What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37
Online now: Google [Bot]
jkahless Custom Title
Stargate Atlantis. Like SG1, but with more horrific moral decisions and nazi doctors.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
I miss stargate

they made more star wars and more star trek

they should make more stargate
jkahless Custom Title
They made that prequel I need to watch, but agreed. It's time.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I was afraid Ben Browder and Claudia Black would turn it into "Farscape without Muppets", but they didn't and it worked out ok.

I thought SGU was good too, but they didn't give it enough time to develop a following like SG1.
Yori Program
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DukeofNuke posted:
I was afraid Ben Browder and Claudia Black would turn it into "Farscape without Muppets", but they didn't and it worked out ok.

I thought SGU was good too, but they didn't give it enough time to develop a following like SG1.

It's almost as if Ben and Claudia could actually act, despite being typecast due to their participation in Farscape. ::mind blown::

Unfortunately, by the time they arrived at SG-1, so had the Ori - and with them, any hopes of salvaging the show.
TOS
the terror (season 2)

it started off great but unfortunately i've completely lost interest and probably won't finish it, the whole thing is so tiresom and repetitive
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I tried to watch Penny Dreadful, it seemed like everything I ought to like, and I like some of the actors. But I gave up after ep.7, it just didn't grip me and none of the characters were relatable or likeable except for the one Frankenstein's monster who died right away. TBH, I'm kinda' burned out on the endless London Horror gothed up and oversexed revival experience. I still like the old Hammer films though.
Yori Program
Red Dwarf - Netflix
Yori posted:
Red Dwarf - Netflix

old school or newer ones? Always liked that series old and new.
Finished binge watching all of Family Guy (eMule). Pretty good. Gets very self-referential later on. It ran out of targets so it turned on itself. Very funny stuff. Peter fighting Trump and getting orange on himself was priceless.
Yori Program
avkills posted:
Yori posted:
Red Dwarf - Netflix

old school or newer ones? Always liked that series old and new.

From the start. We're up to Stasis Leak.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ribtor posted:
Finished binge watching all of Family Guy (eMule). Pretty good. Gets very self-referential later on. It ran out of targets so it turned on itself. Very funny stuff. Peter fighting Trump and getting orange on himself was priceless.

Lois is such a FREAK! ;)
DukeofNuke posted:
Ribtor posted:

Lois is such a FREAK! ;)

Oh yes. She was not always just a voice of reason.

Cool Whip, and Bird Is The Word... The joke per scene count is off the charts.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Just started recording License To Kill. Haven't started it yet, tho.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Watched a couple episodes of Ted Lasso, which was released last night. The plot: American football coach signs up to manage an English premiere league soccer team, with the owner secretly plotting the team's failure. It's basically a fish out of water "Major League."
Kamen Rider (available on KissAsian.com and other websites)

Not the kiddy-flavored pablum they serve here in The West, the original Japanese version, which is one of the most gritty, hard-boiled Tokusatsu shows of all time, with bloody gory villains and venemous sexy-fishnet-stockinged lady minions. It's sort of a Heavy Metal/Jazz/Rockabilly biker fantasy from the early 70's so it has that Star Trek/Batman/Andy Warhol look with crazy lighting and camera angles. It bears little if any resemblance to the US version.

Loving it.
<- my avatar is from the 2005 movie Kamen Rider: The First, worth checking out as well. They even kept the scarves on the suits.
j_tso posted:
<- my avatar is from the 2005 movie Kamen Rider: The First, worth checking out as well. They even kept the scarves on the suits.

Thanks, I'll check it out. I'm sure I'm going to want to watch all of the series now, at least until it gets as silly as Ultraman Ace and Taro. Of course its another one with thousands of episodes.
The New Pope (eMule, HBO) John Malkovich and Jude Law. The second season of "The Young Pope". Wordy, a bit dreary, and none of the small winks to the audience of the first season. Highly stylized in its music and photography. I can't tell if it's just pretentious or supposed to be a parody of pretentiousness. Story lines are unfocused but I like it anyway more out of curiosity.

