Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Online now: Google [Bot]
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I'll probably be dead by then.
ukimalefu Rebel? resistance? why not both?
Robert B. posted:
I'll probably be dead by then.

we'll find the red witch to bring you back so you can watch it
user Stupid cockwomble
That thing he does with his mouth.
So I just started to watch this show last month and just finished up with it and I am disappointed at how the series developed mid-to end seasons. 100% the show show was great for the first few seasons, always throwing curveballs and plot twist which were unexpected. However around the 4th season the show was like any other scripted series, predictable. The last 2 or 3 seasons I could already tell the plot of that episode before it unfolded and was quite boring, the only reason why I continued to watch was due to all the time I already invested watching it. So idk why this show has such a hype train considering how to me it from great to blah.
Yori Program
macnuke Afar
they missed out on Gendry... when it needs to be delivered fast.
Speaking of Gendry: called it AGAIN! Well, maybe....

"WILL GAME OF THRONES END WITH GENDRY ON THE IRON THRONE?"
Quote:
Joe Dempsie, who plays the dark-haired blacksmith with the magical king’s blood, told Digital Spy (in an interview we heard about at The A.V. Club), that even though he wasn’t sure he would ever return to the series at all, we are probably going to see a lot of him in the eighth and final season since he has been filming “a fair bit” for the last six episodes. “I’ve done well out of it this year, for sure,” he said, although he added that doesn’t guarantee he lives.

[links not added]

user Stupid cockwomble
That would settle tensions all around.
Tor Books has announced that they will be publishing on November 20th Martin's "Fire & Blood". This is another PREQUEL to "A Song of Ice and Fire": the events covered chronologically predate that book and the TV series by about 300 years.

It should be noted that this is PART ONE of two books mostly on House Targaryen, BUT the publication of that second book will follow the completion of "Song".

Yeah, yeah--George R. R. is just stick fiddling with us. Will part two be published by 2040 (if that soon)?
user Stupid cockwomble
HBO has greenlit the pilot for a prequel series for Game of Thrones.

The announced date for airing will be the year AFTER the finale for Game of Thrones, so sometime in 2020.

The setting will be in Westeros' Age of Heroes--so some 10,000 years previous to time of Game of Thrones--and will detail the stories of Bran the Builder (founder of House Stark and builder of The Wall) among other legendary figures.
macnuke Afar
Winterfell looks like a guess who's coming to dinner now.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
An episode of reunions and introductions.
I can't wait to hear what Jamie and Bran have to say to each other.
macnuke Afar
they will be the least of worries.... Bran will say Jaimie only started him on his path to be 3 eyed.
all good there.

I am wondering if she'll bend the knee as easy as he did.
not both... just one. ;)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Bombshell reveal:

Kit Harrington:
It’s quite unique as an actor to say I was in it the whole way through, from season 1, or even the pilot, through season 8. I think there are only eight of us.

https://www.esquire.com/entertainment/t ... n=16584816

Hmmm. Let the speculation begin!
Can we still make a poll for this thread?
user Stupid cockwomble
Will Theon Greyjoy get laid?

a. yes

b. no

macnuke Afar
user posted:
Will Theon Greyjoy get laid?

a. yes

b. no

depends on your point of view... Did Greyworm get laid? ;)
justine Elitist Beer Lover
So, i've never seen a single episode of this show, but i DID see a spoiler online yesterday. If it wasn't a setup, like a fake spoiler, then that actress i saw isis a dumbass. Her name is Maisie something. I don't know if the even has past yet (i think she said episode 2), so if you watch, then don't look for the spoiler. They said it was a major spoiler, and judging by the reactions when it came out, it was a major spoiler.
macnuke Afar
she was on a talk show and said she was ended in the second episode.

on april fools day.
and laughed at everyone

then again, George RR ain't afraid to kill anyone at anytime.
user Stupid cockwomble
RR might TRY to kill Arya.
justine Elitist Beer Lover
macnuke posted:
she was on a talk show and said she was ended in the second episode.

on april fools day.
and laughed at everyone

then again, George RR ain't afraid to kill anyone at anytime.

