What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
Online now: juice
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Pariah posted:
Jessica Jones season 3 just dropped!!!!!

:D

thanks for the reminder
I finished Chernobyl

Great, a must watch.
macnuke Afar
Hanna on Netflix.
just finished both seasons of Iron Fist.
TOS
killing eve

loving it
obvs precoupado
TOS posted:
killing eve

loving it
Coincidentally. Yeah.

Damned good show.
macnuke Afar
Goliath

Billy plays Billy very well.
dv
Just finished bingeing Lucifer on Netflix. Damn.
obvs precoupado
Stranger Things 3

So good.
TOS
really? i stopped watching partway through season 2 out of boredom
Watched a umbrella Academy.

God they are stick fiddled up. And they almost avoided the Apocalypse only for Luther to be an idiot and make things worse in his attempts.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Watching The First. How can this show with a good premise and all-star cast be so goddamn boring?
TOS
Robert B. posted:
Watching The First. How can this show with a good premise and all-star cast be so goddamn boring?

i guess now we know why they got cancelled already
Pariah Know Your Enemy
obvs posted:
Stranger Things 3

So good.

Is stranger things the dork fest the thumb-nails make it look like?
Yori Program
TOS
Pariah posted:
obvs posted:
Stranger Things 3

So good.

yeah
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
Pariah posted:
obvs posted:
Stranger Things 3

So good.

yeah

I'll watch a show about nerds or geeks but not dorks, I don't do dorks. :shrug:
obvs precoupado
You're in luck. In this season they make it very clear that they are nerds.
jkahless Custom Title
I’m watching season one right now for the first time, they’re not dorks, they’re normal little nerdy kids who have a tight friendship and get in trouble and bike around town together and do stupid dangerous things.
C. Ives Lacks Critical stick fiddling Thinking
Breaking bad while playing Civ 6
30 Rock while sitting in the living room
Séamas Honorary Consul General
obvs posted:
Stranger Things 3

So good.

We watched that while on vacation.
It was good, but I think they went overboard on the clever kid thing, especially Lucas' sister. Super sassy and all too smart.

What I really liked about the series early on is they hit the right mark on the kids.
It was as if a "real" world was beset with the type of weirdness of an 80's movie, but without the super-smart sassy Spielberg kids.

Also they over did the dorky uniform for the ice cream shop. There were occasional dumb uniforms, but none any bit close to that stupid.
The Year Of The Rabbit. Channel 4 (U.K.)

I'm a Matt Berry fan so this is essential viewing. London cop in Victorian era cleaning up the streets. Odd, but not bad. It's no Toast Of London, but amusing anyway.
I'm about to watch Great News on netflix. It looks hilarious, and since I'm not American it's not going to strike to close to home to not be enjoyable.
TOS
just finished the romanovs on netflix

i always enjoyed the blending of documentary and dramatization, and they did this well ... although they kind of repeated the old habit of blaming rasputin or everything

also: unexpected nudity!
I found an old classic called Dante's Cove that I'm really looking forward to watching. It's late, but I checked the first bit of the pilot and it had me squealing in delight.
So I was watching Van Helsing and she's in the woods with her kid, and the cries of the vampires in the distance sounded just like Star Wars' Tie Fighters. That's it's all.

If you want to check it out, Season 2, Ep 2, 13:57 minutes.

Warning, you'll never be able to "unhear it".

I expected to hear blasters after that sound, and when the bad guys showed up, I expected lightsabers.

I guess I'm a Star Wars geek.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I once got tied in restraints at Stanford hospital after a bad Star Wars trip. I seriously thought I was Luke Skywalker.
TOS
you mean you're not?
C. Ives posted:
Lucifer

How are you liking it? I loved the first two seasons but couldn't get into the third season when it aired on netflix.
Betonhaus posted:
C. Ives posted:
Lucifer

How are you liking it? I loved the first two seasons but couldn't get into the third season when it aired on netflix.

I'm in season 2. I'm liking it less than season 1.

It's good, but cheesy at times. The humor is getting a little predictable. Maybe I shouldn't be binge watching it.
C. Ives posted:
Betonhaus posted:
C. Ives posted:
Lucifer

I'm in season 2. I'm liking it less than season 1.

It's good, but cheesy at times. The humor is getting a little predictable. Maybe I shouldn't be binge watching it.

Yeah season 1 was the best. Season 2 does stretch things a bit but has a good ending. The thing is the ending can be interpreted as either a cliffhanger or a tidy finish, season 3's first episode treated it as a cliffhanger but then a had a terrible transition that I wasn't able to get through so i've stopped watching it.
TOS posted:
you mean you're not?

No, I eventually realized that when push comes to shove, I'd totally fall for the Dark Side. I'm just another Anakin.
Watched the first two episodes of the new Twilight Zone

Turns out funny guy Jordan Peele can also be a creepy/scary guy. No, I haven't seen his scary movies. I will! I promise! I really want to.
TOS
Metacell posted:
TOS posted:
you mean you're not?

No, I eventually realized that when push comes to shove, I'd totally fall for the Dark Side. I'm just another Anakin.

ONE OF US
Pariah Know Your Enemy
jkahless posted:
I’m watching season one right now for the first time, they’re not dorks, they’re normal little nerdy kids who have a tight friendship and get in trouble and bike around town together and do stupid dangerous things.

Netflix has done a great job discouraging me from watching Stranger things, first it was the very not attractive thumbs and short previews and then for the last week every time I finish a movie up pops a promotion for Stranger Things. Every Single Time all stick fiddling week.
jkahless Custom Title
Ah, I don’t currently have Netflix.

:pirate:
I'm mooching off my parents Netflix. But I do have my own prime video, and I'm considering subscribing to some of the add on packages.
Finally finished When They See US. Hard going, but the last episode is phenomenal. Worth it.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Betonhaus posted:
I'm mooching off my parents Netflix. But I do have my own prime video, and I'm considering subscribing to some of the add on packages.

I have Prime and watch stuff on there occasionally but I am really put off by the stick fiddling terrible UI they have. They need to dump the store paradigm they have where every season is a separate "product" and be more like Netflix where you can seamlessly binge across seasons.
It is frustrating to get to the end of a season and have to search for the next one. And then, when you finally do the search you are presented with the shows seasons in random order instead of consecutively, just for the fiddlesticks of it I guess.
You see this same crap in their Fire Tablets where they clearly did the bare minimum UI and work and called it a day.
Pariah posted:
Betonhaus posted:

I have Prime and watch stuff on there occasionally but I am really put off by the stick fiddling terrible UI they have. They need to dump the store paradigm they have where every season is a separate "product" and be more like Netflix where you can seamlessly binge across seasons.
It is frustrating to get to the end of a season and have to search for the next one. And then, when you finally do the search you are presented with the shows seasons in random order instead of consecutively, just for the fiddlesticks of it I guess.
You see this same crap in their Fire Tablets where they clearly did the bare minimum UI and work and called it a day.

The Xbox app does let me switch seasons from within a season, but it is admittedly weird and clunky. It's fine int eh browser though
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29