Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Online now: Google [Bot]
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
But wait, there's more!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live- ... le-1212749

Quote:
George R.R. Martin has said there are three prequels still in the mix, two in the script stage and the third a pilot to be filmed this summer. Is that accurate? Can you clarify which are the two scripts that are still active? (Bryan Cogman has said his prequel script is dead.)

I am not clarifying anything other than yes, we shoot the first pilot in June. There are two more in development and beyond that, there's nothing else to report.

You've got the pilot and two other scripts in the works. What plans do you have at the moment to put other projects into development? Or are you waiting to see what happens with the other two scripts?

There are no plans currently to put anything more in development. We're not actively looking or going beyond what we've got in the current pilot.

If both of those scripts come in well and the pilot does, too, do you do three more Game of Thrones shows?

(Laughs) All theoretical and all high-class problems! Who knows?! I'm not ruling it in, and I'm not ruling it out! I'm trying my best not to give you definitive answers to fuel speculation.

Given the tremendous interest to do more — not just volume for WarnerMedia but of your crown jewel — what's the current timeline for the next Game of Thrones original series?

We're shooting the pilot in June, you can do the math and figure out when it would be on the air. What I'm not doing is working backwards by saying, "This has to be on the air by this date." We want to do the best show possible. This is a pilot, so we're doing it the old-fashioned way, which is shooting a pilot. My expectation is it will be great and we'll move forward and it'll move along on a regular TV timetable. I don't want to speculate any dates.

user Stupid cockwomble
The word is that they are not using any of the current actors for any spin-offs. I think Maise is ready to move on anyway.
user posted:
The word is that they are not using any of the current actors for any spin-offs. I think Maise is ready to move on anyway.

For some reason I think she can be really funny and should do comedy.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
Do you really want to trust a team that did the literary/cinema version of this:

Huh. THREE prequels?

I guess that the Hollywood Reporter writer of that article isn't a reader otherwise s/he (Lesley is a somewhat gender-ambigous name, but I suppose nowadays ALL of them are) would have known about GRR Martin's:

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms which takes place nearly a century before the start of GoT. I wrote a review here. As I wrote: it is a pleasant read and I do recommend it. Martin said that he planned to write more stories involving this book's main characters, perhaps publishing them in various magazines before collecting them into a subsequent anthology.

Fire & Blood: 300 Years Before A Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) (A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1). Basically a history telling the tale of how the Targaryens took over Westeros with subsequent book(s? I believe this was to be a two-book series) telling about the Targaryens ruling over Westeros until competing branches of the family broke out in civil war (so "A Knight" above could be considered a continuation except for moving the focus away from the Targaryens exclusively). I have not read this but I do plan on getting it, although I might consider waiting until at least book 2 has been published AND upon the word from Martin that this "A Song of Ice and Fire" ends with book 2.

Hang on: why is THIS book subtitled "A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1"? Wasn't THAT the subtitle for the novel "A Game of Thrones", or does Martin plan on doing a renumbering thing like what George Lucas did with the Star Wars movies? Or perhaps THIS prequel series will be re-subtitled as "A Song of Fire and Blood"?

The third thing is a proposed book series (currently untitled for the public) involving characters from the legendary past of Westeros from about a thousand years before GoT including Bran the Builder who built the Wall. Likely if this TV production is successful then Martin will bypass the book publication route.
One Second From Every Episode of Game of Thrones

Some would say this isn't necessary but, SPOILER WARNING!
TOS
rumours abound that two of the spin-offs are on hold following the reception of season 8, while disney is supposedly having second thoughts about their star wars trilogy
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Leslie Jones and Seth Myers watch the GOT finale.
Funny

https://youtu.be/IHMDkbElSTY
user Stupid cockwomble
I've been thinking that Snow demonstrated that he wasn't kingly - a real king would have found someone else to do the deed instead gallumping up himself.

And yes, Ned was an idiot, too.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]

Fire & Blood: 300 Years Before A Game of Thrones (A Targaryen History) (A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1).

