What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
Online now: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], maurvir
What We Do In The Shadows (eMule, FX) Fake reality documentary about vampires. The jokes are obvious but with Matt Berry even the obvious works. "Bat!!!"
jkahless Custom Title
I was impressed with that adaptation. It’s very difficult to get haltingly awkward pacing right without falling down the Gervais chasm of cringe.

Though Matt Berry is always a delight of a uncouth woman in whatever he does. I’ve never laughed so hard at one man saying “yes” repeatedly in the exact same tone as in that ToL cold open.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Bubblegum Crisis

I'm watching this for the first time, and I can't believe it took me this long to watch this amazing anime series from the late 80s. Cyberpunk, robot-suits, orbital particle beams, great music.

By the way, the main character is called Priss and she's in a band called The Replicants. Somebody liked Blade Runner a lot.

WARNING: There's gratuitous nudity. I'm not complaining, just saying you may not want to watch it around young kids. There's very little anyway, like maybe 6 seconds in 3 episodes (that's all I've watched).
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
I remember watching Bubble-Gum Crisis around 199-something on PBS thinking it was so cutting edge. This was Pre-Adult Swim.
jkahless posted:
I’ve never laughed so hard at one man saying “yes” repeatedly in the exact same tone as in that ToL cold open.

Maybe Clem Fandango couldn't hear him.
jkahless Custom Title
Ribtor posted:
jkahless posted:
I’ve never laughed so hard at one man saying “yes” repeatedly in the exact same tone as in that ToL cold open.

Maybe Clem Fandango couldn't hear him.

I know who that is, Clem Fandango.
dv
Started watching The Boys last weekend. Neat premise, scenery-chewing bad guys. Liking it.
Another Life

Katee Sackhoff is back in space! :D

Quote:
Another Life follows the story of an astronaut and a space crew, who are on a mission to investigate the origins of an alien artifact that mysteriously appeared on Earth.

**edit**

I hate to say this

4 episodes in... not good, bad writing, bad directing... *sigh*

:(

damn it, I really wanted to like it

but I'm a stubborn geek, so I'm gonna stick with it and hope that it gets better.

there was a glimmer of hope that it could get good at the end of ep 4, but it could be just me wishful thinking...

uhm... at least the special effects are good... *sigh*
Kidding

Quote:
Jim Carrey as Jeff Piccirillo, a television personality who has performed as "Jeff Pickles" on his longtime children's television program Mr. Pickles' Puppet Time on PBS for thirty years. Following the death of one of his sons, he finds great difficulty in adapting to the hardships of life.

Watched the first two episodes. Never mind the name or the star of the show. It's not comedy. I still want to watch some more but I'm still not sure where it's going.

Uhm... comedians are great at playing creepy characters.
ukimalefu posted:
Another Life

Katee Sackhoff is back in space! :D

Quote:
Another Life follows the story of an astronaut and a space crew, who are on a mission to investigate the origins of an alien artifact that mysteriously appeared on Earth.

**edit**

I hate to say this

4 episodes in... not good, bad writing, bad directing... *sigh*

I agree. I was not able to get through the first episode.
macnuke Afar
dv posted:
Started watching The Boys last weekend. Neat premise, scenery-chewing bad guys. Liking it.

I have watched all of season 1. I liked it.
Horatio Hornblower (eMule, A&E, ITV) A series of eight heavily idealised stories about the adventures a young Royal Navy Midshipman during the late 18th century wars with France and Spain. Fun. Stars Ioan Gruffudd.
Yori Program
Life on Mars (Blu-ray)
Yori posted:
Life on Mars (Blu-ray)

British or american version?

I've only seen the american version. I loved it.
Yori Program
Original version. The US version was OK, mostly (Harvey Keitel made quite a good Gene Hunt) but I hated the way they ended it. The UK version, and its sequel Ashes to Ashes, is definitely worth a watch.
Testament (eMule, Channel 4) A 1988 seven part documentary series on the origins of the bible. Presented by John Romer. Highly watchable and recommended.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

What TV series are you currently watching?

Page: 1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28