Be careful what you wish for ...

Online now: Google [Bot], juice
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
A couple of years or so ago, when SciFi Channel became SyFy and started making their own shows and wrestling took over the evening time slots, I wished for another channel.
I called it SciFi II, and I wanted it to play the old Irwin Allen tv shows, all the Star Treks, Outer Limits and Twilight Zone, old Drive-In monster and space movies. Keeping it simple.
Well, "You don't always get what you want ..." and "Be careful what you wish for ..."
But somebody else had the same idea. I recently stumbled across this:
https://www.comettv.com/
dv
Cool.

A lot of that stuff (Twilight Zone, Star Trek, etc.) shows up on MeTV, too, if you have that broadcasting in your area. Plus Hogan's Heroes.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Looks like it's a local over the air channel for me. Does that mean for people that don't have cable or something comparable? I know i have Me tv, but i always forget about it.
dv
justine posted:
Looks like it's a local over the air channel for me. Does that mean for people that don't have cable or something comparable? I know i have Me tv, but i always forget about it.

At the bottom of the page there's a spot where you can type your zip code and it will tell you what channel(s) to watch.

https://www.comettv.com/#find

I've got it OTA as well as through local cable providers, but it also looks like they stream online too.

https://www.comettv.com/watch-live/
dv, i already did that, which is how i know it's an over the air broadcast. What exactly is that? People that use an antenna? And the streaming options aren't free, altho i should check Apple Tv to see if it is. Did anyone check if the Comet streaming is free?
dv
justine posted:
dv, i already did that, which is how i know it's an over the air broadcast. What exactly is that? People that use an antenna? And the streaming options aren't free, altho i should check Apple Tv to see if it is. Did anyone check if the Comet streaming is free?

Over the air is for an antenna, yes. It's free.

The streaming page I linked to works for me, no cost. I was watching Kongo a minute ago.
I wasn't asking if over the air was free. I was asking if streaming Comet was free. Nevermind. :p
dv
user Stupid cockwomble
I get it over the air on my bedroom TV. Comes in good in my apartment. At my house it was so bad it wasn't worth it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv posted:
Cool.

A lot of that stuff (Twilight Zone, Star Trek, etc.) shows up on MeTV, too, if you have that broadcasting in your area. Plus Hogan's Heroes.

I knew about MeTv, it's a waiting room favorite, all Andy Griffith and Gunsmoke; but I followed your link and sure enough they have the Irwin Allen shows; Lost in Space, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Land of the Giants. They air at times like 3:00 am, though.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Be careful what you wish for ...