RIP Roy Clark

Online now: Google [Bot]
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I saw him on tv once play classical guitar on a 12 string. He was amazing.
I confused Roy Clark with Hoyt Axton, who died a while ago. Not familiar with Mr Clark. Now's a chance to learn about him. I see he was a noteworthy guitarist who seems didn't take himself too seriously. Nice.
juice Inadvertently correct
One of the redeeming qualities of Hee Haw.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Just last week I was looking up footage of him on Youtube.

He was a phenomenal musician, and was a master of a number of discrete techniques as far as picking go--banjo picking and fingerstyle guitar are are really quite different and he had very little difficulty doing both, plus he was a killer flatpicker.
I get together was a group of acoustic musicians once a month for a jam. Each person gets to pick a song as we go in a circle. A lot of these guys are into standards, some jazz, old country and country swing. My background is mostly blues and rock so it is quite an education. Much of the stuff Roy was playing around had a lot more in common with jazz than meets the eye (or ear). He played up a persona but was pretty damned sophisticated musician.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Séamas posted:
Just last week I was looking up footage of him on Youtube.

He was a phenomenal musician, and was a master of a number of discrete techniques as far as picking go--banjo picking and fingerstyle guitar are are really quite different and he had very little difficulty doing both, plus he was a killer flatpicker.
I get together was a group of acoustic musicians once a month for a jam. Each person gets to pick a song as we go in a circle. A lot of these guys are into standards, some jazz, old country and country swing. My background is mostly blues and rock so it is quite an education. Much of the stuff Roy was playing around had a lot more in common with jazz than meets the eye (or ear). He played up a persona but was pretty damned sophisticated musician.

This.
Orange Blossom Special wasn't the only song he knew.
Give him 3 minutes of your time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFfB2JQmTCs
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
juice posted:

That and the girls. :evil:
juice Inadvertently correct
Pithecanthropus posted:
juice posted:

That and the girls. :evil:

That was the other. ;)
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Not the jokes?
user Stupid cockwomble
Doc, it hurts when I do this.

::slap with some papers::

Well, don't DO that, then!
iDaemon infinitely loopy
There’s 14:00 YouTube and Roy is about 12:00 in

http://www.themick.com/royclarkesong.html

And yeah...HeeHaw!