What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37
Online now: No visible users
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Supergirl was picked up for a second season by CW, after CBS dropped it.

Which kinda sucks, 'cause I watched it on the "Primetime Anytime" DVR feature, and if I want to continue I'll have to fine it and set a timer.
Also, I may be cutting the cord soon, too, and going 100% online tv; so it might be hard to find.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Oh ok. I didn't realize there was already 3. Thanks!
StaticAge posted:
ukimalefu posted:
justine posted:
I wan't to start watching The 100. The first 2 seasons are on Netflix and it's been renewed for a third season. Can't remember what channel it's on. I don't recall it being a Netflix original.

The CW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_100_(TV_series)

It starts slow, but it gets better. I like it.

The third season is currently airing but I think it's tanking. There's going to be a fourth season though.

First two seasons were amazing. This season... has been the wrong kind of drama I think. Kind of the BSG story, eh? Start off amazing, but then... eeeeeeh...
TOS
so apparently netflix is going to produce a "blade" series
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I'll watch it. They should do Spawn while they're at it.
Netflix would probably rock a Spawn series. Daredevil was surprisedly good.
dv
Just finished Jessica Jones S1 and Daredevil S2. So I'm now all caught up with the Netflix stuff.

That's some good comic book TV.
Yori Program
user Stupid cockwomble
Dick Cavett Show on Hulu, amazingly hip.

First episode, Jefferson Airplane, Joni Mitchell, Steven Stills and David Crosby - the day after Woodstock. Stills had 'stock mud on his jeans.
I have to add Huangs World to the list.
No one talking about Stranger Things on here? Fun show on Netflix.
WKRP...and now I have the Ferryman Funeral Home jingle stuck in my head.
juice Inadvertently correct
Putting the FUN back in funeral!
Stranger Things on Netflix.
'Death In Paradise'. Pure formula in the 'Brit-on-Brit violence' murder mystery style, but set in the Caribbean. I like Ben Miller but I'm not sure this is a series worth the time. Anyone remember "Sweating Bullets"? This is considerably better.

'Another Period'. Amusing and lots of familiar faces.
user Stupid cockwomble
Death In Paradise had a change in the primary British actor, I rather liked the original stiff fellow who insisted on wearing his suits.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Braindead.

If you aren't watching this yet you should. It's my favorite show on TV right now.
I've also been watching Wrecked, but am getting really bored with it. I doubt i'll watch ia second season if it comes back for one.
Just caught up on second season of 12 Monkeys. Its been pretty good.
user Stupid cockwomble
StaticAge posted:
Just caught up on second season of 12 Monkeys. Its been pretty good.

got hung up on an episode i didnt like but need to get back to it, it has been good, made me watch the movie again
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Just started Mr. Robot.
dv
Just finished watching The Finder (2012.)

Kinda sad it didn't get another season. But it also seemed a bit sloppy - like the episodes are out of order and the characters didn't quite know what/who they were supposed to be.
user Stupid cockwomble
a tv show about a camera eyepiece?
Green Wing. Hospital comedy with touches of "MASH", "Young Doctors in Love", and "Doctor In The House". Lots of brilliant physical comedy as well. Gets surreal at times.
I am watching the Get Down. It is pretty awesome, I've only seen the first three episodes so far. 70's, graffiti, rap, the Bronx, disco. You know how some people will say stuff like "if you really want to know about Victorian England, don't read a history book, read Dickens"? Its like that, but its kinda magical realism at the same time. Its also supposed to be a musical, but its not typical, music only happens in scenes where music is supposed to happen, and its partly a musical adventure. Its really cool, I'm enjoying it thus far.
dv
Geesie Couldn't hit it sideways
The truth is, it just wasn't that good.
dv
I enjoyed it. I guess I'm easily entertained.
user Stupid cockwomble
I pretty much switched to it from TDS - don't dig Trevor as much, but yeah, the discussion panel format was unsatisfying. Just no good source for fake news anymore, guess I'll have to switch to Fox.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Last week tonight is doing a solid job.

Trevor is getting better, he still has a long way to go, but I don't notice him laughing at his own jokes quite so much anymore.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
The Nightly Show was my favorite. :(
user Stupid cockwomble
LWT is only once a week on HBO, though. I have to get youtube clips.
TOS
sam bee's show is great, as is john oliver's -- way, way better than the daily show if you ask me

though i can only watch portions on youtube

john oliver in particular is getting downright 60 minutes-ish with some of his pieces
user Stupid cockwomble
There are advantages to being on a premium channel......also disadvantages in that you are only being seen by a much smaller audience - where is Bee's show?
user posted:
[snip]
where is Bee's show?

Samantha Bee's "Full Frontal" is on TBS. At the moment it is on hiatus (and thus showing reruns) following their extended coverage of the GOP and Democratic National Conventions.

You might record it via TBS-W(est) if you have that channel since it is less likely to get pushed around or even fully pre-empted by sports programming.
user Stupid cockwomble
No gotta the cable, I'll check online.

But, yeah, Oliver has been kicking ass.
Yori Program
Just finished watching Life on Mars with the fiancée (she's never seen it), so we're now starting Ashes to Ashes. Also finally getting her into TNG.
I am watching Maron. I've been listening to WTF lately and I just dig this guy.
Maron's podcast is interesting, but his show and his stand up bore me. I've tried several times to get into it and it just doesn't work for me.
Yori posted:
Just finished watching Life on Mars with the fiancée (she's never seen it), so we're now starting Ashes to Ashes. Also finally getting her into TNG.

Loved Life on Mars. Saw it through NetflixDVD then bought it. Ashes to Ashes was on there, but then not.

user posted:
I pretty much switched to it from TDS - don't dig Trevor as much, but yeah, the discussion panel format was unsatisfying. Just no good source for fake news anymore, guess I'll have to switch to Fox.

Same here. I watched Trevor in the beginning, but at the time he was just explaining the jokes he was making all the time. Nightly Show's panel was either too short or they just talk about crap.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 37