What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I just started watching Manifest. Well, it's only 1 show in. The intro kinda turned me off, but for no apparent reason. It just seemed poorly written/executed, but looking back, maybe it was just me. Anyway, i stuck with it, and i'm glad i did. It's definitely worth seeing at least the second show. I really try not to base a shows worthiness on the pilot, because i usually don't like the pilots. The chemistry of the actors just isn't there yet.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, one night last week I was catching a little NCIS on one of the rerun channels. It was an A/T (after Tony) episode with Torres and Bishop.
Well, the next show to come on was "That '70's Show", and as it played the opening joke,
:eek:
A revelation!
Nick Torres is ... FEZ!
jkahless Custom Title
Lethal Weapon. I was not expecting this to be good, but it is. It's just the right amount of over the top considering the source material, the chemistry of the leads is excellent, and the scripts, while simple, are effective. It's also great to see a character who is deeply depressed, the more they dig into that, the more I like the show.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
jkahless posted:
Lethal Weapon. I was not expecting this to be good, but it is. It's just the right amount of over the top considering the source material, the chemistry of the leads is excellent, and the scripts, while simple, are effective. It's also great to see a character who is deeply depressed, the more they dig into that, the more I like the show.

there's a lethal weapon tv show?

::googles it::

and it's on season 3!?
Doctor Who is on Sunday :D
obvs Eating chickens is for the bourgeoisie
I am rewatching Torchwood, because a few nights ago I happened to have flipped through the channels, and saw an episode.

Or, at least I am rewatching up until the point that they killed off the majority of the cast and moved production to the U.S. and started to suck.
TOS
gave norsemen a try (netflix)

bizarre yet funny ... sort of like the office but with vikings
dv
Watching Bojack Horseman. This is some dark human waste.
Now I have the Mike Post theme tune stuck in my head.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
FBI
I thought it would be a reboot of the old Efrem Zimbalist Jr. show, but it's not.
Another police procedural mash up of NCIS and Criminal Minds.
Not bad, tho.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Monty Python's Flying Circus is finally on Netflix in the USA.

:2up:

Last year I planned to get the box set of DVDs for my son's 13th birthday, only to find that it was unavailable (except used). I figured they were in the process of changing distribution.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Wanna bet they don't like it?
Séamas Honorary Consul General
DukeofNuke posted:
Wanna bet they don't like it?

We saw a number of episodes when we were in Israel this summer and they were more or less confused by it. (My daughter doesn't much care for the tits. My son, well he is 13) ;)
They are well familiar with the movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail and like it very much.
Not Python, but related:
A couple years ago my wife would watch Mr. Bean (tv show) with them and my son loved it and my daughter hated it. About a month ago we watched Mr. Bean's Holiday (movie) and they had the opposite feelings. My son now gets aggravated by Bean's constant stupidity and my daughter likes the silliness.
It's funny how they change like that.
Would I Lie To You?

I Watch random episodes on youtube while I'm working. It's a Brit panel/quiz show where panelists have to guess if someone on the other team is telling a true story. The two regular opposing team captains (Lee Mack and David Mitchell) bait each other mercilessly.

Fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct40CLTCC7A

Last edited by Ribtor on Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:31 pm.

Yori Program
Yeah, we like WILTY here too :)
Kidding (eMule, Showtime) Jim Carrey is a children's entertainer going through the loss of a child and the breakup of his marriage. Great cast with Judy Greer, Catherine Keener and Frank Langella. Tara Lipinski plays herself. Occasionally good, occasionally bad. Some episodes directed by Michel Gondry. Carry is locked into his serious mode and it all seems a bit forced.
North Korea from the Inside with Michael Palin (2018). That was the title on the National Geographic Channel, so I guess that "Michael Palin in North Korea" may have been the title elsewhere.

Well, technically not a series even though it may have been packaged elsewhere into two 1-hour episodes. The National Geographic Channel will be showing it again on Nov. 11th in a 2-hour timeslot, but previously in mid-October it oddly showed it as two episodes in separated hours. Catching it that way on DVR I feared that it might have been somewhat longer than a hour per "episode" because my first hour's recording ended with Palin in mid-sentence, but when I saw the second hour I saw that the recording began with the last part of the first hour and no starting titles for that second hour, then ended at the end of the hour with proper ending titles and credits.

