What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13
Online now: gd, Google [Bot], mmaverick
jkahless Custom Title
Castle.

Fun procedural. The writing is just ok, but the fabulous chemistry between the cast, particularly Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic keeps me coming back. When the actors enjoy the show as much as they do, how can I not? I've found the quality declining slowly over the past few seasons, though the show runners have just changed, and hope for a better written season this year.

Miss Fischers Murder Mysteries

Fairly standard whodunit murder mysteries, somewhat in the Agatha Christie vein. Set in the 1920s in Melbourne, starring thoroughly modern woman, with 21st century mores.

Brooklyn Nine Nine

Somewhat intelligent, very awkward police procedural comedy. Mostly mindless fluff, but fun.

[img]Doctor%20Who[/img]

No explanation needed.
I attempted the third season of Hannibal but it's too tedious to continue.

I'm re-watching Peep Show because my GF hasn't seen it. It's so hilarious.

Early episodes of Cheers. Same reason as above.
user Stupid cockwomble
Elementary has shown up on Hulu, so I've been binge-watching it the last week. An interesting, though Americanized, take on Sherlock Holmes in the modern world. He frequently, like in the British series "Sherlock" uses his cell-phone in his investigation. The changing dynamic of making Watson a woman who has come into his life as a sober companion works better than I would have expected. Miller's mannerisms as Holmes work well to describe a mild, well adjusted, sociopath.
TOS
fear the walking dead, including tonight's finale (after what, six episodes?) ... fighting the waves of disappointment

would've been really neat to see civilization collapse
Just got a fire tv stick with prime so I watched Transparent and now I'm on their other original series Catastrophe. I tried to watch their political original Alpha House but I couldn't get past the first episode.
Metacell Akashic Space Warrior
Arrow. Not as exciting as the Netflix Daredevil series and took me a little getting used to the demographic cultural dissonance, but it's fairly decent superheroism.

I was watching the Walking Dead, but I got bored by the end of Season 2.

Doctor Who naturally.

Daily Show, Nightly Show, Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
TOS
i eagerly await the return of the knick in a week or so
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
CSI: Cyber
NCIS
NCIS:LA
NCIS:NO
Conner Of Gallifrey
I just finished the first three seasons of Person of Interest - fantastic show.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
I watched the 1st season of killjoys, I thought it showed a bit of promise.
A friend of a friend is on Dark Matter so I figured I should try it too. It might go somewhere.

Mr. Robot is pretty neat.
-Fear The Walking Dead - Same universe as The Walking Dead, but this happens in California at the very start of the "infection".

-Gotham - Gotham city long before Batman. Focuses on Jim Gordon, Bruce Wayne is just a kid. IMHO, the best thing from DC comics on TV or movies recently.

Last edited by ukimalefu on Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:24 pm.

user Stupid cockwomble
I've been digging Gotham from the beginning. Pretty dark at times. Part of the fun is guessing who the younger villains turn out to be.
Yori Program
Doctor Who. The latest series is looking good so far. 3 episodes in and we're onto our second cliffhanger. Hope there are more multi-part stories like in the old days. Having a story split over 2 episodes makes them much less rushed.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Mr Robot
Z-Nation
The Strain
Gotham
TOS
ooh, i watched the first episode of mr robot, it was amazing, eh?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Gunsmoke and Days of Our Lives
TOS
your tv gets a signal from 1967?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TV Land http://www.tvland.com/tv-schedule. Gunsmoke comes on at 1:00.
The wife DVRs DOOL, an I get an infusion of it as I'm trying to fall asleep.
Otherwise, GOT when It's in season.
Lew posted:
Doctor Who. The latest series is looking good so far. 3 episodes in and we're onto our second cliffhanger. Hope there are more multi-part stories like in the old days. Having a story split over 2 episodes makes them much less rushed.

It's going to be the whole season this way.
I'm currently rewatching Battlestar Galactica. Still great.
I don't have TV any more, but I looked forward to Arrow, The Flash, and Archer every week. The Daily Show and Nightly Show whenever I could.

I like murder mysteries and have been rewatching:
Endeavour
the last season of Inspector Lewis
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries which led me back to watching old Poirot episodes

on DVD I've been going through Danger Man and The Saint.
The Last Man On Earth - Post-apocalyptic comedy.
TOS
DukeofNuke posted:
TV Land http://www.tvland.com/tv-schedule. Gunsmoke comes on at 1:00.
The wife DVRs DOOL, an I get an infusion of it as I'm trying to fall asleep.
Otherwise, GOT when It's in season.

aha
TOS
oh hey, this looks mighty interesting

https://youtu.be/n2irZnQMovI
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
TOS posted:
oh hey, this looks mighty interesting

https://youtu.be/n2irZnQMovI

Indeed! :D
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
TOS posted:
ooh, i watched the first episode of mr robot, it was amazing, eh?

