What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 36
Online now: No visible users
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Saw the first two episodes of the new Lost In Space. Looks good.

One think I didn't like *SPOILER ALERT*

I'm not a fan of product placement, but in the future, you will be able to eat oreos in another planet and they show them to the screen and call them by name.

Last edited by ukimalefu on Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:53 am.

justine Elitist Beer Lover
I, too, have seen the first 2 episodes of LIS and i really like it!
Miranda (BBC / eMule) Very unpretentious cheerful traditional brit-com. A small child would get the jokes but it all works. I wanted to see this show because the satirical mocumentary "Morgana Robinson's The Agency" kept referring to it.

Highly recommend both shows when cheering up is needed.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Jean-Claude Van-Johnson (Amazon Prime) super cheesy, but 2 episodes in and I'm still entertained.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:
Saw the first two episodes of the new Lost In Space. Looks good.

One think I didn't like *SPOILER ALERT*

I'm not a fan of product placement, but in the future, you will be able to eat oreos in another planet and they show them to the screen and call them by name.

Calling Oreos by name is pretty common in my experience.
So a few weeks ago I stumbled upon the show Dark Matter and just finished watching all the seasons & a giant FU to SyFy for how they treated cast and fans of such an amazing show. I really hope they look into crowdfunding so they can do a mini series wrap up and FU SyFy :brow:
Vinyl (eMule / HBO) Got mixed reviews but I like it. Seen alongside 'The Get Down' it's a fun bit of time travel into the music produced in the 70s and the changes it underwent. The major dramatic element centres on sleaze. The cast is great. Ray Romano playing a grownup is an extra treat; he's quite good.
Success of "Star Trek: Discovery" could result in as many 5 new series.

Of course "early development" here could just mean simply "Hey! I've got an idea..." though by someone with some potential of production.

Personally I haven't watched any of "Discovery" except for the free pilot episode.
Doing the yearly Babylon 5 binge watch!
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
Success of "Star Trek: Discovery" could result in as many 5 new series.

Of course "early development" here could just mean simply "Hey! I've got an idea..." though by someone with some potential of production.

Personally I haven't watched any of "Discovery" except for the free pilot episode.

there's even been talk of hiring patrick stewart to play jean-luc picard

i seriously doubt it, though, the poor guy is pushing 80 after all

however i do think it would be great to have a series that's set ~30 years after the 90s series, with lots of the same actors reprising their roles from tng, ds9 and voyager
user Stupid cockwomble
jkahless Custom Title
Why? Do you want him to suffer more?
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
TOS posted:
however i do think it would be great to have a series that's set ~30 years after the 90s series, with lots of the same actors reprising their roles from tng, ds9 and voyager

That's what I've been waiting for them to make for the last 30 years! fiddlesticks the prequels and remakes.
dv
jkahless posted:

No. There's no way he reenlisted after the Dominion War anyway.

I want to watch a version of "New Yankee Workshop" hosted by a retired, grizzled Chief O'Brien. They could even put product placement in there.

"Today we're going to be making a child's rocking horse, because fiddlesticks. Holodecks. Oh my god you people have no idea. Use your goddamn imaginations. Always use proper safety equipment. As is custom, my android will be using the table saw while I drink today's whisky of the week, a 2367 Glenlivet. Glenlivet; the Definitive Whisky. fiddlesticks. Holodecks."

I'd watch that. Maybe I'm weird.
juice Inadvertently correct
dv
juice posted:
"maybe"?

Definitively.
jkahless Custom Title
dv posted:
jkahless posted:

No. There's no way he reenlisted after the Dominion War anyway.

I want to watch a version of "New Yankee Workshop" hosted by a retired, grizzled Chief O'Brien. They could even put product placement in there.

That’s be fantastic. But you just know they’d manage to fit a torture O’Brien episode in once a season anyways. Especially in a show with table saws.
Yori Program
jkahless Custom Title
Luke Cage season two. Good show, great music, but the dialogue is a little clunkier than I recall in season 1.
TOS
just finished the latest season of bosch

love that show ... this season was more emotional than i expected
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I just got finished binging on The Expanse these last three rainy days.

That was some fine SciFi. Some of the best I have seen.
Pariah posted:

I tried watching The Expanse. I thought that some of the depictions of working/fighting in space without gravity were brilliant, but I kept on wanting them to pick up the pace for the main story. I had seen good reviews for it but nearly all of those were by people who had read the book version of The Expanse before watching the SciFi series. I have not.
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

I tried watching The Expanse. I thought that some of the depictions of working/fighting in space without gravity were brilliant, but I kept on wanting them to pick up the pace for the main story. I had seen good reviews for it but nearly all of those were by people who had read the book version of The Expanse before watching the SciFi series. I have not.

