The Shining got a sequel

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
ukimalefu dysfunctional
No, really, Stephen King did write the sequel novel [I didn't know that] and now there's a movie

https://io9.gizmodo.com/early-impressio ... 1839378425

To me everything is a spoiler, click at your own risk, I didn't read anything past the first paragraph.

Oh, it comes out Nov 8, if you would see it in theaters (ok, I scrolled all the way down to find that).
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ewan MacGregor plays grown-up Danny Torrance.
Vulture 420
Since Kubrick's adaptation of the novel is what made the first movie, this one will in most likelihood suck.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Vulture posted:
Since Kubrick's adaptation of the novel is what made the first movie, this one will in most likelihood suck.

Aww, come on, give it a chance! It's not like only Kubrick can make King's ideas entertaining.

The Shining was the second R rated horror movie I ever saw at the theater. The first was Alien. I guess I was hooked on horror by then. Most have been letdowns in comparison.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Vulture posted:

With The Shining it was better to have not read the book to enjoy the movie fully. I don't think I will ever forgive Kubrick for the way he treated Scatman Crothers' character.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Metacell posted:
Vulture posted:

Aww, come on, give it a chance! It's not like only Kubrick can make King's ideas entertaining.

The Shining was the second R rated horror movie I ever saw at the theater. The first was Alien. I guess I was hooked on horror by then. Most have been letdowns in comparison.

Ive only ever seen 2 in the theater in my life. The first was The Exorcist and i laughed thru it. The second was Phantasm, and it scarfed the crap outta me. The very first horror flick i ever saw was Night Of The Living Dead when i was real little. I was ok with it.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Shining got a sequel