Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
Online now: Google [Bot]
user Stupid cockwomble
Jerome Flynn (Bronn):
“Since the day the battle aired, I’ve been a little unpopular, I have to say. My postman won’t speak to me because I shot the dragon.”

user posted:
Jerome Flynn (Bronn):
“Since the day the battle aired, I’ve been a little unpopular, I have to say. My postman won’t speak to me because I shot the dragon.”

:lol:

We've heard all those stories about soap opera "bad guys" being attacked by their "fans".
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
That dragon deserves to die. And I hope he burns in hell!
TOS
DEyncourt posted:
user posted:
Jerome Flynn (Bronn):

:lol:

We've heard all those stories about soap opera "bad guys" being attacked by their "fans".

the guy who played joffrey got it the worst
TOS
today i read a leaked summary of the next episode and holeeeeeeecrap!!! sounds freaking nuts, man

the ending especially ... wow
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
I watched it already because those in my household wouldn't have been able to refrain from talking about It and spoiling it for me. I won't spoil it here.
TOS
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Well, I didn't expect THAT!
TOS
it's photoshopped so it doesn't count as a spoiler
TOS
Oops! Missed that one.
macnuke Afar
DEyncourt posted:
Oops! Missed that one.

how else did Gendry get back to The Wall in record time.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Ok, so ... this thing with Littlefinger. I have to say I'm disappointed. I wanted him to make it all the way to the end, and have one of those supervillain explanations of his motives. I seem to recall a scene where I got the impression he was working with Varys, but to what end? It just feels to me like Benioff and Weiss couldn't come up with an ending for his story line, and just decided to write him out.
And, Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. And Ned knew this all along (because Lyanna told him Jon's name was Aegon Targaryen) , yet participated in Robert's Rebellion. To rid the land of a tyrant? To build on the deception to protect Jon from Robert? And of course, none of this has anything to do with Tywin's plan to steal the throne from Robert through deception ...

Oh, well ... :shrug:
DukeofNuke posted:
[snip]
And, Jon is A rightful heir to the Iron Throne.
[snip]

FTFY

Of course there are lots of problems with any primogeniture system as had been demonstrated numerous times by OUR own historical examples.

Daenerys has A claim because she is the eldest and only of the KNOWN Targaryens.

Cersei has A claim by being the only KNOWN survivor of the Baratheon line even though her link is only through marriage.

BUT there is also Gendry, Robert Baratheon's unacknowledged bastard via an otherwise unknown woman in King's Landing. We only know of Gendry through Jon Arryn's AND Eddard Stark's tracking Gendry down to check that at least SOME of King Robert's children did NOT have blond hair (unlike Joffrey, Mycella and Tommen) which led to Cersei's pre-emptive strike taking out Eddard before he could proclaim his accusation questioning the parentage of King Robert Jaime and Cersei's children. There is also that GoT "proof" of royal parentage through Melisandre's "red witchcraft" (although there are very few [no?] survivors of those demonstrations aside from Gendry himself). Arguably Gendry could just be a Westerosi family's backing away from making A claim to the throne.

BTW: his name was NOT Gendry Waters (that being the surname given to acknowledged bastard children of the lands in and around King's Landing).

As to Littlefinger: called it even if Arya Stark was merely the instrument to Littlefinger's execution. I was happy with that.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
chikie The same deviled egg
DukeofNuke posted:
Ok, so ... this thing with Littlefinger. I have to say I'm disappointed. I wanted him to make it all the way to the end, and have one of those supervillain explanations of his motives. I seem to recall a scene where I got the impression he was working with Varys, but to what end? It just feels to me like Benioff and Weiss couldn't come up with an ending for his story line, and just decided to write him out.
And, Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne. And Ned knew this all along (because Lyanna told him Jon's name was Aegon Targaryen) , yet participated in Robert's Rebellion. To rid the land of a tyrant? To build on the deception to protect Jon from Robert? And of course, none of this has anything to do with Tywin's plan to steal the throne from Robert through deception ...

Oh, well ... :shrug:

[1] Littlefinger's motives were simple: Chaos is a ladder. He drove the 7 Kingdoms into chaos to enrich himself. No need to waste time with an elaborate monologue. We already knew his motives.

