Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
Oh yeah, haven't seen much of that kid. Isn't he about ten years old? Wouldn't an adult queen have more power than someone that young? Cerci ought to be happy.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
DukeofNuke posted:
"Thank you for killing Joffery" ?

Isn't that what everybody wanted?
ukimalefu posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
"Thank you for killing Joffery" ?

Isn't that what everybody wanted?

Except Joffrey’s been dead for years... Storm of Swords (Which I thing would be better titled “Holy human waste, Almost Everyone Dies in A Hideously Painful Manner”) was published in 2000 :D

I saw this and giggled a lot, so I thought I would share it.

Last edited by Warin on Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:07 am.

user Stupid cockwomble
This discussion isn't directed to people who have already read the books. This is about the TV series as it unfolds.

Gandalf is still dead.
shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup

nospoilersnospoilersnospoilersnospoilersnospoilers

yeah, I should read the books, and I want to

I said shut up
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Jesus, GoT book people.

:squint:

(And while I don't think that's actually Martin's twitter handle, he did write the episode itself.)
Anyone stupid enough to venture into this thread with an expectation of no spoilers deserves everything they get. I am looking at you, Uki.
user Stupid cockwomble
Just tag it, ok? And mention if it's book related.

The title of the thread is "Season 4". If want to engage in open book discussion, start another thread, please. I have copies of all of the books but have chosen to not read them at this time.
Yeah, nothing about this thread title suggests it's about the books.
user Stupid cockwomble
Especially the F'ing part.
Warin posted:
Anyone stupid enough to venture into this thread with an expectation of no spoilers deserves everything they get. I am looking at you, Uki.

but... isn't this for the tv show...? it says 4th season...

I know, I know.
Ok, so, two episodes so far this season and... no sex yet. I think it used to be every other episode.

Hey, it's GoT, on HBO.
There was almost sex in the first one but the stupid Lannisters singing rains of castamere ruined it
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
The whole "Dorne = Mexico" thing is a bit heavy-handed.
i didn't get that
DukeofNuke posted:

Me either. It’s more Dorne = Spain.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Warin posted:
DukeofNuke posted:

Me either. It’s more Dorne = Spain.

Well, ok. Spain then. (except where Spain is across the ocean and Mexico is to the south.)

Yeah, i see it; more like Spain than Mexico; agreed. But still a bit heavy-handed.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Grrm is not exactly subtle
HOLY fiddlesticks. Jaime just banged his sister on the floor beside the bier his dead son is laying in state on. HOLY fiddlesticks.
dv
Well, we are kinda supposed to hate him.
user Stupid cockwomble
Gotta keep the line going somehow.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
"The things I do for love."
user Stupid cockwomble
She's a bad influence on him.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Oh, yeah. She has manipulated him from day one.
That scene is being described as rape in many online discussions and has certain people very upset.

I keep seeing it described as being 'bad' ("rape culture," etc. etc.) because it's not in the book. I can't possibly see how that matters, but apparently the book is simply ambiguous...it starts out forced then turns to consensual. This seems more believable.

I think many are just angry that the character they adored for whatever reason demonstrated once again that he's an uncouth individual.

user Stupid cockwomble
That's why I said she's a bad influence.

Wonder if he's going to hookup with Lady Mountain?
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I don't understand why people are now getting upset. But the episode served as a good reminder that the characters viewers have come to like are still brutish bastards. In the first season we saw Jamie Lannister banging his sister and then pushing a Stark kid off a wall to what should have been his death. Now he rapes his sister -- and it hasn't been the first time someone's been raped in this show. The Hound is still imposing his thuggish might on people, this time on people we ought to be more sympathetic to. Ygritte, still and always a wildling, without compunction shoots up and kills villagers, this time in allieance with cannibals. Littlefinger kills a helpful knight. This is a world where might makes right.

edit: oh yeah, Danaerys Targaryan -- raped on her wedding night.
user Stupid cockwomble
Fricken READERS.
Robert B. posted:
I don't understand why people are now getting upset. But the episode served as a good reminder that the characters viewers have come to like are still brutish bastards. In the first season we saw Jamie Lannister banging his sister and then pushing a Stark kid off a wall to what should have been his death. Now he rapes his sister -- and it hasn't been the first time someone's been raped in this show. The Hound is still imposing his thuggish might on people, this time on people we ought to be more sympathetic to. Ygritte, still and always a wildling, without compunction shoots up and kills villagers, this time in allieance with cannibals. Littlefinger kills a helpful knight. This is a world where might makes right.

edit: oh yeah, Danaerys Targaryan -- raped on her wedding night.