[snip]

Hang on: why is THIS book subtitled "A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1"? Wasn't THAT the subtitle for the novel "A Game of Thrones", or does Martin plan on doing a renumbering thing like what George Lucas did with the Star Wars movies? Or perhaps THIS prequel series will be re-subtitled as "A Song of Fire and Blood"?
[snip]

I did get Fire & Blood over this past weekend. Apparently that weird extended title is ONLY an artifact created by someone at Amazon.com because in that book itself there is no "A Song of Ice and Fire" subtitle. On the title page and the copyright page there is no subtitle at all.

Oddly the "Knight" book is NOT listed in the column titled "By George R. R. Martin" opposite the title page. Knight was published by Bantam Books, so being published by a rival book publisher was not the reason for this omission.
macnuke Afar
star wars did it. so precedence.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, Ned and Catelyn didn't make the cut?
user Stupid cockwomble
they made the "cut" already
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user Stupid cockwomble
I hate to say it - but what the hell is Mormont holding up to his lips?

Like that Joffery is red-eyed and bleeding.
user posted:
I hate to say it - but what the hell is Mormont holding up to his lips?
[snip]

Blowing that pic up I can see that Mormont is holding a single-scoop ice cream atop of one of those flat-bottomed cones though he appears to be holding the cone by its very bottom. Hard to say what the ice cream flavor might be because it closely matches his skin tone, so maybe peanut butter?
Ha. Theon is holding a hot dog.
user posted:
I've been thinking that Snow demonstrated that he wasn't kingly - a real king would have found someone else to do the deed instead gallumping up himself.

And yes, Ned was an idiot, too.

If you pass sentence, you swing the sword. #theoldway
Did anyone watch "Game of Thrones: The Last Watch"?

It is a two-hour documentary showing some of the behind the scenes work that went into creating the last season of GoT which was aired the week following the last episode.

For me, it was also kinda boring. I haven't been able to watch all of this after two attempts without falling asleep midway. I haven't seen the last half-hour or so, but I'm not sure if I will bother.

In any case, early on in this program there is a table read with most (if not all) of the actors sitting around a HUGE table doing a table read of a summary of the last season with only some parts read by the respective actors with all of the action being read by a narrator.

It should be noted that there were some changes between this table read and what got onto the screen, most notably the end. We get to watch as Kit Harrington is shocked and dismayed glancing up across the table at Emilia Clarke while the narrator read the mostly dialogueless scene in front of the Iron Throne (also Clarke sort of comically sinks down into her chair as the narrator tells how Danerys "collapses to the marble").

But at the end of this scene the reader says: "End of 'Game of Thrones'."

Really? THAT was going to be the end of the series?

While that would have been a particularly dramatic moment to place the ending IF GoT were simply the love story between Danerys and Jon, it would have left a host of important unanswered questions especially for a political drama.

I suppose that some might argue that perhaps there was an edit just before that last announcement which left out parts which did get onscreen, but I don't think so.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
DEyncourt posted:
Did anyone watch "Game of Thrones: The Last Watch"?

It is a two-hour documentary showing some of the behind the scenes work that went into creating the last season of GoT which was aired the week following the last episode.

For me, it was also kinda boring. I haven't been able to watch all of this after two attempts without falling asleep midway. I haven't seen the last half-hour or so, but I'm not sure if I will bother.

It was totally boring. There was no narrative. Just a bunch or loosely or non-connected scenes about really nothing.
user Stupid cockwomble
They spent a little too much time on some people. Wish Dinklage would have been willing to speak to them.
dv
user posted:
They spent a little too much time on some people. Wish Dinklage would have been willing to speak to them.

Was he unwilling? It seems like that was deliberate:

https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thrones ... ie-finlay/
user Stupid cockwomble
The toss-off line, "there's a camera crew behind me", could have been read as less friendly.

I could see that they were going to the unsung, but I began to wonder at some of the camera time.
DEyncourt posted:
[snip]
Beyond those, Grand Maester Samwell? While scarcely explained in the TV series, in the books GRR Martin spent paragraphs explaining how a maester could spend years learning a specific craft such as medicine or metallurgy, with only SOME maesters going on to learn a specific list of several crafts to eventually earn the title of grand maester.

