Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24
Online now: juice, Metacell, ukimalefu
jkahless Custom Title
I took that more to support my theory.
user Stupid cockwomble
Winterfell has to have it's bastard.
Robert B. Dandy Highwayman
Well, they were married so any kid would not be a bastard.

And maybe that's how the Starks get out of this, as Sansa now holds title as Lady Winterfell and Lady Bolton. House Bolton held physical occupation of Haranhaal, but Petyr Baelish was awarded Haranhaal by King Joffry after the Battle of the Blackwater. They could dispute each other's claim... or they could marry as a matter of strategy. Sansa's been getting a crash education but I don't think she's yet as crafty as Littlefinger.

Last edited by Robert B. on Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:14 pm.

user Stupid cockwomble
troo

Maybe she can claim his lands and men now since he'd already dispatched the competition.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Haranhaal is like that one house one the block that won't sell because it needs too many repairs.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
So, Littlefinger now holds The Vale and Haranhaal. If he can talk Sansa into marrying him, they will control everything from Castle Black to Riverrun and The Twins.
(I really can't wait for Walder Frey to get his. I hope Arya drowns him in a bucket of human waste.)
user Stupid cockwomble
Sansa will use him.
DukeofNuke posted:
Haranhaal is like that one house one the block that won't sell because it needs too many repairs.

Well the castle isn't much to look at and I remember in the first or second season Littlefinger even saying it was haunted, but its land and other holdings ought to have some value.

Pretty much what I've been saying.
Ok, wouldn't it be rad if Ms Stark had employed her friend Hot Pie in serving that dish to Frey? C'mon, you know no Stark could get a crust that crispy without help.
So, basically Sam went to the library.
Robert B. posted:
So, basically Sam went to the library.

You have to understand: Westeros is a pre-printing press world, so even the hundred or so volumes in the library at Castle Black represents a considerable fortune. At his family home at Horn Hill Sam likely only saw perhaps a dozen books--if that--before he was forced to go to Castle Black, so a whole hall devoted to books would be a considerable wonderment for ANY character of that world, much less Sam who likely would despair just at the idea that he would have to spend several lifetimes just to read even a tiny percentage of them.
StaticAge posted:
Ok, wouldn't it be rad if Ms Stark had employed her friend Hot Pie in serving that dish to Frey? C'mon, you know no Stark could get a crust that crispy without help.

I am rather disappointed that Arya didn't get to spend several episodes bedeviling Walder Frey, letting him watch much more of his considerable family brood being slaughtered by a mysterious force.
While I will miss one character and her nude moments, that was a most satisfying installment.
jkahless Custom Title
Farmerkev posted:
While I will miss one character and her nude moments, that was a most satisfying installment.

Eh, Septa Unella wasn't that captivating. But to each their own. ;)
I hope the Red Priestess comes back because she's fuckin' hot.
DEyncourt posted:
StaticAge posted:

I am rather disappointed that Arya didn't get to spend several episodes bedeviling Walder Frey, letting him watch much more of his considerable family brood being slaughtered by a mysterious force.

Well, they had swapped around the leg of the story where Stannis sent Davos to Manderley, and Manderley gets told he has to kill Davos to get his son back and seems to do so before revealing his true loyalty to the North. He had three Freys fostered at his home spying on him and when he gets his son back, Davos is shown to be alive, and its right before Ramsey's marriage to Jeyne Poole (who is pretending to be Arya) and Maderley shows up at the feast with three huge pies and asks the musicians there to play the Rat Cook song about the guy whop baked his enemies into pies. So, Arya's revenge kind of incorporated those elements into the story.

I also am convinced that the very early letter grrm wrote with details of future story lines will develop (either in the show or possibly also in the book) with Sansa siding with Littlefinger instead of the way the first draft had her siding with Lannisters and her pregnancy with Joffery against her family.

user Stupid cockwomble
Farmerkev posted:

Moriarty was pleasant to behold.
Nah, I wanted this scene (perhaps 3 or 4 episodes into season 7 next year): Arya Stark standing over the dying Walder Frey amidst the bloodied and smoldering ruins of the Twins proclaiming: "You wished to see MY family dead. Instead YOUR family will be cease to be from this day forward" as she finishes him with a jab to his crotch.