[2]Tower of Joy was after the Battle of the Trident, which was the end of Rhaegar, and the last battle of Robert's Rebellion. He kept Jon's parentage secret for Jon's own safety and to ensure the stability of the realm. He promised Lyanna that he would keep Jon safe. Robert would have killed him otherwise.

user Stupid cockwomble
That's too subtile for Trump, er, Littlefinger.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
DukeofNuke posted:

This article suffers from a lack of imagination.

I think it is pretty obvious that Tyrion made a deal with Cersei, beyond what happened in public. I think that's why he stood in the passageway and looked so miserable.

At first I was worried that Sansa was falling back under Littlefinger's cunning evil. So I was very satisfied at his ignominious defeat and thought it a fitting end that he bled out on the floor of Winterfell.

The hurried speed of travel bothered me a little, but on balance, I think the penultimate season really delivered in pretty much every way.

chikie posted:
[snip]
He kept Jon's parentage secret for Jon's own safety and to ensure the stability of the realm. He promised Lyanna that he would keep Jon safe. Robert would have killed him otherwise.

Also recall from I think the very first GoT episode where King Robert declared to Ned Stark in the Stark crypt under Winterfell that he was STILL in love with Lyanna Stark about a decade-and-a-half following her death. On top of the above Ned was protecting his friend's feelings which would have changed upon the knowledge of the actual parentage of Aegon Targaryen/Jon Snow. Arguably Ned was protecting his own family from Robert's vengeance/jealousy had he become aware of Lyanna's "treachery" which likely would have extended to all of the Starks, but on the other hand their mutual trust and friendship led to Robert naming Ned Hand of the King and look how Ned ended up.

I have these predictions for the last season of GoT: regardless of whether or not Jon Snow survives to learn about his parentage, since he and Auntie Daenerys did the "nasty" aboard that ship heading to Eastwatch that eventually Daenerys will find that she is pregnant. Perhaps ships evacuating what was left of Eastwatch will warn their ship about Eastwatch being overrun by white walkers so their ship will dock at another port along the North's east coast and Daenerys and Jon will make their way to Winterfell instead. There Bran the Three-Eyed Raven will explain to Daenerys that she should NOT try to abort her pregnancy because the reason why Drogo's child was such a monstrosity was that Drogo was NOT closely related to Daenerys, perhaps even declaring that the degree of monstrousness that was Drogo's child was directly related to their remoteness in terms of family. This would make incest among the Targaryens not only reasonable but necessary.

This REALLY should lead to a scene where Daenerys thinks about that reason and realizes that without Jon Snow her only prospect for a healthy birth had been through her brother, Viserys <visibly shudders>.

At some point Jon will use his warging ability to connect with Rhaegal, Daenerys' other remaining dragon. This will be followed by some scene where Daenerys and Jon AND Drogon (the larger female) and Rhaegal (the smaller male) will be shown coupling at the same time (perhaps this point will be declared to be when Daenerys AND Drogon become pregnant).

After this Jon will fly on Rhaegal to battle the Winter King upon his white-walker-altered Viserion. Hmm, maybe Daenerys should have named Viserion after ANOTHER male relative since names have such power in Westeros.

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, where the hell is Ghost?
and, will the series answer the question, Is Tyrion a Targarian, too?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Quote:
Arguably Ned was protecting his own family from Robert's vengeance

There's a scene in E1 where Ned and Robert are having lunch on the road to King's Landing. They are discussing Daenerys and Viserys, and Robert tells Ned he wants to kill all the Targaryens. Ned becomes really uncomfortable, and changes the subject.
When first aired, you might have thought Ned just didn't like all this talk of killing children, but knowing what we know now, his reaction has a whole different aspect.
TOS
i want to show up for a meeting astride a dragon
user Stupid cockwomble
My apologies.
DukeofNuke posted:
Quote:
Arguably Ned was protecting his own family from Robert's vengeance

There's a scene in E1 where Ned and Robert are having lunch on the road to King's Landing. They are discussing Daenerys and Viserys, and Robert tells Ned he wants to kill all the Targaryens. Ned becomes really uncomfortable, and changes the subject.
When first aired, you might have thought Ned just didn't like all this talk of killing children, but knowing what we know now, his reaction has a whole different aspect.

Huh, that IS a good catch. It isn't as if G.R.R. Martin has NEVER telegraphed anything in his stories.
macnuke Afar
remember when Daenerys went after her dragons in the Warlock's keep?
she exits the gate in the great wall to the north side where she sees a tent with Drogo and son in it.

there are tidbits all over the place you catch when you watch again.
so when she went to the Wall.. it wasn't the first time seeing it.

lazy days... watching the series again from S1E1 again. shrug:
DukeofNuke posted:
So, where the hell is Ghost?