I saw the clip and thought it was kind of a stupid slip if it was true. Thanks for clarifying.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
the show is worth watching just for her story arc
user Stupid cockwomble
All seasons available on HBO NOW.
user Stupid cockwomble
The nice thing about about NOW is that you can subscribe for your streaming device just to watch Thrones and then drop it whenever you are through. Been doing that for the last few seasons.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
The nice thing about about NOW is that you can subscribe for your streaming device just to watch Thrones and then drop it whenever you are through. Been doing that for the last few seasons.

You can't do that through the cable/ sat provider?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
SO! ...

Couldn't Tyrion have whipped up some Wildfire? Yeah, they've got dragons, but obviously you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket. Yeah, Tyrion doesn't have the recipe himself but it seems like something he would have thought of when they were in Kings Landing for the summit; he could have kidnapped a Pyromancer ...

I'm digging the whole 'Dominatrix' vibe of Sansa's outfit. I think last night was the first time I've seen it without a big cloak about the shoulders. All sharp black lines and pointy shoulders; an amazing contrast to Daenerys' soft white fur.

You think Arya looked, I don't know, a little disappointed with Gendry? ...
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:
user posted:

You can't do that through the cable/ sat provider?

Probably. Haven't had cable for years.
DukeofNuke posted:
SO! ...

Couldn't Tyrion have whipped up some Wildfire? Yeah, they've got dragons, but obviously you don't want to put all your eggs in one basket. Yeah, Tyrion doesn't have the recipe himself but it seems like something he would have thought of when they were in Kings Landing for the summit; he could have kidnapped a Pyromancer ...

It's a nice idea but the whole idea of wildfire was basically a one-off situation. Imagine a medieval city being underlaid with tons of the stuff and even with considerable precautions King's Landing was just one small accident from the whole town going up in ashes (and wasn't that one idea that Mad King Aerys Targaryen had--if I cannot hold the Iron Throne then NO ONE will sit in it--just before Jamie Lannister killed him?).
Quote:
I'm digging the whole 'Dominatrix' vibe of Sansa's outfit. I think last night was the first time I've seen it without a big cloak about the shoulders. All sharp black lines and pointy shoulders; an amazing contrast to Daenerys' soft white fur.

I think it is more that Sansa has gotten used to being in charge rather than the female (more-or-less) victim who role-played the heroines in the romances she read or in the ballads she heard.

AND of course there is the fact that when GoT started filming Sophie Turner was all of 14-15. Over the internal timeline within the story/series the characters should have aged only 3 or 4 years making Sansa around 17-19 after that very rough intervening time, but Turner was actually 22 during filming of that last season and has become a more sophisticated actor especially considering that the X-Men franchise has put her in the crucial role of young Jean Grey / (Dark) Phoenix.

On the other hand, I have pity upon even the modern crew (so much more for the theoretical medieval staff) for the effort they must have gone through to keep Emilia Clarke so very pristine in her white outfit.
Quote:
You think Arya looked, I don't know, a little disappointed with Gendry? ...

:shrug: Probably a more realistic POV given that Arya was likely influenced by those stories that Sansa read/heard even while Arya MOSTLY scoffed at them. Should anyone be surprised that Arya would have been disappointed given the usual romance expectations of first-time sex being a life-altering event?

-----

So last week Neil deGrasse Tyson's "Star Talk" had an interview with George R. R. Martin which was interspersed with commentary from co-hosts and other friends. Tyson said he tried to make astronomical sense of the drastically altering seasons for the world of Westeros and just gave up to get on with the story. Another astronomer said that the ONLY thing that makes sense is that the Westerosi star system is suffering from intervening dust clouds which severely occlude the starshine at irregular times. Any other explanation involving drastically altering the planet's orbit would have the ever-present problem of the planet going into a collision with another planet or into the star itself, or being ejected out of the star system entirely.
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
macnuke Afar
remember tho... you turn her upside down and you get a brunette with bad breath.
macnuke Afar
were'd you learn that?

no one.

spoiler
Just once I'd like to see the "Kill the head vampire/zombie/werewolf/Night King/bad guy and all the others will fall" plan not work.