I guess I should have added here: A grand maester may require several decades to earn that title.
Quote:
Perhaps it could have been explained that the representative from the Citadel (where the maesters have their library) is traditionally given the title "Grand Maester" when seated on the high council, but given how Samwell respected the hierarchy of learning of the Citadel I think that the time could have been devoted to Samwell deferring by saying something like: "I do not like that title because -I- do not deserve it. Perhaps in public you must refer to me as 'Grand Maester Samwell', but in the privacy of the council please just call me 'Sam'."
[snip]

There could have been a follow-up scene showing how the Westerosi council had spent many hours hashing over the details of taxation and governing, marked by the number of empty wine bottles surrounding them. As the Hand of the King, Tyrion announces to all: "Well, quite frankly, that has been MORE than enough for today. You each have your list of proposals but I DO require that any proposal will require SOMETHING which will help pay for that particular project. You may all go...but Grand Maester? A word please."

After making sure everyone else had left, Samwell turns to Tyrion and begins with, "Please, Tyrio...."

"Lord Tyrion, if you please, Grand Maester." Tyrion pauses to look down and heave a sigh, then looks up with a plea on his face, "Grand Maester, while I can appreciate your honesty, you MUST recognize that we are now in a completely different situation. TITLES MATTER. If used properly, they can command respect even when there is little reason for anyone to give that titled person ANY respect. Or lose it. Please believe me as the one who was called 'the Imp' for many years."

"Tyr...um, LORD Tyrion, I DO understand," Samwell replies. "But one of the lessons that my father taught me was that one MUST respect one's self first of all. Please believe ME as the son who was sent away to Castle Black." He pauses to look away in shame, "I may live past a century but I will always be reminded of THAT. And I can hardly understand why it was that the Citadel chose ME to serve as Grand Maester...."

"Because you earned the trust and respect of our King Bran. I have heard the tale now."

"Oh." Samwell considers, "That was true, but I am sure that anyone would have...."

"Nonsense. Grand Maester, YOU were the one who helped Bran through the Wall. YOU helped him become the Three-Eyed Raven. You may have your own self-doubts, but believe me our world would have had a different outcome had practically anyone else been there."

"Oh." Samwell sits down in a chair with a thump.

Patting Samwell on his shoulder, Tyrion breaks into a grin, "But as I said before, enough business. Grand Maester, care to join me for some of the finer Dornish vintages instead of this swill we had been served?"

"Oh? I thought the wine was perfectly fine."

"Believe me, my inexperienced young friend, THAT wine was swill because it practically stops people from drinking too much. Let me show you...", Tyrion's voice fades as he leads Samwell through the door.
dv
Fanfiction never makes anything better.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams Used to Make Out on the ‘Game of Thrones’ Set

Quote:
“On the set we would kind of do the scene and then kiss each other in the middle of the scene and see if anyone would react.” Unfortunately, that didn’t quite generate the reaction she and Williams were hoping for. “It’s Game of Thrones, so incest is so normal that they were just like, ‘Okay. That’s fine,'” recalled the actress. “It was probably the most tame thing that happened on the show, actually.”
“Yeah, but you know, sometimes you just want to make out with your best friend,” said the Dark Phoenix star.
https://decider.com/2019/06/07/sophie-t ... f-thrones/

maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
DukeofNuke posted:
Sophie Turner and Maisie Williams Used to Make Out on the ‘Game of Thrones’ Set

Quote:
“On the set we would kind of do the scene and then kiss each other in the middle of the scene and see if anyone would react.” Unfortunately, that didn’t quite generate the reaction she and Williams were hoping for. “It’s Game of Thrones, so incest is so normal that they were just like, ‘Okay. That’s fine,'” recalled the actress. “It was probably the most tame thing that happened on the show, actually.”
“Yeah, but you know, sometimes you just want to make out with your best friend,” said the Dark Phoenix star.
https://decider.com/2019/06/07/sophie-t ... f-thrones/

Those two are pure awesome. :love:
TOS
rumour has it maisie isn't getting roles because she refuses to do the casting couch
user Stupid cockwomble
I'd be surprised if anyone would try that with Arya.

Wait, Sophie's been doing fine.....
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24