And it keeps getting better. Really great season of television.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Supernatural
American Horror Story
Once Upon A Time (just starting this)
Empire (although i haven't yet started the second season)
Last Man Standing
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Fresh Off The Boat
black-ish
Ink Master
Snapped
Wicked Attraction

I was considering starting Blacklist. My sister in law started editing it and i feel bad being the only one in the family not supporting her by watching it, but at least i heard it's pretty good.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
justine posted:
Supernatural
American Horror Story
Once Upon A Time (just starting this)
Empire (although i haven't yet started the second season)
Last Man Standing
Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Fresh Off The Boat
black-ish
Ink Master
Snapped
Wicked Attraction

I was considering starting Blacklist. My sister in law started editing it and i feel bad being the only one in the family not supporting her by watching it, but at least i heard it's pretty good.

Blacklist is a good show, you will like it.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Pariah posted:

Cool. I just have to make room for it. LOL! I really want to finish Once Upon A Time first, though. I just started watching it and i think it's got 4 seasons already.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
justine posted:
Pariah posted:

Cool. I just have to make room for it. LOL! I really want to finish Once Upon A Time first, though. I just started watching it and i think it's got 4 seasons already.

I am glad you mentioned Once Upon A Time. I had watched the first season and then forgot all about it while it was on break. I seem to remember liking it.
Going to watch some eps. I am honestly surprised it is still on. Quirky shows like that are so often short lived.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Pariah posted:
justine posted:
Pariah posted:

I am glad you mentioned Once Upon A Time. I had watched the first season and then forgot all about it while it was on break. I seem to remember liking it.
Going to watch some eps. I am honestly surprised it is still on. Quirky shows like that are so often short lived.

I quite liked the first season, but couldn't get into the second.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
I am honestly surprised it is still on.

I said the same thing just the other day. After 5 seasons, I would have thought they'd run out of Fairy Tales by now.
user Stupid cockwomble
There's always the Eastern stuff.
I was about to give up on "Fear the Walking Dead". I did not find the storylines in this series to be sufficiently compelling that I did consider just deleting the final two episodes unwatched.

I'm glad I didn't because the series won me back. In particular was the scene where Travis had to struggle with his humanity and ultimately decided NOT to shoot the walker stuck inside the donut shop. And Liza's death at the end was particularly well done.

This is not to say there aren't problems. I will want SOME reason why Strand left his multimillion-dollar yacht anchored unmanned some distance off-shore from his seaside home. Such ships are maintenance money-holes even when kept at dock, so anchoring one out in open water will require some explanation even if it is just "Y'know, I planning on bugging out myself because of some deals I had made just before all these troubles started. In fact, that was why I was in that cage with Nick."

On the follow-up "Talking Dead" episode the producer did say that there is some history behind Madison that will be brought up during season 2 to help explain her relative pragmatism, being part of the reasons why she became a working mom with two kids and a dead husband a while back.
Pithecanthropus Roast Master
I got an email from Netflix trying to get me to watch iZombie. Here's the description:

Quote:
A medical student-turned-zombie tries to retain her humanity by eating brains at the morgue and finds she has an uncanny new gift for solving crimes.

Sounds like they've taken elements from several popular TV shows and shoehorned them together into one ridiculous mess. I won't be watching it.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Pithecanthropus posted:
I got an email from Netflix trying to get me to watch iZombie. Here's the description:

Quote:
A medical student-turned-zombie tries to retain her humanity by eating brains at the morgue and finds she has an uncanny new gift for solving crimes.

Sounds like they've taken elements from several popular TV shows and shoehorned them together into one ridiculous mess. I won't be watching it.

I'm two episodes in; and it's quite good. It's basically Veronica Mars (same show runner/creator) but with a zombie-lead. If you like VM def worth a shot.
I used to love zombies, werewolves, and vampires. They were my favorite things from childhood. Now I can't freakin' stand 'em. I can hardly wait for reality shows like: "Vampire Bachelor" and "Survivor: Walking Dead Edition".
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Metacell posted:
I used to love zombies, werewolves, and vampires. They were my favorite things from childhood. Now I can't freakin' stand 'em. I can hardly wait for reality shows like: "Vampire Bachelor" and "Survivor: Walking Dead Edition".

Same here almost. I don't like Walking Dead at all. It's a soap opera with Zombies to me. But I like shows like Znation, iZombie and The Strain which take an old idea and riff off it in a reasonably original way. Zombie and Vampire stuff should be action oriented, camp and fun. Walking dead would be better if it had a quarter the budget and 5 times more action.
Conner Of Gallifrey
iZombie is a police procedural. It's campy, and quite fun (I'm in episode 6 or 7 now).
TOS
Conner posted:
Pithecanthropus posted:

Quote:

I'm two episodes in; and it's quite good. It's basically Veronica Mars (same show runner/creator) but with a zombie-lead. If you like VM def worth a shot.

oh, a veronica mars fan ... i didn't realize you were a homosexual
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13