-----

While this season's finale answered PART of the question of Jon Snow's parents (though I still contend that Eddard Stark appearing with a baby in his arms after failing to rescue his sister Lyanna alive from the Tower of Joy after she had been held there for long enough for a baby to be born would somehow NOT have many tongues wagging in speculation that Lyanna was Jon Snow's mother seems highly doubtful in such a world so dependent upon gossip. Who were the servants in the Tower of Joy IN DORNE who would have been so loyal to the Starks that they would never have told anyone of Lyanna's pregnancy, much less about Jon's birth? Maybe this was part of Eddard's vow to the dying Lyanna: that he had to kill everyone at the Tower of Joy to keep Lyanna's secret? While Howland Reed survived the fight with the Kingsguards defending the Tower of Joy, he at least had considerable loyalty to Eddard so could be trusted to keep the secret, though admittedly killing a number of relative innocents to keep a dead woman's pregnancy secret should have been a considerable strain on that loyalty), the folks on the After the Thrones show threw in this possible kink. After all in Bran's vision within the Tower of Joy he somehow was unable to clearly hear what Lyanna whispered to Eddard, so that show's hosts thought it was possible that Jon Snow's father wasn't Lyanna's kidnapper, Prince Rhaegar, but was his father, the mad King Aeris, perhaps using a Targaryen version of droit de seigneur. This would make Danerys and Jon half-sister and -brother instead of aunt and nephew, but isn't brothers and sisters making out with each other a signature move among the Targaryens?

EDIT: let me add that I employed the spoiler tag only because that section would reveal part of the plot from the season's finale, so if you've watched that then it contains no spoilers.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:24 pm.

I thought it was odd following that scene, which clearly shows (contra young ms Mormont) that Jon does not have Ned Stark's blood flowing through him, that he is proclaimed King in the North and essentially Lord of Winterfell.
Well, clearly Lady Mormont has the hots for Jon.
StaticAge posted:
I thought it was odd following that scene, which clearly shows (contra young ms Mormont) that Jon does not have Ned Stark's blood flowing through him, that he is proclaimed King in the North and essentially Lord of Winterfell.

But that has NOT be shown to any other character in the series aside perhaps from Meera Reed (and only if Bram Stark shared his vision with her during their travels from the weirwood tree, perhaps a half-day's walk to the passage in the Wall to Castle Black), so perhaps that revelation is only a day plus a crow's flight away from Jon Snow.

And in any case Bran's vision merely "corrects" precisely whose Stark's blood is flowing through Jon Snow.

Again, spoiler tag employed here for purposes of not spoiling the finale for any who has not watched that episode yet.
user Stupid cockwomble
That finale was quite poetically done. Very nice.
At this moment, I don't think either Jon or Sansa want to sit on the Iron Throne. I think they both would be content with stability in the north.

Jon could be persuaded by the revelation of his lineage and if Tyrion assured him that he and Danerys would not only be be good for the realm, but necessary to confront the oncoming threat from the north.

Sansa may be wiser but I think Littlefinger could sufficiently poison her against Jon. Then, with Sansa and Littfinger on the throne, Arya could assassinate him. Sansa would then marry Gendry.
user Stupid cockwomble
Jon will be King O da North and will join forces with the Dragon queen after she has wrested the throne from Circie (after an impressive flaming execution) to battle the Whitewalkers.

HotPie will cater the celebration.
macnuke Afar
how did Tyrion not get greyscale when he and Jorah traveled where Jorah got it and Tyrion did not?
perhaps he is immune to it as are all Targaryons immune to it?

and three dragon riders are needed.
Jon, Danerys and Tyrion share blood.
after all, the two dragons perhaps recognized blood when he went into the catacombs and didn't eat him.
I don't think he got touched.
And am I the only one that after hearing the salary increases for several of the main stars see the finale as a cost cutting measure getting rid of so many?
Damn, I'm about as evil and cynical as Cercie.
How does Tyrion share blood with Jon and Daneryus?
Robert B. posted:
How does Tyrion share blood with Jon and Daneryus?

It is fan speculation that Tyrion is different from Cersei and Jamie because his father was NOT Tywin Lannister but a Targaryen somehow.

Yeah, like Tywin would have said: "fiddlesticks my wife, please, Your Highness/Majesty".
No, I don't buy that theory at all.

aside: I just rewatched the season 3 Red Wedding episode. I'll miss Walder Frey. That guy was frickin' hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8_3jXZqyv4
macnuke Afar
user posted:
HotPie will cater the celebration.

HotPie is going to marry Danny. He will woo her with his cuisine and then rule from behind the iron throne, whispering in her ear.
"Game of Thrones Beginner’s Guide: Uncensored (HBO)".

