Star Trek: Lower Decks

Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Lower_Decks

Quote:
Star Trek: Lower Decks focuses on "the support crew serving on one of Starfleet’s least important ships" in the year 2380.

Quote:
t is set in 2380, after the film Star Trek: Nemesis (2002), aboard the California-class starship U.S.S. Cerritos.

The main writer of Rick and Morty will work on it.

Coming August 6
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Let's just say I'm not holding high hopes that this will be good.
TOS
star trek is dead, picard simply desecrated the corpse
TOS posted:
star trek is dead, picard simply desecrated the corpse

Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Abrams reboot killed Star Trek. Picard resurrected it.
dv
jkahless Custom Title
Metacell posted:

Picard even managed to redeem Nemesis to some degree... thats saying a lot.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Metacell posted:

That is a fact. Abrams basically threw out everything that made Trek "Trek, except for the spaceships. Star Trek was never supposed to be solely about action and explosions but here we are, nothing but action and explosions...and lens flair.

I am old enough to remember when Star Trek movies had an actual plot.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I have mentioned this elsewhere, but what I hate about Picard is the CONSTANT music bed. A lot of the time it doesn't match what's happening onscreen, or it does not support what the actors are doing, it's just stick fiddling omnipresent. The fact that I notice it makes it hard to ignore, and that kind of ruined the show for me.
jkahless Custom Title
Star Trek music has never recovered from its mid TNG execution. The suits wanted it to fade into the background, and eventually they won and the creatives lost. BOBW would not have been the same without it’s score.
jkahless posted:
Star Trek music has never recovered from its mid TNG execution. The suits wanted it to fade into the background, and eventually they won and the creatives lost. BOBW would not have been the same without it’s score.

I always thought it was because it was immensely cheaper to get one guy to play some ambient synth pads than to pay a whole in-house orchestra.
jkahless Custom Title
Metacell posted:
jkahless posted:

I always thought it was because it was immensely cheaper to get one guy to play some ambient synth pads than to pay a whole in-house orchestra.

They even continued to use an in house orchestra, they just weren’t allowed to use it properly. :cry:
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Pithecanthropus posted:
I have mentioned this elsewhere, but what I hate about Picard is the CONSTANT music bed. A lot of the time it doesn't match what's happening onscreen, or it does not support what the actors are doing, it's just stick fiddling omnipresent. The fact that I notice it makes it hard to ignore, and that kind of ruined the show for me.

Yep. I typically don't even notice the music in a movie unless it is really a focus but in Picard I was always noticing the music and not in a good way. It seems like the score chosen for any one scene was absolutely random with no connection to the action or emotion depicted on screen.
TOS
i think in the case of picard the music might serve as a useful distraction from the fact that the plot makes no fuckng sense
Oh come on, when did it ever?
Metacell posted:
Oh come on, when did it ever?

;)

:p
Don't forget:
"Jim...this fruit is full of acid!"
Metacell posted: