Hello there

Online now: Betonhaus, Bing (sucks), DEyncourt, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
TOS
could be great, but it would be reeeeeally easy to blow it

i think they need to get a handle on star wars before rushing out to create new extensions of the franchise

the whole thing is still a total mess

at least wait till star wars 9 comes out
I find your lack of faith disturbing
CONFIRMED! It's happening :D

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/23/2083 ... -star-wars

from wikipedia:
Quote:
On August 15, 2019, it was reported that a series centered around Obi-Wan Kenobi is in development for Disney's streaming service, Disney+, with Ewan McGregor in talks to reprise his role.[39] On August 23, 2019, at the D23 Expo, Lucasfilm officially announced the as-yet untitled Obi-Wan Kenobi series for Disney+, with McGregor confirmed to reprise his role. Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy stated that the show’s scripts had been completed and that shooting would begin in 2020.[19][20][21] The series takes place 8 years after Revenge of the Sith.[19]

TOS
don't forget to double the budget to account for reshoots

'tis the star wars way
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Robert B. posted:
Meh.

This.
I have officially given up on Star Wars. I have matured, the franchise has not.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Pariah posted:
Robert B. posted:
Meh.

This.

It lost its roots when Lucas filmed and released The Phantom Menace. He seemed to forget that he based the first movie on Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon and the romp-along adventures they were. He added politics, and that sapped the life from everything.

I enjoyed The Force Awakens because it brought the adventure back. I hated The Last Jedi because it introduced the concept of fuel (when did Han Solo ever worry about running out of gas? How did Luke's little snub-nosed fighter make it all the way to Dagoba, then to Cloud City, without having to stop at a gas station??). I thought Rogue One was too much like watching Saving Private Ryan, and Solo was aimless and pointless.

I really want to love Star Wars again, I really do.

(And don't get me started on the direction Star Trek has taken. Ugh!)
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Pithecanthropus posted:
Pariah posted:
Robert B. posted:
Meh.

This.

It lost its roots when Lucas filmed and released The Phantom Menace. He seemed to forget that he based the first movie on Buck Rogers/Flash Gordon and the romp-along adventures they were. He added politics, and that sapped the life from everything.

I enjoyed The Force Awakens because it brought the adventure back. I hated The Last Jedi because it introduced the concept of fuel (when did Han Solo ever worry about running out of gas? How did Luke's little snub-nosed fighter make it all the way to Dagoba, then to Cloud City, without having to stop at a gas station??). I thought Rogue One was too much like watching Saving Private Ryan, and Solo was aimless and pointless.

I really want to love Star Wars again, I really do.

(And don't get me started on the direction Star Trek has taken. Ugh!)

I also want to love Star Wars again, but, as Pariah says, I have matured, and the series get even more stupid.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I was about 10 or 11 when the first movie came out. My family was tight with money, so unless a friend invited me to a movie, I just never went.
So I think I never saw Star Wars until maybe four or five years after it came out.
Maybe because it was so hyped, or maybe because I already had been exposed to just about everything about the movie, I was a little let down--and I thought a lot of it was clumsy (some of the editing is just bewildering) and stupid (sorry, but C3PO is no less stupid than Jar Jar).

The overall story was good, I mean it is nothing less than a studied archetype and the sets and design of droids and ships and whatnot were totally excellent.

Seeing it, and any of the sequels since, and I just never got the fanaticism some people have for it. The first was a good popcorn adventure movie, the second was a worthy sequel, the rest were bad commercials for toys and merchandise.
macnuke Afar
Star Wars 14: Luke Needs a Walker
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I don't care what anyone says, I still like Star Wars. The Last Jedi was my favorite since Empire and all the complaints I heard just make think..."so? Who cares, its Star Wars." Also: Solo was better than Rogue One.

However, I will not not subscribe to Disney's streaming service. Hello again bittorrent.
I like the new movies. I like EVERYTHING Star Wars.

But, IMHO, the best Star Wars of the 21st century is not in the live action movies, but in the animated series: The Clone Wars, Rebels, even Star Wars Resistance (that one IS indeed aimed at kids (because kids weren't into Star Wars? :roll: ), but it has great moments that tie into the movies.

These days, Dave Filoni IS Star Wars.
Metacell posted:
I don't care what anyone says, I still like Star Wars. The Last Jedi was my favorite since Empire and all the complaints I heard just make think..."so? Who cares, its Star Wars." Also: Solo was better than Rogue One.

However, I will not not subscribe to Disney's streaming service. Hello again bittorrent.

Yes.

A nephew showed me some youtube Star Wars "reviews" and the mansplaining made my brain hurt. The sense of entitlement in entertainment is all out of proportion.
TOS
ukimalefu posted:

But, IMHO, the best Star Wars of the 21st century is not in the live action movies, but in the animated series: The Clone Wars, Rebels, even Star Wars Resistance (that one IS indeed aimed at kids (because kids weren't into Star Wars? :roll: ), but it has great moments that tie into the movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4erSphTd3Rs
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

BIG SPOILERS!!! If you haven't seen Rebels, or the Clone Wars, you don't want to see that.
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

BIG SPOILERS!!! If you haven't seen Rebels, or the Clone Wars, you don't want to see that.

Um, mostly because if you have NOT seen the animated Star Wars series (as I have NOT) then TOS' linked video makes very little sense. Yeah, sure, there is Darth Vader but having NO context everything and everyone else is pretty much meaningless.
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:
TOS posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Um, mostly because if you have NOT seen the animated Star Wars series (as I have NOT) then TOS' linked video makes very little sense. Yeah, sure, there is Darth Vader but having NO context everything and everyone else is pretty much meaningless.

No, it IS a BIG spoiler. Because if you start watching, then you know who is who, and you already know that scene is coming and what does it mean.

But ok, maybe it's just me. I believe the name of the next Star Wars movies is a spoiler. And I didn't want to know who shows up, but I do, because it's on the dam poster. I haven't watched the trailer, because trailers are full of spoilers. I want to know nothing more than "there's another star wars movie or tv show coming!.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Hello there