Sirius XM

Online now: Bing (sucks), DukeofNuke, Google [Bot], juice, Majestic-12 [Bot], ukimalefu
justine Elitist Beer Lover
So, i have a free trial for 3 months and so far i like it but i also know i won't pay full price for it. I heard the app is cheaper and wondered what anyone that uses it thinks. Also, how are you supposed to find channels besides scrolling?
My car supports XM Traffic and such, I'm interested in trying it out. I might check if I can get a free trial...

That being said, I don't see how Sirius is better than Spotify other then it doesn't use your data
Everyone can get a free trial of Sirius. It's when the trial ends that you negotiate. And i don't use Spotify.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
I just listen to the music that is stored on the SD card in my phone, I am not going to pay someone to listen to music.
macnuke Afar
my family dropped sirius because the randomly start to charge more and do not tell you the new rates are in effect.
so it's pandora on your phone and just stream it to your car when you are in it.
works like a charm
macnuke posted:
my family dropped sirius because the randomly start to charge more and do not tell you the new rates are in effect.
so it's pandora on your phone and just stream it to your car when you are in it.
works like a charm

Yeah, that's kinda where i'm leaning to. And i already use iHeart radio to listen to a local station wherever i am. Sirius has some good classic rock stations, but i'm not sure it's worth paying for.
macnuke Afar
nice cars made in the last 4+ years have ability to stream from your phone... makes it pretty easy to just get in... start up... and it auto connects and starts playing
macnuke posted:
nice cars made in the last 4+ years have ability to stream from your phone... makes it pretty easy to just get in... start up... and it auto connects and starts playing

Carplay. I have it and i love it!
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
arkayn posted:
I just listen to the music that is stored on the SD card in my phone, I am not going to pay someone to listen to music.

I agree 100%

but

I understand that with apple music at least, the advantage is you can listen to anything they have at anytime. Like "netflix for music". On demand streaming.

But paid radio? yeah, that's blatherskite.

The free apple music is like a radio, you listen whatever they play. I think free spotify is like that too, but it doesn't work where I am.
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
macnuke posted:

I changed out the factory radio for one with bluetooth, so mine does automatically connect and start playing when I get in and start my vehicle.
macnuke Afar
arkayn posted:
macnuke posted:

I changed out the factory radio for one with bluetooth, so mine does automatically connect and start playing when I get in and start my vehicle.

that's because you didn't buy an Apple Car which would not have allowed an audio card upgrade ;)
obvs precoupado
I've had Sirius a few different times in my life, and have a Sirius XM radio with a lifetime subscription. It hasn't been plugged in within the last year. I have Spotify on my phone, and it is so much better. The music is much more tailored to my tastes. It's much less repetitive, and it's helped me find so much good new music.
juice Inadvertently correct
So you have a Sirius subscription that you paid for but that you’re not using? I’m not surprised. I’ve found I’ve used the service while it was available on a new vehicle but didn’t really miss it once the free subscription had expired.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I have Sirius, and I like it.
I like that there are real DJs on many of the music channels, and like DJs do, they often have little stories about the songs or artists, or group songs according to a theme, ect.. And no ads. I like the wide selection of news channels, too.
I'm not a big fan of using my phone for music in the car; I keep thinking I'll go over my data plan and have to pay for extra gigs. (My car does not have the built-in hot spot. That's another subscription, anyway. Cell service can be spotty around here, too.) It also seems to me that using the phone or an iPod seems to add an extra layer of WTF to the process. In fact, I bought a 12V "cigarette lighter" charger for the phone instead of using the built-in USB because plugging the phone into the USB the phone takes over and starts playing Aerosmith (alphabetical order ya know), so then I have to futz with the phone to find something I want to listen to, and I don't want to do that while I'm driving.
Also, I live on the wrong side of the tracks in Poduk, Boondocks. There are only four radio stations here: Country, Christian, NPR, and a Classic Rock LPFM that you can only pick up in town. So, ads again.
I'm pretty happy with Sirius and I guess I'll stick with them for the foreseeable future.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
justine posted:
So, i have a free trial for 3 months and so far i like it but i also know i won't pay full price for it. I heard the app is cheaper and wondered what anyone that uses it thinks. Also, how are you supposed to find channels besides scrolling?

Here are the plans:
https://www.siriusxm.com/servlet/Satell ... llPackages

and you should be able to set your favorite stations on the station buttons on the radio
Thanks, duke. Those rates are a lot more than i'm willing to pay, but i also heard that when my trial ends and they contact me just tell tem i really can't afford, or don't want to pay that much and they'll reduce the rate.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Oh, yeah; their Retention Department will toss your salad to get you to stay.
I've had my car for 3 weeks, and they're already sending me the info to sign up "at a reduced rate" that i still don't want to pay.
macnuke Afar
if the envelope they provide is postage paid....

chop everything else from their offer up and place in envelope and mail it back to them.

amazing how much crap i have sent back to AARP
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Sirius XM