The exchange between Arya and the Red Woman seemed very disingenuous. Arya: "I know you" — of course you do, you encountered her when she bought Gendry from the Brothers Without Banners and you put her on your murder list. I would've liked to have seen the Red Woman get a less forgiving death.

Jon Snow is kind of a wasteful dragon rider.

I don't think the show writers took full advantage of the horror the waking dead in the crypts could have been. Sansa having to face a reanimated Ned or Catelyn Stark would be pretty traumatizing.
Robert B. posted:
Just once I'd like to see the "Kill the head vampire/zombie/werewolf/Night King/bad guy and all the others will fall" plan not work.

Agreed, but in the case of the carnage in last night's episode it was rather inevitable.
Quote:
[snip]
I would've liked to have seen the Red Woman get a less forgiving death.

Again, agreed, but it was rather sad to see Melisandre quietly walk away as if in recognition that her time had gone (spoiler used as a courtesy to anyone who has not yet seen this week's episode).
Quote:
Jon Snow is kind of a wasteful dragon rider.

Like you would be any better? :)
Quote:
I don't think the show writers took full advantage of the horror the waking dead in the crypts could have been. Sansa having to face a reanimated Ned or Catelyn Stark would be pretty traumatizing.

Sure but Ned Stark's beheading stopped that idea. In the TV series it wasn't exactly clear what happened to Catelyn Stark's body, but in the books it was more-or-less thrown into the river between the Frey's Twins with the rest of the trash following the Red Wedding. This leads to ANOTHER of GRRMartin's unused ideas from the novels of Catelyn Stark being revived by Beric Dondarrion's final act then going on to lead the Brotherhood Without Banners in HER guerilla war against House Frey (spoiler used as a courtesy to those avoiding the books). Either way, her body wasn't in the Stark family crypt in Winterfell.

According to GRRMartin's "rules" for the White Walkers re-animating the dead there has to be SOME level of body integrity for it to be done successfully. The Wildings north of the Wall burned their dead to prevent them from being re-animated, but presumably at some point there is some level of decay which would also prevent the long-dead from being re-animated.

-----

Anyone else want to complain how the low contrast in this past episode was such that I for one saw mostly anonymous dark shapes moving against a slightly darker background?

-----
The following spoiler used as a courtesy for anyone who has not seen this week's episode and to cover MY ideas for the rest of the series.

So...will Arya get full credit for her key kill?

The crows fly out from Winterfell: the king of the White Walkers is dead, and Jaime Lannister is proclaimed the hero who killed him!

He spends a leisurely week making his way down from Winterfell being celebrated as the Man Who Stopped Winter. At King's Landing he is fully welcomed as the hero.

When Cersei finally grabs Jaime away from the crowds and into the private royal chambers, Cersei closes and bars the door then turns with a joyous and lustful smile on face only to be confronted by a smallish young woman: "Who are YO...wait, you are Ned Stark's younger daughter Arlene or something, aren't you?"

With a bow (though her eyes never leave Cersei): "Arya, Your Grace. And I've come to collect the debt that you owe us, the Starks."

Afterwards Arya uses Cersei's blood on Needle to write on the walls: "The NORTH remembers". Below in smaller print there is a short list which ends with:
The Mountain (because somehow he will be involved and will die by Arya's hand).
Queen Cersei

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Anyone else want to complain how the low contrast in this past episode was such that I for one saw mostly anonymous dark shapes moving against a slightly darker background?

Yeah that bothered me too; but ...
https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2019/04/ ... atography/
user Stupid cockwomble
That was quite the stupid battle plan. Use the dragons earlier, folks.

And what the fiddlesticks kind of trap was that? The dickless wonder by himself? I'm not impressed that no one somehow managed to fly in and save the day.

Nice that she got it though. Snow was such a loser.
WIRED has a great analysis of the Winterfell defense plan: https://www.wired.com/story/game-of-thr ... -analysis/
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24