What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30
Online now: Google [Bot]
Séamas Honorary Consul General
The Crown (season 3)

I watched two episodes.
Mostly a new cast this season--as the characters are now 15 years or so older than the first season.
I'm not as impressed by Olivia Colman as I was by Claire Foy, but I think that would extend to the character as well, where the Queen has definitely grown into her title and seems to have lost any degree of happiness. That said, she manages to be oddly sympathetic.
I think Tobias Menzies does a good job with Prince Phillip, who I think plays the part as he pretty much is perceived--an upperclass elitist prick. The previous actor played this up as well, but also showed him to be somewhat brave/dashing when a young man.

Now I think Helena Bonham Carter was just plain awful selection for princess Margaret. She's fine enough of an actress I guess, but I think she was brought on because of flagging viewership during the second season (which I found less and less interesting as the season went on)
justine Elitist Beer Lover
I binged the second season of The Sinner. The first season was better, but this season is good, too. Can't wait for a third.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Old Westerns.
The tv in the waiting room has found it's way to the insp channel, where they play '60s and '70s westerns all day. Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, The High Chaparral, The Virginian, and Bonanza between 08:00 and 17:00 every day.
I'm kinda enjoying them.
One thing is by watching these, you understand better what Roddenberry meant when he pitched "Wagon Train to the Stars" to Desilu. How the tropes, characters and plots are pretty much interchangeable between them all. Also the actors. Not just Nimoy on Gunsmoke, I've seen at least a half dozen ST-TOS "also starring" and "with" actors on these shows. Klingon Commander Kor, The green girl from The Cage/The Menagerie, the Captain from the Nazi planet. It's just kinda fun recognizing these faces.
Big Train (1998) eMule, BBC Two. Brit-com sketch show by the creator of Father Ted. A young Simon Pegg is in it.

The Good Place Season 4. well they are getting through the story, not much further they can possibly snowball so i can't see another season in the works.
macnuke Afar
binging thru Blacklist.
jkahless Custom Title
Just finished Killing Eve season 2. OK, not amazing like season one, they were really stretching credibility with the plot. I'm going to pretend it just ended, and not watch them try to tell the same story a third time.
jkahless posted:
Just finished Killing Eve season 2. OK, not amazing like season one, they were really stretching credibility with the plot. I'm going to pretend it just ended, and not watch them try to tell the same story a third time.

Yes. It didn't even need the second season.
Everything and Nothing (BBC4, eMule) A two part documentary on Quantum science and the big bang etc. Familiar ground for science documentary buffs but a very engaging scientist-presenter, Jim Al-Khalili.
jkahless Custom Title
Ribtor posted:
jkahless posted:

Yes. It didn't even need the second season.

Agreed. The actors deserved better. It's one of the things that endears me to Mr Robot.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30