Star Trek: Picard

Page: 1, 2, 3
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], ukimalefu
It's problably going to the Artifact. Unless there's another detour.
TOS
Warin posted:
TOS posted:
that wasn't troi, though it did kind of look like her

and so long seven, i guess ... that sure was quick

I doubt Bimbo of Borg was killed in the shootout.

basically they paid her just enough to provide footage for trailers but not much more

i've been hearing their budget was incredibly tight, and this informed all their cast and plot choices
Vulture 420
I heard a lot of haters of this series mention The Orville and how good it is, I started watching that instead.
Vulture posted:
Betonhaus posted:
The AI Scientist is likely working for or replaced by an agent of Chief of Security Oh. There's a big gap between Oh "Asking her questions" and her showing up just in time to shoot the last assassin with one of their own guns.

Doesn't mean that pilot sex is off the menu, but he has the emergency holograms to keep him company.

She'll be blowing him in a dark corner somewhere the first chance she gets.

:squint:
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
That last episode was dope, I don't care what any of you naysaying naybobs have to uncouth individual and whine and moan about.
It was an emotional Rollercoaster. The shirtless pilot scene was totally unnecessary and they did everything possible to make it clear that they stick fiddled that a blind orphan would realize.

Picard having Borg PTSD was done fairly well though he recovered really quickly after seeing the reclaimation project.
Nothing good is "necessary."
Okay... The Scientist being told the terrible truth via mind meld is rather concerning as it reeks of brainwashing. That bursts open the venn diagram of possible terrible truths.
TOS
i lost what little interest i had in this show pretty quick; i don't expect to finish it
On the other hand:

Kestra is awesome. I wonder if her middle name is Lwaxana. The actor chosen was great and the writing was superb. Also, Troi and Riker were equally awesome.

I am quite enjoying it so far. It is interesting to see “ordinary” people trying to move about when they don’t have the resources of Starfleet at their back and call. As a whole, the writing is well done and the performances are pretty solid.
juice Inadvertently correct
Reviews are mixed?
Lombo Opiofiend
Anyhow, I liked it a lot.
TOS posted:
i lost what little interest i had in this show pretty quick; i don't expect to finish it

Your loss, dude. This just keeps getting better and better. 7-of-9 just hijacked a Borg cube. This is the first really great Star Trek since First Contact. And if I'm being totally honest, Next Generation was boring and trite half the time, so this is the best Star Trek since TOS.

This whole DOOM crossover bit seems a tad silly though.
jkahless Custom Title
So, watching Picard with a mental health professional and she lost her human waste with the psychology in the dream sequences. They got it baaaaaaang on. We had to stop the tv so she could finish exploding about how it was a perfect blend of jungian dream theory and narrative simplification.

I have been consistently impressed with the level of scientific detail the new trek series pay to their technobabble. Even the fx are more consistent with our scientific understanding.
macnuke Afar
I enjoyed the season.. look forward to next.

and 7of9 is still hotness.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Somebody likes Van Halen

Capitan Rios' ship, La Sirena (The Mermaid)

CBS has made its All Access service free for a month by registering and entering the coupon code of "GIFT".

CBS All Access with make ST: Picard's season 1 finale (episode 10) available beginning this Thursday so you may want to wait until then to take advantage.
Goddamn, that was the most beautiful thing I ever sawed, Jai Ganesha, son of Kali the Adi-Shakti and Adi-Buddha, who lives through us all and through whom we all live. Shanti.
Yori Program
I enjoyed that. Looking forward to S2. :)
I hope there's some more lesbo action! :p
jkahless Custom Title
Absolutely wonderful. I feel like I can almost watch Nemesis again now.
dv
jkahless posted:
Absolutely wonderful. I feel like I can almost watch Nemesis again now.

Nooooooo.....
jkahless Custom Title
I said almost!
Lombo Opiofiend
That was beautiful. What will happens next ?
jkahless Custom Title
The fact the entire climax of the season came down to a conversation about human nature. It makes me emotional just thinking about how they pulled that off. It was an uneven series, but they stuck the landing.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Star Trek: Picard

Page: 1, 2, 3