What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
Online now: Google [Bot], Warin
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Starting Stranger Things over again. Life got in the way and i was too distracted.
user Stupid cockwomble
Shut Eye on Hulu. Starring Jeffery Donovan (Burn Notice). He looks and acts much the same.
Yori Program
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I set West world aside at ep4. Looks cool and I will end up watching it but I just wasn't feelin' it.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
user posted:
Shut Eye on Hulu. Starring Jeffery Donovan (Burn Notice). He looks and acts much the same.

I got three episodes into that and I just wasn't feeling it. Kind of like Burn Notice meets Sopranos; had the right formula but not as good as either.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency.

Is anyone else watching this? I'm only 3 episodes into it so far.
Donkey Butter posted:

I have never understood the book(s). I tried watching the first episode and it failed to enlighten me.
TOS
Donkey Butter posted:

loved the books

hate the show
user Stupid cockwomble
Didn't the show greatly diverge from the books?

Now that I've got BBC America I'm going to see if I can see it.
Donkey Butter jerk face
DEyncourt posted:
Donkey Butter posted:

I have never understood the book(s). I tried watching the first episode and it failed to enlighten me.

took me till eps 3 to fully get into it. all through episode 1 I just kept thinking wtf.
Yori Program
TOS posted:
Donkey Butter posted:

loved the books

hate the show

Have you tried the BBC version?

DISCLAIMER: Haven't read the books or watched either version.
The OA on Netflix is really great.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Tonight I watched the Michael Bublé special with my mom...
I have to say right up front that the whole neo-lounge thing is seriously not my bag but I have heard some older Buble and I thought he was pretty good, considering the genre but man, tonights show was alternating bland and way over the top brass blaze. The highlight of the show was an absurd, triumphal arrangement of the Willie Nelson classic Always On My Mind.
I am sure it will be up on Youtube and I seriously recommend looking for it. It's the kind of jaw drop bad that only comes along every once in awhile.
I'm not gonna slag Buble because I know he is in a rough patch so I am just going to let the weak singing pass, but the arraignments were the real problem.
Hip Hop Evolution is a four-part documentary on Netflix and pretty damn entertaining if you enjoy the likes of Afrika Bambaata, Cold Crush Crew or Grandmaster Flash.... and hate "Rapper's Delight." :p
TOS
bosch

despite the fact it employs ever trope and cliche in the business, i'm quite digging it
user Stupid cockwomble
Dr Who xmas marathon on BBC America.

Riding a dinosaur on a spaceship!
TOS posted:
bosch

despite the fact it employs ever trope and cliche in the business, i'm quite digging it

I liked Bosch too.
Robert B. posted:
and hate "Rapper's Delight." :p

That and the shout out to Philly and Schooly D. It was a little weird to see the dude from the Real World as one of the most used commentators.
obvs card-carrying member of the ACLU
StaticAge posted:
This is very interesting.
obvs posted:
StaticAge posted:
This is very interesting.

Usually my wife doesn't even like to watch a movie on tv because she doesn't like feeling pressured to be entertained for very long, so we just watch like an hour long episode of something with our dinner.

We had seen the trailer for the show and on a whim we thought to try it out. Four hours later we had to turn it off to go to bed, and we finished it the next day. But that's how compelling it was.

And there's a lot of mysterious details and fun stuff to try and put together and interpret or question.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
I watched the first three eps of the new MacGyver TV show...

So, so very, very bad. :(

Makes Legends Of Tomorrow look like Shindler's List.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Black Mirror was recommended, so i'll probably watch that.
obvs card-carrying member of the ACLU
Crazyhead.

It's dumb, but it's fun.
Very disappointed by The OA.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Travelers (Netflix)
First episode looks promising.
TOS
Robert B. posted:
Very disappointed by The OA.

me too

i wanted to like it, but ...
Donkey Butter jerk face
just finished the OA. I have this strange desire to do a weird dance like one of those air dancers at the used car lot.

Séamas Honorary Consul General
Yori posted:

I saw one episode
Though I was a fan of Mythbusters, I had no real intention on watching Netflix's White Rabbit Project which starts Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, and Grant Imahara.

That is, until I noticed in one of the promotional stills an odd little car behind Tory.
I recognized the car as a Baker Torpedo--an electric car that was aiming to beat the land speed record in 1902 in Staten Island.

The only reason I know of the car is it is part of family lore. As Mr. Baker set about setting a new record he lost control of the car and slammed into a crowd--and killing my great-grandfather's brother instantly. Unmentioned in the segment is the fact that this was the first fatality of a motorsport spectator in the USA (and possibly the first auto fatality--the record is fuzzy on that). (the Baker Torpedo is recreated in episode 10--Speed Freaks)

Other than that, I am not certain I would watch much of this show again.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Séamas posted:
Yori posted:

I saw one episode
Though I was a fan of Mythbusters, I had no real intention on watching Netflix's White Rabbit Project which starts Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, and Grant Imahara.

That is, until I noticed in one of the promotional stills an odd little car behind Tory.
I recognized the car as a Baker Torpedo--an electric car that was aiming to beat the land speed record in 1902 in Staten Island.

The only reason I know of the car is it is part of family lore. As Mr. Baker set about setting a new record he lost control of the car and slammed into a crowd--and killing my great-grandfather's brother instantly. Unmentioned in the segment is the fact that this was the first fatality of a motorsport spectator in the USA (and possibly the first auto fatality--the record is fuzzy on that). (the Baker Torpedo is recreated in episode 10--Speed Freaks)

Other than that, I am not certain I would watch much of this show again.

They get a little too silly but if you look at it as a Youtube channel with high production values rather than a cheap TV show it works better.
TOS
the crown

loving it
Pariah Know Your Enemy
TOS posted:
the crown

loving it

Royalist!! :brow:
user Stupid cockwomble
Emerald City

Yet another Wizard of Oz adaption. This one looks to be more adult and gritty. May possibly be more accurate to the novels...haven't managed to read them yet, myself.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Arrested Development. Still one of the best shows out there
Metacell Branch Dravidian
user posted:
Emerald City

Yet another Wizard of Oz adaption. This one looks to be more adult and gritty. May possibly be more accurate to the novels...haven't managed to read them yet, myself.

I can assure you, the novels are neither adult nor gritty.
TOS
Pariah posted:
TOS posted:
the crown

loving it

Royalist!! :brow:

yep

fun fact: i once lived in an area along the north shore of lake ontario long ago colonized by americans who fled their country because they were loyal to the crown ... it's still called "loyalist country" and it's not at all unusual to see british flags flying on people's lawns
Donkey Butter jerk face
Black Mirror - I find it pretty interesting.
sturner Ancient Soldier
Midsomer Murders. All 110 episodes on Netflix.
jkahless Custom Title
Dirk Gently. Once I got over it being completely not Dirk Gently, I really started enjoying it.
sturner posted:
Midsomer Murders. All 110 episodes on Netflix.

The you should check out "A Touch Of Cloth".

Yori suggested it. It's great.
chikie The same deviled egg
TOS posted:
the crown

loving it

Just binged it.

I think Matt Smith does a pretty incredible portrayal of Philip. All the actors, really.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11