What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Online now: Google [Bot], Jonesy, maurvir, Pariah, Warin
Feel Good (eMule, CH4, Netflix) Brilliantly done, simple effective story-telling in six episodes. I'm a fan of Mae Martin from her writing and occasional performances on the Baroness Von Sketch Show. Mae Martin, Charlotte Ritchie, Lisa Kudrow. Well worth the binge.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Happy! season 2 now on Netflix.

I'm so happy.
Yori Program
A friend set us up on her Disney+ account, so...

The Mandalorian. :D
Back to Westworld... Serac can't possibly be Rehoboam, could he? We've only seen him through AR glasses with Charlotte 2.0 and potentially another simulation with Maeve.
Westworld isn't so much Westworld anymore as it is an extended big budget episode of Black Mirror. Not disliking it.
Ribtor posted:
Westworld isn't so much Westworld anymore as it is an extended big budget episode of Black Mirror. Not disliking it.

I get the feeling that they are leading back to "things aren't as they appear" like they did in season 1, but in space and not time. I doubt Sarec would have the ability to perfectly replicate Maeve's body so she has to still be in a virtual world when she tried to kill him, and him not hopping out of it and seeming physically present seems like he exists in that virtual environment too, with that Maeve kill switch being a red herring. I'm on the fence on if Dolores is going to be played out as truly evil, because Sarec has that role now and she might be sympathizing with her veteran. I don't know who's in the Charlotte body, but that video seems to have made something click so she's integrating with the Charlotte personality, I think her loyalties may become divided.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Ozark Season 3
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
justine posted:
Ok, if you wanna watch crazy people, watch Tiger King.

Here's an interesting news report. Not about the show, but about the things the show's about: The big cat and exotic animal trade in the US and Joe Exotic in particular.
https://longreads.com/2020/03/16/tiger- ... ket-newtab
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
The English Game. A period drama series about English football in the late 1880s as it went from being played as a "gentleman's game" to the everyman. Complete with the requisite English snobbery and classism. Really enjoying it. You don't even have to like soccer.

Last edited by Robert B. on Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:17 pm.

DukeofNuke posted:
justine posted:
Ok, if you wanna watch crazy people, watch Tiger King.

Here's an interesting news report. Not about the show, but about the things the show's about: The big cat and exotic animal trade in the US and Joe Exotic in particular.
https://longreads.com/2020/03/16/tiger- ... ket-newtab

This show actually talked about (accusations)all the evil things, and i doubt i'd ever support a privately owned sanctuary now. BTW, not sure i want to read the article just because of what might be in there.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
It's not bad. I haven't watched the show yet. It must be pretty shocking.
ukimalefu Canadized
Dave Chappelle Sticks and Stones

:up:
DukeofNuke posted:
It's not bad. I haven't watched the show yet. It must be pretty shocking.

I won't support any sanctuary like this. Not that i have, but man, none of the people are portrayed well.
Space Force, starring Steve Carroll, is coming to Netflix end of May

Well I liked Avenue 5 and this is The Office in Space maybe...
Séamas Honorary Consul General
Unorthodox

4-part Netflix show about a young hassidic wife leaving her Williamburg religious community.
It is decent, gives honest criticism of some of the horribleness of that cult.
She leaves the country to settle in Berlin.
I don't really care much for the crowd of Euro-hipsters she hooks up with, they seem pretty much assembled only for the purpose of being completely and carefully diverse.
Back To Life (BBC, Showtime, eMule) Woman returns to living with her parents in a small town after serving 18 years for killing. Recommended.
New shows: Indebted and Broke
TOS
true detective, season 3

so far it's way better than season 2, though nothing matches the glory that was season 1
Ozark, season 3
Robert B. posted:
Ozark, season 3

I watched the first episode, but am surprisingly as not into this season as i was the first 2.
TOS
somebody told me the new season of bosch was premiering tonight, but it turned out to be a goddam lie
dv
Started on The Expanse.
TOS
dv posted:
Started on The Expanse.

nice! love that show, especially the first couple of seasons

Frankie Adams is hot in The Expanse.

For a long time, I thought she and Tessa Thompson —also hot— were the same actress. Imagine my joy when I found out there were two of them!

Last edited by Robert B. on Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:39 am.

Killing Eve (BBC America, eMule) Series three has started. Looks promising.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Ribtor posted:

I found an eMule client for Linux, a surprisingly polished one at that.

Criminy, and I thought usenet clients were complicated, sheesh.
Westworld was an engrossing watch again. I don't get the point of the genre drug but it sure was interesting to see.

All this time I assumed Sarek's predictions were good enough to identify the replacement hosts but it doesn't seem like it.
TOS
Pariah posted:
Ribtor posted:

I found an eMule client for Linux, a surprisingly polished one at that.

Criminy, and I thought usenet clients were complicated, sheesh.

vanille does not approve

Pariah Know Your Enemy
I just started watching "Zoo" (Netflix).
Pretty good after 3eps. It is surprisingly gory for a show that otherwise feels like a network TV show.
TOS
just started ray donovan
Watched season 1 of Westworld yesterday. I like it so far.
TOS
do yourself a favour and stop there
Tales from the Loop on Amazon. I am three episodes in. Unlike most new releases, I am not straight binging it, but rationing them out one every few days. it is pretty wonderful so far.
TOS posted:

Why? Season 2 and 3 are cut from the same cloth and are equally epic.
Tales from the Loop.
Rewatching Boardwalk Empire.
Yori Program
Currently re-bingeing House on Prime
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
House is sooo realistic!
Betonhaus posted:
TOS posted:

Why? Season 2 and 3 are cut from the same cloth and are equally epic.

I liked Season 2 also. Will have to wait for Season 3 to show up on iTunes or Amazon.

It is kind of a mind fiddlesticks how they traverse the time table though.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I recently subscribed to my local PBS service/app.
Basically works as a donation (which I always intend to do). Not a bad deal. Cheaper than Netflix with a ton of content.

Currently watching Downton Abbey
I never watched much of it at all when it was on, but remember the considerable buzz about it.
It's pretty soapy, but better written and acted, with excellent setting scenery and costume. (My wife is currently binge watching all the Netflix shows featuring Hassidic jews, and periodically takes a look at what I am watching and always drools over the dresses--even the ones the staff wear on off hours. Quite nicer than what the Hassid ladies are wearing.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Started Outlander. I didn't know it was on Netflix until my son recommended it.
My wife seems to like these period dramas.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35