4K, BluRay and DVD

Online now: ukimalefu
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Do any of you still buy these? Do you purchase digital? Stream? Or do you just watch on cable or tv? I'm just curious what everyone's watching habits are. I have a lot of hard copy of all 3 formats, but am starting to purchase some digital copies.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I've never purchased much. But then again, I'm not one to rewatch much over and over either. I mostly stream.
dv
I will occasionally pick up a DVD - usually an older movie that isn't available to stream anywhere. But in general I will just stream, even if it's just a stream rental.
macnuke Afar
haven't bought in years.
only rented once in the last 2 years.
stream is king.
I was just thinking the other day, why the hell are companies still producing and selling DVDs (480 resolution). They should all stop and only do at the minimum the basic 1080 Blu-Ray. VHS died almost twice as quick, kill the DVD already!
The only DVDs i watch are the ones i already own. I don't purchase those anymore. Im occasionally tempted to purchase BluRay and 4k, but pretty much have been passing them by.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
If I walk past as $5 DVD bin, I'll peruse it. I've found some decent flicks I'd never heard of that way.
sean Royal Wombat
100% of my TV/movie viewing is streamed these days. I don't even have a DVD player hooked up anymore.

I have a box of DVDs i need to rip onto my PLEX server at some point.
TOS
i haven't bought hard copies in a million years

i do sometimes think about it, with neat rare editions and cuts of movies i love that are still hard to find on streaming, but the idea of pulling a thing off a shelf and shoving it into a machine seems kind of ridiculous
maurvir posted:
If I walk past as $5 DVD bin, I'll peruse it. I've found some decent flicks I'd never heard of that way.

I do that on occasion, too.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

4K, BluRay and DVD