They are making a 4th Matrix movie

Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/20/2082 ... arner-bros

Warner Bros. has just announced a fourth film in the Matrix series, with original stars Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss set to reprise their iconic roles as Neo and Trinity, respectively. Lana Wachowski is set to write and direct the sequel.
juice Inadvertently correct
Fourth? There was only one.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
While I agree that the two sequels generally sucked, there is an argument to be made for them. Supposedly.
maurvir posted:
While I agree that the two sequels generally sucked, there is an argument to be made for them. Supposedly.

I like all the matrix movies
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I hope it's just two hours of the three of them apologizing for the last half of the second movie, and all of the third.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
They were all great. Some people just can't relax and enjoy hi-camp hi-tech trash. "Oh but the first one was deep and clever!" No it wasn't...it just came first.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
juice posted:
Fourth? There was only one.

+1
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Is there no more imagination in Hollywood?
DukeofNuke posted:
Is there no more imagination in Hollywood?

More like no appetite for anything other than a "sure thing". Creative films might flop, so why risk it when you can reboot a successful franchise?

Which is why we may never see another cult classic again.
The idiots at CNN kept referring to this as the third matrix movie. They probably fixed it by now.

*edit* yup referred now as 3rd sequel; meh maybe I read it wrong the first time.
avkills posted:
The idiots at CNN kept referring to this as the third matrix movie. They probably fixed it by now.

*edit* yup referred now as 3rd sequel; meh maybe I read it wrong the first time.

the internet never forgets

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/20/ente ... index.html
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
TOS
Metacell posted:
They were all great. Some people just can't relax and enjoy hi-camp hi-tech trash. "Oh but the first one was deep and clever!" No it wasn't...it just came first.

oh come on the intention was clearly to jam as much earnest multilayered philosophical mumbo-jumbo as possible into those movies

they weren't just being campy and goofy, they were definitely aiming for deeeeeeeep

what makes the first different is that they soft-pedaled it like crazy, went balls deep in the sequels

"because i choose to!"

yeesh
What makes the first different is that nobody had seen the camera array trick done before.

Oh yeah, they stuck as much anime Taoism in it for sure...but you know, it still just schlock. Existenz is the deep version.
Metacell posted:
What makes the first different is that nobody had seen the camera array trick done before.

Oh yeah, they stuck as much anime Taoism in it for sure...but you know, it still just schlock. Existenz is the deep version.

Wow, you are the only other person I've ever known who was even vaguely aware of Existenz. That movie was... interesting in it's own weird sort of way.
maurvir posted:
Metacell posted:

Wow, you are the only other person I've ever known who was even vaguely aware of Existenz. That movie was... interesting in it's own weird sort of way.

I'm a David Cronenberg fan, and it's his best movie.
jkahless Custom Title
maurvir posted:
Metacell posted:

I saw it as a young teen. All I can remember is creepy guns that... shoot teeth? It was not approachable, even for me.
I have to give The Naked Lunch credit for another movie that bends reality better than The Matrix. But that movie is just so extreme.
I thought the 13th floor was pretty good.
avkills posted:

I liked it
avkills posted:

That's because it was good. ;)
How's about Being John Malkovich for a mind-screw?
Vulture 420
What happens when a man goes through his own portal? We'll see!

Malkovich? Malkovich, malkovich. malkovich malkovich, malkovich malkovich. Malkovich?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

They are making a 4th Matrix movie