People are wasted off because Martin wrote that scene as a consensual act between Cersei and Jaime... and the producers turned it into a rape. It’s not upset at a rape, it’s upset at changing an important plot point... turning Cersei into something of a victim, rather than showing her as the stick fiddled up manipulator that she is.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Warin posted:
People are wasted off because Martin wrote that scene as a consensual act between Cersei and Jaime... and the producers turned it into a rape. It’s not upset at a rape, it’s upset at changing an important plot point... turning Cersei into something of a victim, rather than showing her as the stick fiddled up manipulator that she is.

That it's an important plot point in the book for developing something upcoming makes more sense to me, but that's not what constitutes the outraged response that I've been reading.
Of course, as I understand it several events leading up to that scene were different, including Jaime's presence in King's Landing at all prior to. And I see a lot of confused complaining that the scene both sullied Jaime and something-something glamorized/promoted rape (because rape must only happen in real life and not in fiction because rape in fiction is supposedly meant to titillate and further 'rape culture,' or something).
Consensual sex between twins = not controversial
macnuke Afar
user Stupid cockwomble
Game Of Thrones Hand Of The King USB Stick
Been seeing lots of stuff based on that pin.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ok, that last episode; did ANY of that happen in the books?
Jamie sending Breann to look for Sansa, yeah, but;
Littlefinger cluing Sansa in on his involvement in Joffery's murder, Margaery's midnight visit to Tommen, Bran's capture at Kraster's Keep, Jon planning a raid on Kraster's to kill the rebels, and those new creatures,...
NONE of that is in the book.
I think the tv show is diverging so far from the books now that by next season the books won't even provide an outline of the story on tv.
I thought those were just whitewalkers
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Maybe "The Others" and "Whitewalkers" are different things after all?
DukeofNuke posted:
Ok, that last episode; did ANY of that happen in the books?
Jamie sending Breann to look for Sansa, yeah, but;
Littlefinger cluing Sansa in on his involvement in Joffery's murder, Margaery's midnight visit to Tommen, Bran's capture at Kraster's Keep, Jon planning a raid on Kraster's to kill the rebels, and those new creatures,...
NONE of that is in the book.
I think the tv show is diverging so far from the books now that by next season the books won't even provide an outline of the story on tv.

Yeah. I was pretty amazed at how off things are this season, but that episode takes the cake. Not the mention the Vargo Hoat character that Locke is based on is supposed to be dead by now, that Jon NEVER found out about Bran's existence from Sam and now he's about to go save him, and that Jaime never even arrived in Kings Landing until after Joffrey died. A Craster's ritual with newborn males is always a mystery in the books, so, it bugs me that the show decided to make up what happens and tell us.
StaticAge posted:
[snip]
A Craster's ritual with newborn males is always a mystery in the books, so, it bugs me that the show decided to make up what happens and tell us.

Well, the HBO series only shows viewers a tiny bit more of what happens after the Others/White Walkers take away one of Craster's infant sons, so if one is a fervent reader who has avoided the HBO series in order to...um, not pollute GRRMartin's original vision--which would be ignoring his intimate writing connection with the series--then such a reader who has read all of the books so far now knows less that a watcher of the series (who also knows about Littlefinger's and Olenna Tyrell's involvement with Joffrey's murder which basically remains unsolved in the books except for some people being convinced that Tyrion somehow was involved).

About Jon Snow rescuing his half-brother Bran: it may be that he and the Reeds and Hodor along with the dire wolves will get free before Jon Snow gets to Craster's Keep. My guess is that such would involve a vision from Bran, probably requiring one or both wolves. ADD: or Hodor (which the makers gave away with this week's "[p]review"). You would think that one of Craster's women would have mentioned those high-born captives to Jon at some point since those women were basically treated as slaves by the Black Watch renegades and thus would have done all of the scut work involving those captives.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24