What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
Online now: Google [Bot], mmaverick
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Robert B. posted:
Watching The Outsider on HBO. Pretty gripping.

This was just recommended to me. Gonna have to make time for it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I'm sooo far behind on my HBO list :(
but I did finish Lost In Space S2 last Sunday.
DukeofNuke posted:
I'm sooo far behind on my HBO list :(
but I did finish Lost In Space S2 last Sunday.

I'm about halfway thru. I finished Mom, though.
Avenue 5 (HBO).

Or rather NOT watching.

I got about halfway through the premiere episode this past Sunday before giving up on it. In part I was prompted to watch because of Josh Gad's interview on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Thursday (I think) last week. I do like Gad and I thought his explanation of his in-show hair to Colbert was pretty funny.

Gad said that the idea was that in this future a billionaire might go to his hair stylist and demand "a Richard Branson".

Mind you: I have pretty much given up on watching ANY sitcoms because it has been decades since I last saw anything that I consider tolerable, much less funny, so YMMV.

The basic premise of the show is that something causes the interplanetary liner "Avenue 5" to go off-course, causing various mayhem aboard and--as Gad put it--does a "Gilligan Island" where the "three-hour tour" turns into something much longer (probably relying on special relativity as an "explanation").
The Mandalorian (Disney+, eMule) Six episodes in so far. Entertaining tale of space villainy. I like that little to no knowledge of the larger Star Wars narratives is not required.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO, eMule) More of Larry David's cringe inducing shenanigans. His agent gets mistaken for Weinstein, Larry wears a MAGA hat to avoid people, Larry sleeps with his ex, he gets accused of sexual assault, he may have injured a foetus...the usual.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Watched the first episode of Witcher (Netflix).
While I, a fan of Tolkien, Martin and Simmons sat there kind of :roll: , the wife says at the end, “You’re destroying me. I’m starting to like this kind of stuff!”
I LOL’d and replied, “Be careful. Star Trek will be next!”
juice Inadvertently correct
one of us... one of us...
TOS
fiddlesticks.
dv
Ok, I watched the Witcher. It was okay; I'm just feeling like the whole "Dark Fantasy Death Worshipping Suicide Cult" is sort of... done. That's not how bad guys work IRL.
All i know about it is that woman seem to like Cavil.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Picard

...Dayyyumn!
Yori Program
Metacell posted:
Picard

...Dayyyumn!

Just watched the first episode on Prime. Really looking forward to the next one. :)
TOS
Yori posted:
Metacell posted:
Picard

...Dayyyumn!

Just watched the first episode on Prime. Really looking forward to the next one. :)

that's a relief, i've been seeing so much hatred for it online ... like star wars level hatred
TOS posted:
Yori posted:
Metacell posted:
Picard

...Dayyyumn!

that's a relief, i've been seeing so much hatred for it online ... like star wars level hatred

Consider yourself lucky you're not on the Doctor Who boards, where for the past 10 years they've claimed the show is on the point of cancellation, but now that the Doctor has has a regenerational reassignment and travels with an old white bloke with an adopted black son and a Muslim Pakistani girl, the right wingers are just going spare week-after-week.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Saw the first episode of Picard

:up: :up: :up:
dv
Watched Lost In Space Season 2. It was good... now I'm afraid they won't renew it.

Also, the musical scoring at the end of the last episode wasted a great opportunity to quote "O Fortuna." (although I only listened to it twice and might have missed it if they did.)
Betonhaus posted:
The Good Place Season 4. well they are getting through the story, not much further they can possibly snowball so i can't see another season in the works.

I'm just about to start season 4 too, does it hold up compared to the other seasons?
KStew posted:
Betonhaus posted:
The Good Place Season 4. well they are getting through the story, not much further they can possibly snowball so i can't see another season in the works.

I'm just about to start season 4 too, does it hold up compared to the other seasons?

It does. Especially once they introduce Disco Janet. And the episode where a demon comes and tries to convince them Michael is lying is good too and has an unexpected twist.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
The latest episode of Doctor Who

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

You seriously may want to avoid reading this spoiler

Captain Jack Harkness is back!