Oh, spoilers galore if you haven't watched to the end of the recently ended last season but you will miss Samuel L. Jackson's uncensored summary of the series.
Did you see where there might only be 13 hours left?
Sooo...people HAVE watched to the end of season 6 by now, yes? Cause now it's time for speculation for the upcoming seasons and aside from relatively minor issues from the books which apparently WILL be left out of the TV series every storyline has passed beyond the books (which--as far as I'm concerned--cannot be reconciled with the TV series not just because of those missing elements but clear and substantial changes in the many storylines).

To begin with: there was Varys performing a version of shuttle diplomacy somehow (and rather impossibly) between Danerys and the Houses Martell and Tyrell by appearing at Sunspear, the capital of Dorne, where the matriarch of the Tyrells had met with the usurping Sand Sisters AND THEN making his way back to (former) Slavers Bay in time to catch the launching of Danerys' fleet, presumably heading to make first landfall of Westeros in Dorne. There is some fan speculation that Varys is a selkie or can shape-change into a dolphin in order to travel across the seas so quickly (me? I just think sloppy storytelling).

Sometime in mid-ocean--perhaps just off the coast from Sunspear?--Danerys' fleet will intercept the fleet led by Euron, King of the Iron Islands. In a quick decapitation move Danerys will use her dragons to kill Euron and sink his ship, leaving the rest of the Iron Islands fleet the choice of joining her (under the leadership of Asha Greyjoy) or be sunk.

During the time Danerys' forces are getting their landlegs back in Dorne, the two smaller though male dragons Viserion and Rhaegal will disappear, last seen flying to the north, leaving Danerys with Drogon, the larger female dragon.

Negotiations and rules of engagement will leave both Dorne and the Reach (Tyrell lands) MOSTLY unscathed from attack from the Dothrakis though obligated to provide support as the collective forces of Dothraki, Dornish troops and the knights of the Reach head northwards with King's Landing being their eventual objective.

In the meantime back in the north, Littlefinger will overplay his hand. Believing that he has convinced Sansa Stark of Jon Snow's seizing of the title of King of the North for himself, Littlefinger will convince a few knights of the Vale to try to assassinate Jon Snow in favor of Sansa being declared Queen of the North for the Stark family (AND with Littlefinger marrying Sansa to the advantage of the Vale). While Littlefinger himself will escape being caught (fleeing to King's Landing eventually), Jon Snow will be badly injured in that attempt on his life. While nursing him back to health, Sansa will reveal that the entire charade of Jon's usurpation was designed to force Littlefinger into action (though with the disappointment that he wasn't captured in the act or killed in the aftermath).

Nearly simultaneously, back north of the wall Meera Reed was slowly moving Bran Stark towards the entrance in the Wall to Castle Black when they are nearly cut off by the Others. While they get rescued by the Night's Watch at Castle Black, Bran Stark is injured and must spend some time recovering.

Both Jon and Bran spend part of their recovery time dreaming of flying. While they may not recognize what they are seeing from the air, they see in succession Sunspear, then King's Landing (with the still smoldering ruins of the Great Sept of Baylor), then the highlands of the Vale, then the swamps of the Neck of Greywater, then finally Winterfell for Jon and Castle Black for Bran. Both are awakened by fearful cries of "DRAGON!" as they each come to the realization that he had been warging one of the dragon's flight from Dorne to Winterfell/Castle Black.

There will be a family reunion at Winterfell with Sansa, Arya, Bran and Jon (Jon will give Arya a dragonride there--w00t!). Appropriately at the godswoods of Winterfell Bran will have a final time-travelling vision where he will learn that Jon's father was mad King Aerys (making Jon Danerys' half-brother and NOT the half-brother of Sansa, Arya and Bran but merely their cousin through their aunt Lyanna). MAYBE (though I don't see how) there will be some explanation of how Eddard Stark could make his claim of being Jon Snow's father stick without there being ANY rumor of Jon Snow being the son of Lyanna Stark and Prince Rhaegar.

The recovery of Bran to Winterfell does place both Sansa and Arya at disadvantages. Westeros being a primogeniture society means that the prime duty for both of them is to get married in some way to the advantage of the Stark family AND depending upon whether or not Bran can sire any children they could also have the responsibility of providing the next Stark (male) heir.

And then in the NEXT season....

EDIT: bah--too many family names to recall properly.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
user Stupid cockwomble
knew that potter was up to no good
So...we are three shows into the new season (reported to be the next-to-last).

Time to re-activate this thread?
macnuke Afar
user Stupid cockwomble
DEyncourt posted:
So...we are three shows into the new season (reported to be the next-to-last).

Time to re-activate this thread?

I was thinking it was the last season.

Although they are moving awfully slow if they're going to have a big whitewalker battle this season.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24