The Addams Family, animated

Online now: Pariah
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
dv
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
dv posted:

Your link looks good in the quoted post, but it breaks when I click it. It does open in a new tab as it should, but it loses the last parentheses bracket for some reason, so it doesn't work.

Anyway, I wasn't familiar with that animated series.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
ukimalefu posted:
dv posted:

Your link looks good in the quoted post, but it breaks when I click it. It does open in a new tab as it should, but it loses the last parentheses bracket for some reason, so it doesn't work.

I fixed that by putting the entire link into the URL BBCode.
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
dv posted:

But that wouldn't fix the quoted version, which seems to be the case. When i saw this thread earlier I tried adding stuff behind the bracket which still got excluded from the url. Did Obvs or someone discreetly tidy up behind the scenes?
ukimalefu posted:

I mostly agree. What the makers of this new animated series mostly fail to understand is that in the Addams Family world they are considered by outsiders as...um, merely off-beat, with only the really outrê items like Thing causing actual disturbances (and in the original series Thing only rarely interacted with those outsiders).

But I did like Wednesday Addams' school science experiment in that trailer. THAT was more along the lines of the original series.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
Betonhaus posted:
arkayn posted:
ukimalefu posted:
dv posted:

But that wouldn't fix the quoted version, which seems to be the case. When i saw this thread earlier I tried adding stuff behind the bracket which still got excluded from the url. Did Obvs or someone discreetly tidy up behind the scenes?

I fixed the quoted version as well.
DEyncourt posted:
ukimalefu posted:

I mostly agree. What the makers of this new animated series mostly fail to understand is that in the Addams Family world they are considered by outsiders as...um, merely off-beat, with only the really outrê items like Thing causing actual disturbances (and in the original series Thing only rarely interacted with those outsiders).

But I did like Wednesday Addams' school science experiment in that trailer. THAT was more along the lines of the original series.

I think that part is more of a sign of the times thing. During the original Addam's Family American culture was to be a bit more stoic without showing weakness and that's how people would react to the family's antics. Nowadays all hell breaks loose because someone's motorcycle backfired.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
They are wasting all over Addam's vision of his family. The caricatures in this new animation are grotesque. As was stated above, the whole riff of the Addams is that they are almost normal, the original series was a satirical dig at the wholesome, middle class sit-coms of the day featuring cloyingly normal families.
I could go on and on like a TV critic but I will sum it up by saying the creators of this new Addams clearly have no clue about the artist Addams, have no grasp of his clever, subversive humor and are participating in a crase, artless money grab.
I grew up watching the Addams and I absolutely loved that show and I was OK with the movies, the first one was really good, the rest, meh, but they did not human waste all over Addams like this cartoon does.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Pariah posted:
They are wasting all over Addam's vision of his family. The caricatures in this new animation are grotesque.

I thought they did a reasonable job at homage to the original New Yorker cartoons.
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2018 ... ily-secret
They should have tried making the reboot in B&W imho.

To me it seems they are more in line with the cartoons than the tv show.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

The Addams Family, animated