It seems slow until you binge watch. I like it.
user Stupid cockwomble
I hope it hits Hulu but SyFy tends to be skanky about that sort of progress.
jkahless Custom Title
jkahless posted:
Luke Cage season two. Good show, great music, but the dialogue is a little clunkier than I recall in season 1.

Further in, I retract that comment about dialogue, didn't notice anything past the first episode. I'm really into it, better than the first season so far. And hot Damn, Gary Clark Jr!
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Glow season 2 it out now.

Also watching The Americans.
macnuke Afar
Ken Burns series on Vietnam war.
interesting as hell
avkills posted:
DEyncourt posted:
Pariah posted:

It seems slow until you binge watch. I like it.

<sigh> AT&T (my cable service) doesn't understand binge-watching.

I looked up "The Expanse". While AT&T offers these back episodes for free, the only available episodes were (I think) episode 8 from the first season and episodes 8-12 of the second season. So I guess the only way will be to somehow kludge together all of the past episodes on my DVR directly from SyFy.
In any case: too much trouble for me to bother. :shrug:
jkahless Custom Title
Iron Fist. Better than the reviews suggested. Sometimes when I read them I got the feeling they were looking reasons to dislike the show, it was odd.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
jkahless posted:
Iron Fist. Better than the reviews suggested. Sometimes when I read them I got the feeling they were looking reasons to dislike the show, it was odd.

I loved it except for the goofy pretty-boy hipster bad-guy whom I just couldn't buy as a powerful cult of personality. But I just ignored that and enjoyed the rest.
jkahless Custom Title
Metacell posted:
jkahless posted:

I loved it except for the goofy pretty-boy hipster bad-guy whom I just couldn't buy as a powerful cult of personality. But I just ignored that and enjoyed the rest.

Jessica Henwick is just fabulous.
jkahless Custom Title
Started on Daredevil. I suddenly like Claire a lot less knowing she's a willing accessory to turture especially with the amount she moralizes to people she barely knows. I hope they make her character deal with that later in the series.
jkahless Custom Title
jkahless posted:
Started on Daredevil. I suddenly like Claire a lot less knowing she's a willing accessory to turture especially with the amount she moralizes to people she barely knows. I hope they make her character deal with that later in the series.

Finished season one. Impeccably plotted and shot, I still didn't like it as much as Luke Cage or Iron Fist because I hate hypocrites. You can't throw a man off a roof, drop a fire extinguisher from three storied up on a man's head, and light a man on fire and claim to have a no killing policy unless you're McCauley Calkin. It ruins the entire "I'm so worried I might kill" moral dilemma that's supposed to be this huge emotional rollercoaster, buts it's just blatherskite. He's managed to rationalize attempted killing and actual killing as not counting and it's completely ignored by the show. So technically a wonder to watch, but emotionally flat and wooden because Daredevil is a poorly written character.
Sick Note (Sky one, eMule) Rupert Grint (Harry Potter films) and Nick Frost (Simon Pegg's usual overweight sidekick) and Don Johnson (Miami Vice) star in a story about a guy and his doctor who have to cover up a misdiagnosed terminal cancer scare. Occasionally funny. Fancy camera angles substitute for genuine wit. Johnson can be a bit painful to watch. Lindsey Lohan makes an appearance. Only six episodes in series one.
dv
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Sharp Objects (HBO)
A dark, psychological melodrama. Quite engaging.
Did I say "Dark"? THere's a PSA at the end of each episode offering an "800" number for help to those suffering from " ... substance abuse and self harm ... "

:worriedfrown:
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
dv posted:

When does The Orville come back on? Season 2?
DukeofNuke posted:
dv posted:
[snip of The Orville pic]

According to IMDB.com, expect the first two episodes on December 30th (yeah, I know: I WANT IT NOW).
dv
DEyncourt posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
dv posted:
[snip of The Orville pic]

According to IMDB.com, expect the first two episodes on December 30th (yeah, I know: I WANT IT NOW).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... FDcoX7s6rE
user Stupid cockwomble
fiddlesticks, just found out The Inhumans was cancelled.

Was I the only person who liked it? Really wanted to see more of the Mini-sized dog.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 36