Palin does wonderful and insightful travelogues which you might have seen with his Full Circle with Michael Palin, the 1997 documentary in which over 10 episodes he travels around the Pacific counterclockwise starting from the "top" in Alaska (admittedly he does skip over Antarctica). In fact during "North Korea" Palin gets to remark on the fact that in that earlier series he regreted that he was NOT able to do anything in North Korea and had to skip that country, only getting as close as the Panmunjom Joint Security Area on the border between the Koreas. Back then he said that unfortunately "this"--stepping over the border inside the conference building--was the only bit he could record while in North Korea. In "North Korea" Palin gets to repeat that act though starting from the other side.

The show begins in Beijing where Palin catches the regularly scheduled train from there to Pyongyang. He noted that by far the majority of the passengers were Chinese heading to the town on the Chinese side of the border, then as the train crossed the border one could easily see the stark economic differences between each side. Spending a couple of hours in North Korean customs, the train continues to Pyongyang where Palin is met by his pair of "minders".

While catching the sights within Pyongyang during the first hour was interesting enough, what Palin then got to do was to tour parts of the country outside of the capital, something that even Dennis Rodman never got to do. I'll leave the details and surprises and insights to Palin.

Definitely worth your time to watch as are ALL of Palin's travelogues. I only happened upon this while channel-surfing.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
I bet kim jong un farts in your general direction
I gave up on Kidding.

Boring, and a bit pretentious. Can't fault the cast. I gave it a chance but because all my TV has to be downloaded via eMule I have to be selective.
jkahless Custom Title
Just caught season one of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Definitely a dark departure from the cheerfull sitcom. Rather enjoyed it. Who doesn't like evil characters they can cheer for? Some people have criticized the lead actress' acting style, but I think it suits the melodramatic mood.
jkahless posted:
Just caught season one of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. Definitely a dark departure from the cheerfull sitcom. Rather enjoyed it. Who doesn't like evil characters they can cheer for? Some people have criticized the lead actress' acting style, but I think it suits the melodramatic mood.

I heard about this. Maybe i'll check it out.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Is this still all based on those Archie comics?
jkahless posted:

And they’re being sued by one of the cofounders of the Satanic Temple. Good way to boost viewership.
jkahless Custom Title
Metacell posted:

Aye. On a recent series too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chillin ... of_Sabrina
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I watched the first episode. I't a bit too TV-MA for the boys, IMHO.
I don't know when I'll finish it but it seems appropriate for a dark and stormy night.
Barney Miller. (eMule) I like to visit the squad room every few years. No one did deadpan like Dietrich, except maybe Nick Yamana.

The Goodies (eMule) Only low quality downloads but I grew up on that human waste so it's nice to revisit. One of the shows (Kung Fu Kapers) was so funny a man actually laughed himself to death watching it. His widow thanked them for making his last moments on earth so enjoyable.
dv
jkahless posted:
Metacell posted:

Aye. On a recent series too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chillin ... of_Sabrina

Watched that too. Cartoon evil is annoying.
TOS
i started watching "the last tycoon" on amazon prime, and really liked it, but after awhile i'm afraid it became a bit tedious
Just started watching Sabrina. So far so good.
dv
Disenchanted Part 1. Actually really liked it.
dv posted:
Disenchanted Part 1. Actually really liked it.

I'm looking forward to part 2. ended on a biiiig cliffhanger
Currently watching Super Drags on Netflix. I don't know if I like it or not.

fiiiine, I guess I like it.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:17 am.

Jonathan Creek (eMule, BBC) Crime drama/comedy involving a magician's trick designer who gets called upon to solve seemingly impossible "locked-room" mysteries.

You really need to have absolutely nothing better to do to justify watching the episodes. Zero action, and even less acting, but fun to see how things get resolved.
Ribtor posted:
Jonathan Creek (eMule, BBC) Crime drama/comedy involving a magician's trick designer who gets called upon to solve seemingly impossible "locked-room" mysteries.

You really need to have absolutely nothing better to do to justify watching the episodes. Zero action, and even less acting, but fun to see how things get resolved.

Tbh it'd be more fun to do an actual locked room puzzle. We did a train heist one and was able to get the gold.

https://www.thelockedroom.ca/
jkahless Custom Title
Betonhaus posted:

Not sure if slicks or dicks.
jkahless posted:
Betonhaus posted:

Not sure if slicks or dicks.

Magic tucking so :shrug:
TOS
last night i started watching "the terror" (amc)

freaking amazing show so far (currently on episode 3)
Donkey Butter jerk face
is anyone else watching "Patriot" (APV)

it's "pretty good"
In Search of...(1977-1982) 144 episodes of Nimoy narrating his way through some of the most inane drivel about mysterious things. Loads of fun. Cheesy 70s theme tune. Classic.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23