Still at Winterfell. Ghost didn't make the trip to Dragonstone as he would have been seen as another weapon for Jon Snow and would have been kept in a pen there.

Also, all of those CGI animations of dragons cost MONEY.
Quote:
and, will the series answer the question, Is Tyrion a Targarian, too?

Well, that was merely the speculation of SOME fans.

Now completely unnecessary, there being only TWO dragons under Daenerys' control, much to the chagrin of those speculators.

And seriously: TYWIN Lannister would have offered his wife even to the mad king Aerys? Most likely he would have simply kept her safely away in Casterly Rock for the duration: "Your Grace, my wife really does travel poorly as much as she might wish to meet you."
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Well, there's this:
Quote:
Daenerys: And my father? Was there some woman he loved better than his queen?

Barristan: Not ... not loved. Mayhaps wanted is a better word, but ... it was only kitchen gossip, the whispers of washerwomen and stableboys ...
Daenerys: I want to know. I never knew my father. I want to know everything about him. The good and ... the rest.
Barristan: As you command. Prince Aerys ... as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord's right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the ... the liberties your father took during the bedding.[9]
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Joanna_Lannister

and then there's this:
Quote:
Tales about Tyrion were spread immediately after his birth; At Oldtown, it was said that Tyrion was a monster, with a tail, monstrous huge head, thick black hair, a beard, an evil eye, lion's claws, with teeth so long he was not able to close his mouth, and both male and female genitals
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tyrion_Lannister

Quote:
Daenerys goes into labor[79] and eventually wakes to find her child was stillborn and misformed,
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Targaryen

iirc, she is told he had scales and a tail.
Sorta like Tyrion
Then, there's the scene where the dragons don't eat Tyrion. and I seem to recall he says he dreamed of dragons.
Anyway, it 's typical GRRM forshadowing
user Stupid cockwomble
Although the stories about Tyrion was BS propagated by Ceirsi. The witch probably also lied about Dany's child.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
There's always room for doubt
DukeofNuke posted:
Well, there's this:
[snip]
Quote:
Tales about Tyrion were spread immediately after his birth; At Oldtown, it was said that Tyrion was a monster, with a tail, monstrous huge head, thick black hair, a beard, an evil eye, lion's claws, with teeth so long he was not able to close his mouth, and both male and female genitals
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Tyrion_Lannister

Quote:
Daenerys goes into labor[79] and eventually wakes to find her child was stillborn and misformed,
http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/House_Targaryen

iirc, she is told he had scales and a tail.
Sorta like Tyrion
Then, there's the scene where the dragons don't eat Tyrion. and I seem to recall he says he dreamed of dragons.
Anyway, it 's typical GRRM forshadowing

EXCEPT that as is evident from both the books and the TV series that Tyrion was NOT seriously malformed from "average" with the sole exception of being a dwarf.

There was that discussion between Oberyn Martell of Dorne and Tyrion in the dungeon under King's Landing during which Oberyn agrees to fight as Tyrion's champion in his trial by combat over King Joffrey's murder by poisoned wine where Oberyn told of his HUGE disappointment--after hearing those rumors about Tyrion--that when as a teen he and his sister(s?) were snuck into Tyrion's chamber at Casterly Rock by Cersei only to see that Tyrion was merely a regular though smallish baby.
The Stark sisters re-united.

A spoiler if you have NOT seen episode 4 or later of the past season.
user Stupid cockwomble
Littlefinger smiles.

Same spoiler warning for the final episode.

Rather enjoyable.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Is there any way to disable spoiler tags?
Personally I think they are unnecessary. The thread is clearly about an ongoing story. I assume members here have the intelligence to self avoid spoilers if so inclined.
user Stupid cockwomble
They missed the Imp "pop-up".
dv
Pariah posted:
I assume members here have the intelligence to...

Are you new here? Who are you and what have you done with Pariah?
UK's Royal Mail to issue commemorative set of "Game of Thrones" stamps:

Apparently the full set will have a total of 15 stamps with the other 5 featuring creatures like dragons (of course) and white walkers. There will also be a booklet which have general info on GoT as a TV series and some character info about those people and the things pictured.
user Stupid cockwomble
Oh, fiddlesticks it, then.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20