Hulu

Online now: Google [Bot]
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I have Xfinity and Netflix. Do any of you have Hulu? I'm wondering what you get with it. Meaning, i already get a lot, but am i missing something, besides the Handmaids Tale, by not having Hulu?
macnuke Afar
netflix.... movies.
amazon prime.... movies and some series shows.
hulu......all the other human waste you get on TV. what you call network shows.

we have those three and watch pretty much whatever we want on demand.
still keep Kodi updated for the occasional movie that hasn't been released yet.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
justine posted:
I have Xfinity and Netflix. Do any of you have Hulu? I'm wondering what you get with it. Meaning, i already get a lot, but am i missing something, besides the Handmaids Tale, by not having Hulu?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11.22.63
user Stupid cockwomble
Hulu is my central hub for live cable tv, full seasons of many shows, movies and HBO.
Some networks, like SyFy, only allow it to carry the last 5 shows, though. They want to be able to sell DVDs.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
When I have exhausted all entertainment value from NETFLIX, I shall vampire-like add Hulu to my a la carte. I remember when the 3 offerings had the mainline glitzy crap and the UHF off-brands had the cool offerings, but those days are now behind us and we choose what entertainment we shall be fed?

Sooo...anyone want to convince me there's a better value than NETFLIX $12.99 offering? Because in my lifetime, cable channels like HBO, Showtime were $20+ for nowhere near as much.
Uki: So Hulu produces their own shows like Netflix does?
macnuke Afar
Justine

they offer a 30day free trial... give it a go and see if you like it instead of relying on the Siskel and Eberts of Macstack :lol:
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
justine posted:
Uki: So Hulu produces their own shows like Netflix does?

Some...

I... don't have Hulu... :paranoid: I just... read about it on the interwebs

This post brought to you by ellipses

https://uproxx.com/tv/best-hulu-origina ... right-now/
macnuke Afar
so much for your Siskel and Ebert :lol:
user Stupid cockwomble
Handmaden is a Hulu production. They also have many others, including one about a fortune teller starring the guy from Burn Notice.
user posted:
Handmaden is a Hulu production. They also have many others, including one about a fortune teller starring the guy from Burn Notice.

:up:
I love Hulu! It's my main TV service.

However the new Disney control and the agreement with NBC/Comcast that lets them remove shows starting in 2022 has me worried.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yeah, they had already lost Comedy Central and a lot of BBC that they had before. The fracturing of streaming services threatens to pull the market apart.
user posted:
Yeah, they had already lost Comedy Central and a lot of BBC that they had before. The fracturing of streaming services threatens to pull the market apart.

For me the worst part is how terrible most of the other players are. Like the CW only has stuff on its own service now, whereas they used to put some things on Hulu. But their app and servers are just awful, while Hulu always works and works well.

In fact, if I could get access to CBS All Access through Hulu (for an additional fee, like Showtime), I would be significantly more likely to subscribe. Though their poor previous season offerings might keep me away still, considering their unreasonably high price points.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Hulu