What TV series are you currently watching?

Music and video: analog or digital
j_tso

Post by j_tso »

I've revisited Ultraman over the holidays and found out Tsuburaya Productions made a web series on their youtube channel.
It's mainly Ultramen and monsters in front of green screens, and they brought back a lot of the ones from the pre-2000 shows which made my day.
There are also a couple complete episodes of the newer stuff.
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Re:

Post by Metacell »

j_tso posted wrote: I've revisited Ultraman over the holidays and found out Tsuburaya Productions made a web series on their youtube channel.
It's mainly Ultramen and monsters in front of green screens, and they brought back a lot of the ones from the pre-2000 shows which made my day.
There are also a couple complete episodes of the newer stuff.

Yeah I'm watching that, but I'm bummed to have missed Ultraman Z which was previously going out under that channel, which is the latest full series but filmed more in tribute to the style of the old series.
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
j_tso

Post by j_tso »

I like that they've reconnected in a way with the Showa Ultras. Haven't kept in touch with the shows since Mebius so I'm not familiar with Geed, Orb, X, etc. The latest Ultras with all their different forms is a little much for me, but should be great for selling action figures.
Robert B.
Title: Dandy Highwayman

Post by Robert B. »

Currently watching the final season of The USA.
"Hey, I gotta be me. Don't like it, don't read it." - Schnicky
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Re:

Post by ukimalefu »

Robert B. posted wrote: Currently watching the final season of The USA.

... not sure if that's a joke or...
gd
Title: Hero of Twilight

Re: Re:

Post by gd »

ukimalefu posted wrote:
Robert B. posted wrote: Currently watching the final season of The USA.

... not sure if that's a joke or...

:lol:
Never take advice from people who have nothing to lose by giving it...
-macnuke
Ribtor

Re: What TV series are you currently watching?

Post by Ribtor »

The Haunting Of Bly Manor (Netflix, eMule) Built on and expands on the famous gothic horror novel "The Turn Of The Screw". I liked it a lot. Like the original novel and the brilliant 1961 film "The Innocents" starring Deborah Kerr there's plenty of room for speculation about whether this is a ghost story or a psychological drama. It's long with many drawn out scenes. The production looks slightly cheap (filmed in B.C. instead of the U.K. where it plays). But the cast is great. Not up to "The Haunting Of Hill House", but similar in tone with some of the same cast.
Pyke notte thy nostrellys
Robert B.

Post by Robert B. »

Finished the last season of Vikings. I actually really liked the series finale, which was not a go-all-out fireworks explosion, but instead brought closure by alluding to the decline in their importance and influence, and their transition or assimilation.

Next up is The Expanse, season 5.
TOS

Post by TOS »

it's not a full series, but i watched the new netflix joint about the hunting of richard ramirez, the "night stalker"

quite fascinating
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
justine
Title: Elitist Beer Lover

Re:

Post by justine »

TOS posted wrote: it's not a full series, but i watched the new netflix joint about the hunting of richard ramirez, the "night stalker"

quite fascinating

I remember watching the news reports about the hunt for him. While it was scary, it didn't scare me nearly as bad as The Zodiak and Charles Manson.
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
TOS

Re: Re:

Post by TOS »

justine posted wrote:
TOS posted wrote: it's not a full series, but i watched the new netflix joint about the hunting of richard ramirez, the "night stalker"

quite fascinating

I remember watching the news reports about the hunt for him. While it was scary, it didn't scare me nearly as bad as The Zodiak and Charles Manson.

for me it was clifford olson, a child murderer in my area when i was a kid ... i literally worried about being grabbed on my way to school (alone, of course, through a forest, it was a different time)
"TOS ain’t havin no horserace round here. “Policies” is the coin of the realm." -- iDaemon
TOS

Post by TOS »

almost finished the queen's gambit

it really is an excellent series
DukeofNuke
Title: FREE RADICAL

Post by DukeofNuke »

I liked the way it was photographed, with a very slight sepia tone that makes it look your Grandmother's old, slightly faded Instamatic photos. It helps to put you in the era.
intellectual/hipster/nihilist

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts."
-Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Yori
Title: Program

Post by Yori »

Just restarted Legends of Tomorrow.
Ribtor

Post by Ribtor »

WandaVision (Disney+, eMule) Two episodes in and there's something going on. Clearly things aren't as they seem. Looks good.
Pyke notte thy nostrellys
Robert B.

Post by Robert B. »

Watched first episode of WandaVision, fell asleep during the second. Tedious, pointless. Constant laugh track runs throughout even though nothing is funny.
TOS

Post by TOS »

love wandavision so far ... awesome tv references, great performances, look forward to more

they really took a massive gamble with this one, and the reaction i'm seeing on twitter suggests a whole ton of people are baffled and/or hostile
Metacell
Title: Chocolate Brahma

Post by Metacell »

Disenchantment season 3 (NETFLIX): just the ridiculous psychedelic escapism I needed to get through the last week!
Remember, people, to forgive is divine. In other words, it ain't human.
Robert B.

Post by Robert B. »

Caught up with The Expanse; now just waiting for the weekly installments. Starting The Alienist season 2 and
I think I'll also start Warrior season 2 now.
Last edited by Robert B. on Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
justine
Title: Elitist Beer Lover

Post by justine »

Binging True Blood
"The older i get, the less i care about what people think of me. therefore the older i get, the more i enjoy life."

"Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation."
ukimalefu
Title: want, but shouldn't, may anyway

Post by ukimalefu »

The capture

British series. Good thriller. Nerds please suspend your disbelief about how technology works, focus on the characters.

The plots is based on framing a innocent man by manipulating video evidence.