Share your music library!

Online now: Google [Bot], juice, maurvir, ukimalefu
I got a bunch of David Bowie songs because I've listened to Moden Love and a couple others and liked the genre, but the rest of his songs sound like... Hot garbage? Like a stoner reciting poetry while plucking at his guitar then remixed by a drunk producer? Is it supposed to sound like that or did I get a bad batch?

And does anyone have anything like The Fratellis? Their songs are awesome and I'd like to find more artists like that.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:11 pm.

justine Elitist Beer Lover
macnuke Afar
bad mouthing Bowie gets you banned.
So help me. Are the Bowie songs in my library accurate or distorted?
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Betonhaus posted:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsIQJ23rEAwFtgzszNhV6IMcr61P

I do have ulterior motives though. I downloaded a bunch of David Bowie songs because I've listened to Moden Love and a couple others and liked the genre, but the rest of his songs sound like... Hot garbage? Like a stoner reciting poetry while plucking at his guitar then remixed by a drunk producer? Is it supposed to sound like that or did I get a bad batch?

And does anyone have anything like The Fratellis? Their songs are awesome and I'd like to find more artists like that.

they have a band!?

;) :p

--

Now, Bowie. I'm not saying you have to like every Bowie song, but I belive "not liking something" is different from "it's bad". Having said that, I'm only familiar with the most popular Bowie stuff, whatever's been on radio and/or movies, and that's enough for me to consider him one of the greatest artists.

--

Are you looking for music recommendations? I don't know, try whatever music videos I post.
ukimalefu posted:
Betonhaus posted:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsIQJ23rEAwFtgzszNhV6IMcr61P

I do have ulterior motives though. I downloaded a bunch of David Bowie songs because I've listened to Moden Love and a couple others and liked the genre, but the rest of his songs sound like... Hot garbage? Like a stoner reciting poetry while plucking at his guitar then remixed by a drunk producer? Is it supposed to sound like that or did I get a bad batch?

they have a band!?

;) :p

--

Now, Bowie. I'm not saying you have to like every Bowie song, but I belive "not liking something" is different from "it's bad". Having said that, I'm only familiar with the most popular Bowie stuff, whatever's been on radio and/or movies, and that's enough for me to consider him one of the greatest artists.

--

Are you looking for music recommendations? I don't know, try whatever music videos I post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfMgmadd7vU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-hbWl-glw

As it is.. I've found a few that seem almost good but it's like they are tinny with no fullness to the sound. I don't know if it's supposed to be like that and I've been spoiled by modern remixing or something.

...or maybe it's my car, as listening to random songs on my computer with headphones they seem fine. Strange, as most music works fine?

Modern love was part of the Lets Dance album and it has good stuff

Last edited by Betonhaus on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:11 pm.

ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Ok, I liked those two fratellis songs.

But, for me that name will always be the bad guys from the goonies.
ukimalefu posted:
Ok, I liked those two fratellis songs.

But, for me that name will always be the bad guys from the goonies.

Yeah, we need to cure that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dlq6L07wxrA

I'll check out the music video thread, some time in the next couple weeks I'll be rejiggering my music library.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Like everything that was good in the 60's and 70's, 80's Bowie is NOT AS GOOD and that includes a lot of pop radio hits.

But Space Oddity and Ziggy Stardust are about the two best albums ever made, and Diamond Dogs, Low, and Aladdin Sane are sort of cult fantastic, but they are uneven and experimental. Something like Brian Eno's, "Here Come the Warm Jets" is better from start to finish.
Well I got my music library rejiggered.. I'll do a purge later on of the human waste I decide i hate.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:12 pm.

Bowie’s human waste was better than most people’s best efforts. His ability to anticipate tastes, draw from the art around him, and essentially create the future is unparalleled.

Listening to some of it without context probably is confusing. And as was said - you don’t have to personally like any it, but Bowie’s ability to transform and create basically lasted until the end. His very stick fiddling end. I don’t know anyone else who has pulled that off.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
It sounds to me like your complaints are more about engineering than artistry.
Did you actually buy these songs that sound bad?
Like, from iTunes or Amazon or someplace that might have actual quality control?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
You know, as opposed to file sharing with strangers.
dv
Malkin posted:
Bowie’s human waste was better than most people’s best efforts. His ability to anticipate tastes, draw from the art around him, and essentially create the future is unparalleled.

Listening to some of it without context probably is confusing. And as was said - you don’t have to personally like any it, but Bowie’s ability to transform and create basically lasted until the end. His very stick fiddling end. I don’t know anyone else who has pulled that off.

Bud Herseth. :p
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
dv posted:
Malkin posted:

Bud Herseth. :p

:love:
dv
Moved to Media Center per request from Betonhaus.

Bowie did a lot of work, had a long career, worked in a few very different genres. Honestly, if you got some of his work you didn't like, chances are he did something else that would suit your tastes just fine.
Code:
38 Special
Aerosmith
Armin van Buuren
Audioslave
Axwell n Ingrosso - More Than You Know
Basshunter
Benassi Bros
Best car driving music
Billy Idol
Brooklin bounce
Bush