Jude Law's 'young pope' is in a coma and Malkovich is elected the 'New Pope'.
j_tso posted:

Also: Kobayashi Akiji, leader of the science patrol on Ultraman, is Masked Rider's motorcycle mentor! I knew it!

Plus, the premise is that the evil organization SHOCKER has stolen Nazi secrets (presumably from Mengele) that allow them to surgically turn humans into mind-controlled cyborgs with genetic implants that give them super powers.

This show is so awesome.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Rake - Some Aussie lawyer show. I find it entertaining (mostly I like spotting the actors that were also in Offspring (another Aussie show)
So I am watching Babylon 5 again; and since I loaned out my season 1 DVD set and never got it back, I have noticed that the people who compressed this for Apple totally stick fiddled it up. My conversions from DVD look 1000 times better. The iTunes ones CGI scenes stutter and look all stick fiddled up (and some are 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, wtf!), more than likely the encoding people used the wrong field order when doing it. The ones I made look buttery smooth. The DVD box sets are 4:3 Anamorphic, so they look squished if you just convert to 4:3.

Ok, rant over.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
I started Lovecraft Country.

I'm not generally a JJ Abrams fan, and this series certainly has his touch. That and maybe some Jordan Peele oversimplification. But so far, it is at least a little bit unique when compared to other shows. Plus it has an absolutely killer soundtrack, so I plan to keep watching.
Norah from Queens. Akwafina is my spirit animal.

Absentia season 2. I have no memory of watching season 1, even though the app says I did.
Caught up on Absentia.

Now watching Raised By Wolves.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Just started "Away". Promising premise but the 1st EP has so much women and children crying it feels like a Life Time channel movie. Going back in for another EP but things are not looking great at the end of EP #1.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Robert B. posted:
Caught up on Absentia.

Oh! Has that dropped already?
How is it?
Just starting the first season of Umbrella Academy.
Donkey Butter jerk face
Ted Lasso - Apple TV - It's very enjoyable to watch
DukeofNuke posted:
Robert B. posted:
Caught up on Absentia.

Oh! Has that dropped already?
How is it?

The first three episodes are out now. It's produced well and gets interesting. The reviews I've read say the story kind of slumps starting in the middle of the series.

Also want to remind people that two seasons of Cobra Kai are out now on Netflix, having migrated from YouTube. Can't wait for season 3. Strike first Strike hard No mercy!

My favorite Cobra Kai deleted scene: https://youtu.be/QURu5v3sU2k
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Aaaannnddd....I am done with "Away". Very, very slow moving and boring as hell. DNR.
TOS
getting really tired of lovecraft country ... it's beautifully shot, wonderfully acted but goddam those jj abrams mystery boxes, i'm so goddam sick of that guy

re-watching watchmen instead, it's worlds better

also going through derry girls, which is both hilarious and sweet, with occasional very moving moments
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Yeah, the last Lovecraft episode... I don't even know what happened. It barely kept my attention. Still beautiful, still great music. It reminds me a bit of ST:TOS in its episodic nature, but it generally feels way too disjointed.

Watched the new Perry Mason the other week. I didn't think I'd be into it, and the plot was a little goofy, but I ended up really enjoying it.
Just gotta chime in and say that Dark is turning out to be the best show I've ever seen, as good as The Prisoner (but not as campy), and if you are into intellectual psychological metaphysic blatherskite and aren't watching this, you should be.
The Duchess (eMule, Netflix) So so comedy about a self centred single mom in London. Katherine Ryan has done better work. A better series featuring ex-pat Canadian comedians in the U.K. is "Feel Good" (Ch4, Netflix, eMule) Which I highly recommend.
Metacell posted:
Just gotta chime in and say that Dark is turning out to be the best show I've ever seen, as good as The Prisoner (but not as campy), and if you are into intellectual psychological metaphysic blatherskite and aren't watching this, you should be.

Not heard of this, but that's not my usual genre. What's it playing on?
justine posted:
Metacell posted:

Not heard of this, but that's not my usual genre. What's it playing on?

It's a German show (dubbed) on Netflix. Ja, it's very German...existential stuff but focuses on intimate family relationships throughout its reality-warping context. The cast and crew put everything into it.
Thanks for the info!
Finished up the first season of Away.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37