What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], Pariah
Donkey Butter jerk face
rewatching Homeland (netflix)
Yori Program
That 70s Show (Netflix)
ukimalefu Wasn't me
Yori posted:
That 70s Show (Netflix)

*spoiler alert*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpQWjvet9o4

also, redhead Donna 4eva!
Currently working through Outlander. It's awesome in UHD
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Betonhaus (Unactivated) posted:

CLAIMED!
obvs Eating chickens is for the bourgeoisie
Betonhaus posted:
Yes, Outlander is awesome. I love that show so much.

I have dreams about being in that show.
TOS
just started mindhunter

quite liking it i must say
justine Elitist Beer Lover
TOS posted:
just started mindhunter

quite liking it i must say

I keep forgetting about this one! My daughter loved it, and was really bummed when she was done.
I can’t wait for season two, after the awesome season finale.
obvs posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Yes, Outlander is awesome. I love that show so much.

I have dreams about being in that show.

Ikr? It's just like the Highlander books I used to read. I'm surprised that Karen Marie Moning wasn't involved with it, as it's right up her alley
ukimalefu Wasn't me
Finished watching Killing Eve, it was great, and wikipedia confirms there will be a second season :up:
TOS
started season 2 of westworld but gave up

totally lacks the originality and cleverness of the first season
I'm currently watching GLOW on Netflix. I don't know where it lies in relation to the stupid-funny threshold.
I finished Insatiable, and now i'm having withdrawals.
dv
Finally watched the rest of Lost In Space. Nice.
dv posted:

How did you find it? I found the doctor to be a horrible horrible woman who has too many horseshoes shoved up her ass.
dv
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:

How did you find it? I found the doctor to be a horrible horrible woman who has too many horseshoes shoved up her ass.

Dr. Smith? Yeah, she's the bad guy. That's kind of the whole point.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:

What...worse than this guy?
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:

Except she's horribly written and serves to amplify the flaws in the storytelling.
dv
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:
Betonhaus posted:
dv posted:

Except she's horribly written and serves to amplify the flaws in the storytelling.

I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

The character is a sociopath who is herself only a mediocre liar and a bad actor.
Rewatching the final 2 episodes of Season 3 Mr. Robot in anticipation of Season 4 (the Series Finale).
dv posted:

I loved it, but think it's ridiculous to have to wait for the end of 2019 for season 2. As for Dr Smith, that role was written for Parker Posey!

and technically, you can't compare her to the other dr smith, since she isn't really dr smith in the new version. She just stole his identity
Séamas Honorary Consul General
justine posted:
dv posted:

I loved it, but think it's ridiculous to have to wait for the end of 2019 for season 2. As for Dr Smith, that role was written for Parker Posey!

and technically, you can't compare her to the other dr smith, since she isn't really dr smith in the new version. She just stole his identity

I love that they cast Bill Mumy as the real Dr. Smith
The Ascent Of Man (1973) A quite famous 13 part BBC documentary series by Jacob Bronowski. A series I re-visit every few years. The producers went on to make Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" in '80.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Betonhaus posted:
I'm currently watching GLOW on Netflix. I don't know where it lies in relation to the stupid-funny threshold.

I loved GLOW, and if you are looking for another stupid funny show, watch The Last Man on Earth. (though don't expect any more episodes than was are currently out there since they cancelled the show :cry: )
Donkey Butter posted:
Betonhaus posted:

I loved GLOW, and if you are looking for another stupid funny show, watch The Last Man on Earth. (though don't expect any more episodes than was are currently out there since they cancelled the show :cry: )

GLOW has been pretty awesome so far. I like the development of the director, and it has some pretty funny scenes. Last episode I saw was when Liberty Bell deliberately broke Zara's leg so I think it might be leading to Liberty's breakdown.
TOS
just finished jack ryan

quite impressed ... much more than your average spy thriller; they actually gave a human waste about the characters

even the family of the lead terrorist was a surprisingly sympathetic character
Betonhaus posted:
Donkey Butter posted:
Betonhaus posted:

GLOW has been pretty awesome so far. I like the development of the director, and it has some pretty funny scenes. Last episode I saw was when Liberty Bell deliberately broke Zara's leg so I think it might be leading to Liberty's breakdown.

The last two episodes were downright epic. It's sad that there won't be a third season, But really it was pretty obvious where the loose strings would end up.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I have been watching "The Good Place". It is weird and after watching 2 seasons I still can't say if it sucks or not.
Pariah posted:
I have been watching "The Good Place". It is weird and after watching 2 seasons I still can't say if it sucks or not.

The first season is definitely epic. I love how once you know the twist you can rewatch it and start noticing plot holes that actually foreshadowed. The second season didn't really have the same twist but Janice was amazing.
jkahless Custom Title
TOS posted:
just finished jack ryan

quite impressed ... much more than your average spy thriller; they actually gave a human waste about the characters

That's surprising! I'm just rereading Red October, almost all the Americans are paragons of virtue, and almost all the Russians are either degenerates or puppets.
dv
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:
just finished jack ryan

That's surprising! I'm just rereading Red October, almost all the Americans are paragons of virtue, and almost all the Russians are either degenerates or puppets.

Yeah. That's Clancy for you.
I am so loving Ozark!
Betonhaus posted:
Pariah posted:

The first season is definitely epic. I love how once you know the twist you can rewatch it and start noticing plot holes that actually foreshadowed. The second season didn't really have the same twist but Janice was amazing.

We watch that show as a family. I like the fact that they remain fairly comical, but touch on various deep philosophical ideas of what makes one good or bad, etc. It's not easy to pull off without either sounding preachy or like they are bashing religion.
I think Kristin Bell is excellent as are most of the cast.
TOS posted:
just finished jack ryan

I have a nephew with that name. He must get a ton of jokes at school.
Séamas posted:
Betonhaus posted:
Pariah posted:

We watch that show as a family. I like the fact that they remain fairly comical, but touch on various deep philosophical ideas of what makes one good or bad, etc. It's not easy to pull off without either sounding preachy or like they are bashing religion.
I think Kristin Bell is excellent as are most of the cast.

I agree. But the premise has a short life and I hope they have the good sense to let the story and the series end.
TOS
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:
just finished jack ryan

yeah as a writer tom clancy really sucked, but they've basically abandoned 99% of canon (if there even is a clancyverse)
user Stupid cockwomble
dv posted:
jkahless posted:
TOS posted:
just finished jack ryan

Yeah. That's Clancy for you.

started on "Patriot Games" - amused by Ryan lecturing the Queen on American-Irish relations - yeah, I don't think it'll be so readable now that I'm more worldly

just saw part of a Chinese movie - seemed weird to see the army so competent - then I realized it was just applying the same standards that I'm used to seeing applied to the US army
TOS
just started watching hannibal on netflix

such a great series

though as always amused by the portrayal of empathy as some kind of weird-ass supernatural power
Rough Science (eMule, BBC (maybe?)) A group of scientists from different fields are presented with challenges at remote locations. Quite entertaining. A show to get young teens interested in the sciences. Six series of six episodes each, but only 22 minutes long which is a bit skimpy I think.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23