What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
The Toys that made us

Quote:
documentary series, focuses on the history of important toy lines. The first four episodes focus on the Star Wars, He-Man, Barbie and G.I. Joe toy lines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Toys_That_Made_Us
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
The Americans — A documentary series about the activities of Soviet KGB agents living in the United States during the 1980s.
Man Down (Dave, eMule) four, six episode series about a crazy man-child in his forties and his crazy friends. Not much to distinguish it except a fast pace and a talented cast. Rik Mayall plays his dad in the first series (The Young Ones, some Blackadder episodes). The class of school kids are funny scenes. He says "fiddlesticks" a lot in front of them.
Yori Program
The Thick of It (Netflix)
Yori posted:

Mr Capaldi's rants are transcendent.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yori Program
That was the hardest thing about him being the Doctor. I kept expecting Tuckerisms from him. :lol:
I want to see Peter Capaldi playing Malcolm Tucker, playing the Doctor,
TOS
Ribtor posted:
Yori posted:

Mr Capaldi's rants are transcendent.

"lubricated horse rooster"

also the movie they made about the iraq war, with james gandolfini in his final role, is excellent (and depresssssssing)
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I just started Insatiable on Netflix. :up:
obvs Social Distancing Grandmaster
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Yeah, I've seen it before, but I don't care. I still love this.
obvs posted:
Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

Yeah, I've seen it before, but I don't care. I still love this.

"You and he were buddies...weren't you?"

Check out "Man To Man With Dean Lerner" Another Richard Ayoade and Mathew Holness show.
TOS
just re-watched true detective (season 1)

so damn good

the trailer for season 3 gives me hope: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpUznQds8p4
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I really enjoyed Sharp Objects.
The music, and the way it's presented, is ... what's another word for "Freakin' Awesome".
Great story, too. I don't know if it is suitable for binging. I felt like it was more fun to mull-over the episodes one at a time. YMMV, of course.
Sharp Objects was ok. After all the pacing, the way the finale episode played out felt too rushed.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Robert B. posted:
Sharp Objects was ok. After all the pacing, the way the finale episode played out felt too rushed.

I have a question for you re Sharp Objects.
Where TF are Alan's speakers?
The dude's got a stereo system that cost more than my house, and we see him in that room playing records every episode, and we see the room from multiple angles and points of view; but, we never see the speakers.
WTF. Where are they?

http://www.vulture.com/article/sharp-ob ... ystem.html

Found this:
https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/con ... 4-platinum

Now that I know what to look for, I'll re-watch a couple of scenes, ...
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Disenchantment

So far I like it. I see a lot of people rate it unfavorably in comparison to Futurama, which is fair, but it is still definitely watchable.

I have to say, when Futurama first came out I wasn't all that crazy about it, I was more fond of the Simpsons, and just didn't tune in much to Futurama at all.

Now having revisited Fururama, I prefer it over the Simpsons and wish Netflix would bring it back.
Séamas posted:
Disenchantment

So far I like it. I see a lot of people rate it unfavorably in comparison to Futurama, which is fair, but it is still definitely watchable.

I have to say, when Futurama first came out I wasn't all that crazy about it, I was more fond of the Simpsons, and just didn't tune in much to Futurama at all.

Now having revisited Fururama, I prefer it over the Simpsons and wish Netflix would bring it back.

Disenchantment is fun. I like Matt Greening, Rich Fulcher Abbi Jacobson and Matt Berry so I am pleased that they are doing something together. If there's only one season then that's fine. I think shows benefit from limited runs.
user Stupid cockwomble
nice of them to put the viewer's emtion in the title :P

I don't have netflix and will wait
Wait for what?
user Stupid cockwomble
to see it some other way
I'm not sure that Netflix releases their content on other platforms.
user Stupid cockwomble
Yori Program
Got the complete DVD box set of Buffy the Vampire Slayer yesterday so that's us sorted for a while...
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Ribtor posted:
Séamas posted:
Disenchantment

Disenchantment is fun. I like Matt Greening, Rich Fulcher Abbi Jacobson and Matt Berry so I am pleased that they are doing something together. If there's only one season then that's fine. I think shows benefit from limited runs.

I am personally loving Disenchanted, possibly more than The Simpsons or Futurama, mainly because I can see the potential in it of not merely spoofing modern society and pop culture (RPGs and fantasy literature) but basically every culture which has ever existed, all of which are rife for lampooning.
user posted:
to see it some other way

I get it via eMule.
DukeofNuke posted:
Robert B. posted:

I have a question for you re Sharp Objects.
Where TF are Alan's speakers?
The dude's got a stereo system that cost more than my house, and we see him in that room playing records every episode, and we see the room from multiple angles and points of view; but, we never see the speakers.
WTF. Where are they?

https://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vult ... 0.h467.jpg

http://www.vulture.com/article/sharp-ob ... ystem.html

Found this:
https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/con ... 4-platinum

Now that I know what to look for, I'll re-watch a couple of scenes, ...

Hah, I did kind of notice that, but it didn't register as anything meaningful for me.

Moreso annoying for me was the lack of any development that moved the story along. Just the constant depiction of small town, weird people. All the characters were of various degrees of creepy, so you could only wonder if they had done the crime or were they complicit, but for seven episodes the story failed to take that in any direction.

I'd read the book, but I'm getting kind of busy with my classes. Maybe in December.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I wasn't so critical. I was just gettin' off on Amy Adams drivin' around town with vodka in her Evian bottle.
juice Inadvertently correct
I heart Amy Adams.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke posted:
I wasn't so critical. I was just gettin' off on Amy Adams drivin' around town with vodka in her Evian bottle.

... Listen' to Led Zeppelin ...
juice Inadvertently correct
DukeofNuke posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

... Listen' to Led Zeppelin ...

Yet another reason to heart Amy Adams.

(I know; its a character. I ask for so little; let me have this.)
user Stupid cockwomble
Stolie, dahling!
Follow This on Netflix.

Very interesting news show covering a really wide variety of topics.
All or Nothing: Manchester City

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
obvs posted:
Follow This on Netflix.

Very interesting news show covering a really wide variety of topics.

Is the link the title? When I click on it it takes me to my Netflix log-in.
The link is a deep link, and you will need to be logged in to Netflix to view the content.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
obvs posted:
The link is a deep link, and you will need to be logged in to Netflix to view the content.

IS "Follow This" the name of the show?
If not, what is the name of the show, please.
Yes, "Follow This" is the name of the show.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I liked the latest season of Inside Amy Schumer. It's more of the same but each episode is short and it's still fresh enough. I don't know if they have another season in them, though. A nice little break plus she (and her show's writers) have something to say.

Season three's "Saying Fine To A Shirt" is still hard to top though.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 37