the suit

Image
User avatar
TOS
Posts: 39005
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Re:

Post by TOS »

Robert B. posted wrote: This show sounds like a total snore fest.


this romance angle has really been done to death by now, hasn't it? weren't there two shows about it already?
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
User avatar
DukeofNuke
Posts: 33124
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Title: FREE RADICAL
Location: Scintillating!

Post by DukeofNuke »

I think the "Superman is God" angle hasn't been explored enough.
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

DukeofNuke posted wrote: I think the "Superman is God" angle hasn't been explored enough.


Including people who started a Superman religion?

And people who feared/hated Superman because of his "god like" powers?

I never got this "Superman is God" angle. By the way, chrome is suggesting I correct "angle", to "angel" :whatthe:

There's never been a Superboy show. Not that I want one, but there's been comics about that, both about Kid Clark/Superboy, and as a teenager, also called Superboy there. Those feature the relationship with the Kents a lot.
User avatar
dv
Posts: 30619
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Re: Re:

Post by dv »

ukimalefu posted wrote:
DukeofNuke posted wrote: I think the "Superman is God" angle hasn't been explored enough.


Including people who started a Superman religion?

And people who feared/hated Superman because of his "god like" powers?

I never got this "Superman is God" angle. By the way, chrome is suggesting I correct "angle", to "angel" :whatthe:

There's never been a Superboy show. Not that I want one, but there's been comics about that, both about Kid Clark/Superboy, and as a teenager, also called Superboy there. Those feature the relationship with the Kents a lot.


The Superboy show was called Smallville.
Image
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Re: Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

dv posted wrote:
ukimalefu posted wrote:
DukeofNuke posted wrote: I think the "Superman is God" angle hasn't been explored enough.


Including people who started a Superman religion?

And people who feared/hated Superman because of his "god like" powers?

I never got this "Superman is God" angle. By the way, chrome is suggesting I correct "angle", to "angel" :whatthe:

There's never been a Superboy show. Not that I want one, but there's been comics about that, both about Kid Clark/Superboy, and as a teenager, also called Superboy there. Those feature the relationship with the Kents a lot.


The Superboy show was called Smallville.


Uh..., duh, I saw ALL of Smallville and liked it. And yes, teenage/high school years.

The comics I have (actually it's just one old hardcover book called the history of Superman or something like that) features some stories where he's like a 6 years old kid, and some when he's around 13 maybe.
User avatar
j_tso
Posts: 1189
Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:46 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Re:

Post by j_tso »

DukeofNuke posted wrote: I think the "Superman is God" angle hasn't been explored enough.

I think Man of Steel and Dawn of Justice tried that, but all we got was imagery and little of that in the story.

TOS posted wrote:
this romance angle has really been done to death by now, hasn't it? weren't there two shows about it already?

They're already married with a child, so I guess "the romance is gone" is the next angle.



ukimalefu posted wrote:There's never been a Superboy show.


There was one in the 90s. I don't remember much of it, but there was a Bizarro storyline.

Image
User avatar
ukimalefu
Posts: 43449
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:52 pm
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Location: Failed State

Post by ukimalefu »

ok, I don't remember that superboy show

man of steel is not a superman movie

dawn of justice? is that batman VS superman? you HAVE TO HAVE THE 'S' there, none of this "v" blatherskite. is that the one with the joker playing not lex luthor? wonder woman is cool thought, meh

see? the arrowverse is better that those movies
Post Reply