Elton John's video christmas card

Online now: Google [Bot]
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
ukimalefu dysfunctional
John Lewis and Company is a chain of high-end retail stores in the UK. Their Christmas ads are something of an annual event which you can check out at the company's YouTube channel.

That Elton John ad was theirs for 2018. There is also a making of video for that.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
That Elton John ad was theirs for 2018. There is also a making of video for that.

Wow. I thought they had used remastered archival footage. That makeup is amazing.
Yeah, I thought that the segment that takes place aboard a jet--which lasts for about 10 seconds--was taken from a specific video which featured Elton John aboard a private jet that was rented by various rock stars on tour in the US during the 1980s through the 1990s (I think) although the lighting had been altered via computer special effects rather than a recreation.

On second thought this video was TOO GOOD. I recall that that original video was taken probably with a cruddy handheld VHS camera rather than with a professional camera setup. But that scene recreated enough elements that anyone who could recall the original should associate it with the recreation.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Elton John's video christmas card