Han and Greedo shot at the same time now?

Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu dysfunctional
https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/12/209 ... orge-lucas

Quote:
The change was “made by George made prior to the Disney acquisition,” a Disney representative told The Verge. The new edit, which was first spotted by the
Star Wars Visual Comparisons Twitter account
, features an entirely new insert of the Rodian bounty hunter Greedo saying something while talking to Han Solo in the Mos Eisley cantina on Tatooine.

Quote:
it appears “the timing has been adjusted farther and they now shoot on the same frame.”

I'd like to think that George Lucas trolled Disney with this one, but no, he just got old.

This is how I saw it (and still do): Han Solo did NOT shoot first, he was the only one to shoot, because he was cornered, trapped, being taken to Jabba, he had no other way out, and given the "old west inspiration" of the mos eisley cantina, shooting someone and leaving was no big deal. This doesn't make Han Solo a "cold blooded killer", it makes him a survivor. Shooting first implies a second shooter. No, Greedo never had a chance.

Having said that, I'll admit I'm not sure if Han Solo's bounty was "dead or alive", but I believe Greedo never intended to shoot him. At least not unless necessary, I suppose.

-

Oh, and one more thing, in the 21st century, Dave Filoni is Star Wars. George Lucas should go play with his grandkids or something, enjoy retirement.

Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
They should do a version of the scene from Inglourious Basterds where Han's Corellian buddies pull up chairs and reveal they've also had their blasters pointed at Greedo the whole time. Then they can all drink their shots of Nikta and blast each others balls off.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I saw Star Wars in the movie theatre in the summer of 1977. Han kills Greedo in cold blood. Greedo does not shoot at all. That's the way I remember it, that's the way George Lucas released it, that's the way it should be.
Did greedo at least have a gun in his hand? At this point I don't know what's real or not anymore.
Yes. Greedo has a blaster. He was threatening Han. Han gut shot him when Greedo made it clear that he was going to go for the dead in dead or alive. Greedo never shot.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Next up: Editing Indiana Jones so he does not simply shoot the guy with the swords.
Pariah posted:
Next up: Editing Indiana Jones so he does not simply shoot the guy with the swords.

iirc he had the flu or something and wasn't up to the scene.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Betonhaus posted:
Pariah posted:

iirc he had the flu or something and wasn't up to the scene.

Which was actually a good thing. If you are holding a gun, and your opponents are holding swords... Anything else would have been dumb.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Han and Greedo shot at the same time now?