here comes the first star trek: discovery spin-off

Online now: Google [Bot]
TOS
Pariah Know Your Enemy
As long as new Star trek remains imprisoned in the CBS All Access gulag I will remain uninterested.
juice Inadvertently correct
Pariah posted:
As long as new Star trek remains imprisoned in the CBS All Access gulag I will remain uninterested.

This
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Yep, not gonna' subscribe to anybody's channel or service just for the one hit show.
dv
juice posted:
Pariah posted:

This

The possible uses for an EU based VPN are +1.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
Star Trek Black Ops. :goth:

Roddenberry would be rolling over in his grave had his remains not been launched into space.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
dv posted:
juice posted:
Pariah posted:

This

I know that in the UK STD is on Netflix and labeled a Netflix original.
dv
Pariah posted:
dv posted:
juice posted:
Pariah posted:

This

I know that in the UK STD is on Netflix and labeled a Netflix original.

Yup. I binged it while I was in Austria last summer. I was too tired from all the socializing to do much else.
TOS
Pithecanthropus posted:

Roddenberry would be rolling over in his grave had his remains not been launched into space.

let’s face it, that bridge was crossed long ago
user Stupid cockwomble
He probably still wants Kirk to save JFK.
jkahless Custom Title
Pithecanthropus posted:

Sure, but older "no conflict" Roddenberry was a fool. If it were up to him all Trek would be like Season 1 TNG, about smug perfect a-holes traveling around the universe moralizing to the natives. I'd rather see humans striving to be better, than soliliquizing on how perfect they already are.
TOS
jkahless posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

Sure, but older "no conflict" Roddenberry was a fool. If it were up to him all Trek would be like Season 1 TNG, about smug perfect a-holes traveling around the universe moralizing to the natives. I'd rather see humans striving to be better, than soliliquizing on how perfect they already are.

personally one of the things i love most about the latter seasons of deepspace nine was how they grappled with this issue ... the fact that humans want to be peaceful and optimistic yet have to be prepared to fight

they were so great about showing humanity through quark's eyes, how he would scorn the federation's happy-go-lucky attitude while acknowledging the seductiveness of their worldview, but also being terrified of the violent nature that still resides in every human's heart

also worth noting is that discovery takes place in the early days of the federation, and even in the original series they often referred to this time as being violent and chaotic
user Stupid cockwomble
spock's still a kid, right?
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

here comes the first star trek: discovery spin-off