What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16
Online now: ukimalefu, Warin
TOS
Pariah posted:
Metacell posted:
I used to love zombies, werewolves, and vampires. They were my favorite things from childhood. Now I can't freakin' stand 'em. I can hardly wait for reality shows like: "Vampire Bachelor" and "Survivor: Walking Dead Edition".

Same here almost. I don't like Walking Dead at all. It's a soap opera with Zombies to me. But I like shows like Znation, iZombie and The Strain which take an old idea and riff off it in a reasonably original way. Zombie and Vampire stuff should be action oriented, camp and fun. Walking dead would be better if it had a quarter the budget and 5 times more action.

i loathe the walking dead because it's so damn nihilistic

same with game of thrones
Vulture 420
Oh good, I thought I was the only one who can't watch Walking Dead or Game of Thrones because they are both SUCH SOAP OPERAS. This all started back when they did that show Lost. Now it's just never going to stop.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I watched three episodes of iZombie and it was fuckin' stupid.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I don't watch Walking Dead. For some reason, I just get bored or disgusted and I just don't bother.
Game of Thrones, OTOH, I watch because it IS a Soap Opera, but with, like, dragons ...
Conner Of Gallifrey
TOS posted:
Conner posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
I got an email from Netflix trying to get me to watch iZombie. Here's the description:

Quote:
A medical student-turned-zombie tries to retain her humanity by eating brains at the morgue and finds she has an uncanny new gift for solving crimes.

Sounds like they've taken elements from several popular TV shows and shoehorned them together into one ridiculous mess. I won't be watching it.

I'm two episodes in; and it's quite good. It's basically Veronica Mars (same show runner/creator) but with a zombie-lead. If you like VM def worth a shot.

oh, a veronica mars fan ... i didn't realize you were a homosexual

Classy.
TOS
Conner posted:
TOS posted:
Conner posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:
I got an email from Netflix trying to get me to watch iZombie. Here's the description:

Quote:
A medical student-turned-zombie tries to retain her humanity by eating brains at the morgue and finds she has an uncanny new gift for solving crimes.

Sounds like they've taken elements from several popular TV shows and shoehorned them together into one ridiculous mess. I won't be watching it.

I'm two episodes in; and it's quite good. It's basically Veronica Mars (same show runner/creator) but with a zombie-lead. If you like VM def worth a shot.

oh, a veronica mars fan ... i didn't realize you were a homosexual

Classy.

:(

i thought the ridiculousness of it would get a chuckle
I have a hard time seeing GOT as soap opera. I also don't see it as nihilistic. Most of the violence and drama is based on actual history and political intrigue. Ive always complained that the show cheeses it up though.

Fear TWD was okay. I have shows that I watch, but none that I am REALLY watching. Ive seen a couple episodes of Blindspot and Quantico and both seem mildly interesting but could get tiresome quick, but so far so good. The Bastard Executioner feels like SOA and not in a good way, but its alright I guess. The Brink was funny.

I like Silicon Valley a lot. And Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
user Stupid cockwomble
Quantico's depiction of FBI training as extreme and studfarm is over the top. You have to investigate each other on the first day, really?
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I watch Castle, I started because of Fillion but now I watch because I am infatuated with Molly Quinn.
She is adorable.
DukeofNuke posted:
I don't watch Walking Dead. For some reason, I just get bored or disgusted and I just don't bother.
Game of Thrones, OTOH, I watch because it IS a Soap Opera, but with, like, dragons ...

and BOOBS

Lord of the Rings wouldn't be called nerdy if it had exposed breasts and sex scenes.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Both are staying (petty much) true to their source material.
user Stupid cockwomble
Now GOT is being written for the TV series.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I like Teen Titans Go. It's funny.
jkahless Custom Title
Pariah posted:
I watch Castle, I started because of Fillion but now I watch because I am infatuated with Molly Quinn.
She is adorable.

I do not blame you one bit!
Vulture 420
Well, Fargo Season 2 just started, and that's pretty awesome.
TOS
the walking dead, though i don't enjoy it much anymore

quite a dramatic season opener i must say
I started watching The Last Kingdom from BBC on demand yesterday, if you like stuff like Vikings you'd probably like it, it seemed really good. Also have been watching Indian Summers on Masterpiece, which is a decent drama in the Downton Abbey style but with a totally different setting.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Anybody watching Sons of Liberty? Somebody is recording it on the DVR at home, I was wondering if it was worth my time.
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
Anybody watching Sons of Liberty? Somebody is recording it on the DVR at home, I was wondering if it was worth my time.

i don't think i've ever seen a production about the american revolution that wasn't awful
dv
TOS posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

i don't think i've ever seen a production about the american revolution that wasn't awful

That's 'cuz you're a sore loser. :p

The War of Insurrection was totally about States' Rights, though.
user Stupid cockwomble
That was 1812.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

The Patriot was pretty good.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
ukimalefu posted:
The Last Man On Earth - Post-apocalyptic comedy.

I caught a few episodes halfway through last season. I like it and hope it sticks around--but I fear Will Forte's sense of humor --which I really like--might be a hard sell.
Séamas Honorary Consul General
I watched the three seasons of House of Cards this past spring

I really liked it at first--and thought the first season was excellent --and a rather depressing take on Washington, power, lobbying and the decline of journalism.

But as the series went on, and we got more of a clear picture of the main character, I found it less and less interesting.

I know a lot of people hate Kevin Spacey's accent. It didn't bother me--those things usually do.

Looking for something else to watch but nothing is grabbing me. I watched about half of the first season of Walking Dead, but got bored.
I'd like to check out Game of Thrones because of the boobs, so might try out the HBO subscription thing.
TOS
yeah house of cards definitely wore mighty thin
user Stupid cockwomble
Don' want to step on thet snake.
user Stupid cockwomble
Torchwood.

I've been expecting some lame knock-off of Dr Who but damn it's great.
I just started watching The Wire. Only one episode, but the performances and writing seems to support all of the rave reviews that I've heard about it.
user posted:
Torchwood.

Yes it is, Spoiler Alert, a week ago, The Doctor remembered Captain Jack Harkness...
I'm looking forward to the 9th season of Peep Show.
Yori Program
user posted:
Torchwood.

Wait until you get to "Children of Earth". It's brilliant.
The Librarians

If you like Doctor Who, you may like it.
dv
Did you know there were more than 5 season of Futurama? Why was I not informed of this?
user Stupid cockwomble
ukimalefu posted:
The Librarians

If you like Doctor Who, you may like it.

Just watched the first season on Hulu. I like how they kept the movie Librarian in the series.

Whole thing's a TNT property.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I did like the movies; I should watch the show at some point.
user Stupid cockwomble
Also watching The Sarah Jane Adventures. Kid's show, but not bad. Sarah Jane was in the org series 1973-1976. Very cute. Just saw an episode where they referenced one of Tennant's.
Conner Of Gallifrey
She was also in a season 2 episode of New Who.
user Stupid cockwomble
Unfort., she passed away in the show's final season.
TOS
loving the knick

i want to be stephen soderbergh when i grow up
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16