adios punisher and jessica jones

Online now: Google [Bot], iDaemon, juice, ukimalefu
TOS
netflix has canceled its last two marvel shows

that's all
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
but what about the next season of Jessica Jones? it was being made, like, they already produced at least some of it...

*edit*

according to wikipedia, the last season of Jessica Jones will be released this year, but yeah, it will be the last one

:(
dv
Was good while it lasted.

Streaming service market fragmentation sucks. Guess I'll go back to piracy.
maurvir Meat popsicle
It's almost as if these clowns failed to grasp the real problem of cable TV and solved the wrong problems. The good news is that eventually these morons will grasp that no one can subscribe to so many individual streaming services and start to, you know, aggregate them. Maybe on a site like Hulu or Netflix.

Until then, yeah...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
This "$9.99/month/channel" blatherskite is enough to send anybody screaming and crying back to cable.
DukeofNuke posted:
This "$9.99/month/channel" blatherskite is enough to send anybody screaming and crying back to cable.

Sounds like something big cable planned :suspicious:
I read the worst rumour, allegedly someone and disney say that the characters may return on the disney service... BUT

it would be with different shows and different actors

:roll:

No dammit, Disney has obscene amounts of money, they can buy the netflix shows with the same actors and writers and producers.
obvs precoupado
DukeofNuke posted:
Otomatic.
dv
ukimalefu posted:
I read the worst rumour, allegedly someone and disney say that the characters may return on the disney service... BUT

No dammit, Disney has obscene amounts of money, they can buy the netflix shows with the same actors and writers and producers.

It doesn't really work that way. Even if they wanted to, half the people working on the Netflix show have already left for new projects. If they could somehow loop in most of the same actors, it would still be... different. And morale would suck on-set so the production would probably be... off.

Kinda like how the current season of Brooklyn Nine Nine is just... weird and hollow.
juice Inadvertently correct
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

It doesn't really work that way. Even if they wanted to, half the people working on the Netflix show have already left for new projects. If they could somehow loop in most of the same actors, it would still be... different. And morale would suck on-set so the production would probably be... off.

Kinda like how the current season of Brooklyn Nine Nine is just... weird and hollow.

Although it has happened previously. Think Futurama.
juice posted:
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

yeah, it has to happen very quick (and it needs a big demand I guess)

Amazon got The Expanse after SyFy cancelled it.
dv
juice posted:
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Yeah, the stars can align if you wait long enough. But I've never seen it done with a live-action show.

If Futurama had been live action, Katey Sagal would probably have had to choose either Futurama or Sons of Anarchy. Think about it.
juice Inadvertently correct
The voice acting component is an important one, no doubt.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv posted:
juice posted:
dv posted:
ukimalefu posted:

Yeah, the stars can align if you wait long enough. But I've never seen it done with a live-action show.

If Futurama had been live action, Katey Sagal would probably have had to choose either Futurama or Sons of Anarchy. Think about it.

She was great in SOA.
user Stupid cockwomble
They have a biker named Al?
dv
user posted:

Pariah Know Your Enemy
I need to buy a sub to a good news server again...
obvs precoupado
dv posted:
user posted:

:lol:
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

adios punisher and jessica jones