Quarantine concerts!

Online now: Google [Bot], j_tso, ukimalefu, Warin
obvs To hell with toilet paper. I own a bidet
I know we're all locked up at home. I've noticed that a lot of my favorite musicians who would normally be touring and who I'd normally have to wait for to come here are streaming free or cheap concerts online. This means opportunities to see raw performances from a lot of performers who may not always be in your area.

So yesterday, I attended a streaming concert from Lady Antebellum and Brad Paisley.

I'm subscribed to notifications from livenation.com and bandsintown.com, and I see tons of streaming concerts listed on their sites. In addition, I've watched streaming comedy shows from the DC Improv and DC Comedy Loft. I am going to see a $5 streaming stand up comedy show from the DC Improv tonight.

Have you been watching streaming concerts or live events since all this happened? Are there any upcoming one's you're aware of our looking forward to? Which ones have you really enjoyed? And do you know more places where events like this are listed?
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Oh yeah, been passing the hat around for my many, many friends who earn at least a partial living as artists. I mostly find out about things via Facebook Events. We also have a Facebook Group that lists all sorts of local virtual events.

Here's a bigger festival going on that may be of interest to folks here: Sounds Like Home (The Current's 3-day Virtual Festival)

I've also been attending a lot of virtual cinema to help keep my local indie theater afloat. Last night I paid $5 to attend a short films festival. Every Wednesday they stream some awful pic (got to be free for copyright reasons I suppose) and we all watch together. You should check if there's something similar in your area, or you could join us.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I'm nobody big, but I've been doing some jazz on Facebook live every Monday night at 8 PM central US time. Check it out if you dare: https://www.facebook.com/MondayNightJazzMN
Donkey Butter jerk face
I watch Joey Cape do an all Lagwagon acoustic set (with Brian Wahlstrom on piano) which was pretty great. After the show there was a FB live with all the band members that was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.

Tickets were "pay what you want" so that was pretty cool
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Pithecanthropus posted:
I'm nobody big, but I've been doing some jazz on Facebook live every Monday night at 8 PM central US time. Check it out if you dare: https://www.facebook.com/MondayNightJazzMN

:D
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Quarantine concerts!