What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
Don't tell me how it ends!

I've been watching it - got the bug playing Stalker.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Jailbirds. It's on Netflix and about Sacramento County jail. I keep watching to see if anyone i know is on it. :D
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
macnuke posted:
how is it Robert? i have been thinking about watching it.

So far it's fascinating. The show wastes no time in getting into the government's fight to contain the explosion. The portrayed level of denial of the incident's severity by Soviet officials is just criminal.
macnuke Afar
Thanks Robert... will put it on my watch list soon :up:
Robert B. posted:
macnuke posted:

So far it's fascinating. The show wastes no time in getting into the government's fight to contain the explosion. The portrayed level of denial of the incident's severity by Soviet officials is just criminal.

Just watched the first episode. It’s crazy the level of denial and lies even in the hours after the event. The production values and performances are top notch.
TOS
Warin posted:
Robert B. posted:
macnuke posted:

Just watched the first episode. It’s crazy the level of denial and lies even in the hours after the event. The production values and performances are top notch.

and their portrayal of what it was like inside the plant is terrifying
macnuke Afar
Currently watching Bosch
really enjoying it. 6 seasons of it out there for streaming.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Historical Roasts (Netflix) - It's Jeff Ross' Celebrity Roast meets Epic Rap Battles in History.

TBH, I find this way more entertaining than the celebrity roasts. That's because there haven't been any interesting celebrities (on the Alister Crowley scale) in decades. The Lincoln one is funny, but the Freddy Mercury one is off the ******' hook.
New season of AGT. Even if you don't watch the show, check YouTube for Kodi Lee Golden Buzzer. I'm going to link in the video thread. There really are no words that can effectively convey how awesome this young man is.
macnuke Afar
justine posted:
New season of AGT. Even if you don't watch the show, check YouTube for Kodi Lee Golden Buzzer. I'm going to link in the video thread. There really are no words that can effectively convey how awesome this young man is.

i enjoyed it... the young man can sing and play with the best of em. :up:
obvs My password is "contraseña"
justine posted:
Wow.

That was amazing.
I can't get enough of that video!
Currently watching Castlevania. Jeeze this show is pretty relevant right now.
Betonhaus posted:

Based on the game?
justine posted:
Betonhaus posted:

Based on the game?

Never played the game so idunno. It's on Netflix and the first few episodes has a crazy person in charge and unleashed destruction on the world and refuses to believe it's the fault of his actions.
Doesn't sound like the game, but there's really no moral to the game. It's just fun. It's Nintendo.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
justine posted:
Betonhaus posted:

Based on the game?

Yes, but probably just by name?

Quote:
Castlevania is an American adult animated web television series based on the 1989 video game Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse by Konami. The series follows Trevor Belmont, who defends the nation of Wallachia from Dracula and his minions.

I mean, it may be from a Nintendo game, and it is an animated series, but IT IS NOT FOR CHILDREN. It has lots of violence and gore, references to sex and lots of use of the word fiddlesticks.
All kid's cartoons in Japan have that stuff. USA edits it out.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Metacell posted:

Not like that. This Castlevania show is hardcore.

I like anime. There are many shows I wouldn't watch around kids. Don't care what the intended audience is in Japan. But one thing Japan also has is that they don't think animation is only for kids.

Oh, animation in the USA. A lot of times I've thought young kids shouldn't watch the Simpsons. And vintage cartoons like Bugs Bunny or Tom and Jerry where insanely violent and sometimes racist.

But why do I care? I don't know. I don't even have kids.
juice Inadvertently correct
As a kid I can remember seeing the characters on Tom and Jerry or Looney Toons change into blackface or other racist stereotype when being hit with explosives or though other means. I don't think I've seen those portions of the cartoons for 35 years, as they have been edited out long ago.
jkahless Custom Title
juice posted:
As a kid I can remember seeing the characters on Tom and Jerry or Looney Toons change into blackface or other racist stereotype when being hit with explosives or though other means. I don't think I've seen those portions of the cartoons for 35 years, as they have been edited out long ago.

It’s funny how different people view things differently. I’m pretty sure that’s just a soot blackened face as upposed to blackface.
ukimalefu posted:
Metacell posted:

Not like that. This Castlevania show is hardcore.

I know, I've seen it. Sorry, forgot: :evil:
jkahless posted:
juice posted:

It’s funny how different people view things differently. I’m pretty sure that’s just a soot blackened face as upposed to blackface.

I've fairly strong memories of actual blackface routines in old WB cartoons. (and just a reminder: none of the theatrical ones were intended for a child audience)
jkahless Custom Title
Metacell posted:
jkahless posted:
juice posted:

I've fairly strong memories of actual blackface routines in old WB cartoons. (and just a reminder: none of the theatrical ones were intended for a child audience)

Oh there was lots of blackface in shows then, I just don’t remember it ever happening after an explosion like that. If you watch Jeeves and Wooster you can Hugh Laurie in blackface.

I’m just a pedant. :shrug:
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I remember (well, maybe I remember ... ) a Tom and Jerry. There is a firecracker and when it goes off, Jerry's face is all black with blown-back spikey hair with little red bows on the ends of the spikes and big thick lips. He looks out at the audience and blinks twice, then shakes his head rapidly into a blur and returns to normal.
Coal Black and the Sebben dwarfs...

When I lived in the U.K. in the mid 70s there was a black-face musical variety TV show called 'The Black and White Minstrel Show". I remember my parents getting very upset about it. It offended more than just morals and ethics; it was awful even without the black-face makeup.
Yori Program
My parents used to watch that every week. :(
dv
Got through most of Good Omens yesterday. Will definitely finish.
dv posted:
Got through most of Good Omens yesterday. Will definitely finish.

That was a lovely series I really liked it
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Designated Survivor.
Season 3 just dropped! :)
Russian Doll. God damn that was a fiddlesticks.
TOS
warrior

not bad
dv
Love, Death and Robots. I'm kinda meh about it overall. There were some good bits. Short story format doesn't let you do much exposition, so you have to watch carefully for all the little context hints. The twist endings were uneven.

Your cat is plotting your downfall.
user Stupid cockwomble
Gunpowder

wanted like it because it stars kit Harrington and liv Tyler but quit after the first episode

dreary
TOS
dv posted:
Love, Death and Robots. I'm kinda meh about it overall. There were some good bits. Short story format doesn't let you do much exposition, so you have to watch carefully for all the little context hints. The twist endings were uneven.

Your cat is plotting your downfall.

i'm a fan of the whole sci-fi anthology thang, generally speaking, but yeah the series rarely makes the most of the format
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Catching up on Outlander. On season 2 now.

Downloaded Cobra Kai, season 2. This show, a sequel series following the Karate Kid movies, is a crack up. The story flips the script and follows the life of movie antagonist, Johnny Lawrence, 30 years later as he struggles, while Daniel Larusso is making it good as a successful car dealership owner. You can watch season one for free on YouTube.

Watched the first episode of Warrior. This show goes back to Bruce Lee’s original concept that instead became Kung Fu, with David Carradine in the lead role. First episode pretty good. Will continue watching.
obvs My password is "contraseña"
I really like Outlander.
I might start Riverdale. Anyone here watch it?
dv
Started on Lucifer. Actually pretty good show.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Jessica Jones season 3 just dropped!!!!!
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30