(never mind the previous statement, read the spoiler, read it!) :evil:

And more, so much more :D

oh

my

god

!

IMO, the best episode yet this season

:D
I liked the retro TARDIS.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
The war of the worlds (2019)

British series, set in the early 20th century. They take some creative liberties, but in a good way. I've only seen 2 episodes, an hour and a half each, and I really like it.
ukimalefu posted:
The war of the worlds (2019)

British series, set in the early 20th century. They take some creative liberties, but in a good way. I've only seen 2 episodes, an hour and a half each, and I really like it.

Wow...two War of the Worlds series were produced in 2019. The other one takes place in modern-day Europe and is supposed to be released on Epix this month in the US.
TOS
dv posted:
Watched Lost In Space Season 2. It was good... now I'm afraid they won't renew it.

Also, the musical scoring at the end of the last episode wasted a great opportunity to quote "O Fortuna." (although I only listened to it twice and might have missed it if they did.)

see, i didn't like season 2

i never watched the original, but i kind of hoped for old-skool episodic sci-fi adventures, not this constant-running-and-screaming tale of one-disaster-after-another

it gets pretty boring
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
dv posted:

i never watched the original, but i kind of hoped for old-skool episodic sci-fi adventures, not this constant-running-and-screaming tale of one-disaster-after-another

it gets pretty boring

Which Robinson is facing death this episode ?! Yeah, I think it's target audience is 10 year old boys, but I can't get my two to look up from their phones long enough to watch it.
I'm having a really hard time finishing LIP season 2. There's always something better on.
TOS posted:
dv posted:

it gets pretty boring

suuper boring. When every episode ends on a cliffhanger and the previous cliffhangers do not always get resolved it makes for not fun watching. It's the heroin of TV shows
Might be adding Murdered By Morning and The Murder Tapes to my list. And the new I Am A Killer.
Outsider is really good.
Dublin Murders is good too.
Just started watching American Horror Story a couple weeks ago. First, second, and third seasons have been alright, but the fourth is losing me. It feels like Glee on a bad acid trip, no bueno.
StaticAge posted:
Outsider is really good.
Dublin Murders is good too.
Just started watching American Horror Story a couple weeks ago. First, second, and third seasons have been alright, but the fourth is losing me. It feels like Glee on a bad acid trip, no bueno.

Freakshow? I didn't like it at first but it became one of my favorites. I also like the next one, Hotel, but it lost me after that.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Criminal United Kingdom

3 unrelated episodes, all about the interrogation of a crime suspect. Except for a few bits, the whole episode happens in the interrogation room. I only watched it because David Tennant and Hayley Atwell were in it (they're in one episode each, third episode is another actor). One of Hayley Atwell's best performances ever, at first I wasn't even sure it was her.

Worth watching, I really liked it.
Vulture 420
I'm in the middle of Better Call Saul season 4 so I can start getting into the new season. That show is so damn good.
TOS
the harley quinn animated show (with kaley cuoco) ... it's so damn foul-mouthededly hilarious
macnuke Afar
NetFlix Marco Polo
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
the harley quinn animated show (with kaley cuoco) ... it's so damn foul-mouthededly hilarious

source?
ukimalefu dysfunctional
His Dark Materials

I want to say this has elements of Narnia and Harry Potter, but it is its own thing... I've only seen the first 2 episodes and I think it's really good.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The West Wing
How quaint, these notions of honor, and duty and ... intelligence ... in the White House.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Vulture posted:
I'm in the middle of Better Call Saul season 4 so I can start getting into the new season. That show is so damn good.

I just finished season 4. It’s really good and picks up the pace.
ukimalefu posted:
His Dark Materials

I want to say this has elements of Narnia and Harry Potter, but it is its own thing... I've only seen the first 2 episodes and I think it's really good.

It's much more faithful to Pullman's novel "The Golden Compass" than the 2007 movie under that name. I suspect that in that version the writers were revising the story to make Mrs. Coulter (Nicole Kidman there) to become some sort of turncoat heroine. I much prefer Ruth Wilson's version: a ruthless evangelical ALMOST completely unswayed by anything else.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33