Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24
Online now: Google [Bot], macaddict4life
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Before I start perusing, are people still trying to talk about the books in here...
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
MAKE THEM STOP
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
So, how bout them actors actin out that TV show?
They're evoking emotions that the written word never could.
It's like they speak to me.
You should be happy because at this point of the TV series practically every storyline is off the books, either because of radical plot changes--not just plot- and character-compressions required for any translation from page to screen--or it hasn't been published yet.

Just about the only plot points that remain from the books are:
1) King Tommen is on the Iron Throne,
2) Cersei is captive in the dungeons below the High Sept of King's Landing, and
3) Danerys rides Drogon from the fighting arena.
My only surprise is that THIS season did NOT end with 3.

BTW: the above are not spoilers if you've watched all of the episodes through last Sunday's.

At this point Martin must do massive re-editing of his existing books to get them aligned with the TV series including the simple excision of hundreds of pages. He may as well declare that the TV series is the only true version of "A Song of Fire and Ice" and not bother with continuing to write the books.
oh man, that would be a great day to sit by the computer with a glass of scotch.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I predict tonight's episode will be a ... killer ...
user Stupid cockwomble
I'm wondering how many Davos will kill when he gets back.
I'm wondering how bran is doing.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Tonight should have the show caught up with the books.
Martin had better get his human waste together and get The Winds Of Winter finished or Benioff and Weiss may end up winging it. And as we saw on Justified after Elmore Leonard passed, it might start to suck.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
mmaverick posted:
I'm wondering how bran is doing.

I'm wondering how Rickon is doing.
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:
Tonight should have the show caught up with the books.
Martin had better get his human waste together and get The Winds Of Winter finished or Benioff and Weiss may end up winging it. And as we saw on Justified after Elmore Leonard passed, it might start to suck.
So you're saying Martin is next?

Dastardly.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
well, you know how this show just loves to get you attached to characters, then kill them ...
Pariah Know Your Enemy
DukeofNuke posted:
well, you know how this show just loves to get you attached to characters, then kill them ...

I find that much more engaging than shows where you know nothing serious will ever happen to the mains.
user Stupid cockwomble
That thing you do with yer tongue.

No help. Bren will be wasted. And probably in a position to do something about it. However, Sansa is at present the most potent force in the North.

Also wondering if Davos will cut or burn the fire priestess.

I've started reading the books but will stop once I start to catch up to the tv series.
Ive changed my mind about the books and the show. It's kind of like Walking Dead is with the comics. I'd almost prefer if the show deviated wildly at this point and just went it's own way. I think last season they wrote several filler plot lines that went nowhere, but this season I've liked what they've done. I wouldn't even care if they followed Martins overall blueprint, it is more enjoyable.

Also: books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books books etc.
user Stupid cockwomble
I can certainly understand the conflict a book reader would have with the show. It's deviated already within the first chapter. However, I enjoy the visual squishiness and want to follow this thread through the next season in stick fiddling June 2016.

Quote:
All starring cast members whose characters survive the events of Season 5 are expected to return...

Man, THAT'S an intense way to refer to it.
I think Jon Snow will survive, somehow. I suspect Melisandre will somehow save his life. I really wasn't sad to see Stannis get what he deserved. Although, they never actually showed Brienneactually take his head off. Can't wait for next spring!
user Stupid cockwomble
She seemed glum when she walked into the castle, so you may be right. Got a shiner on for him, too.
SHAME SHAME SHAME

*edit*

Continuing the fine tradition of unceremoniously murdering entire story lines that they just spent an entire season on. Also: Didn't those idiots just elect Jon Snow? And aren't most of the wildlings dead anyway? It just seemed very un-night's-watchmen-like. Also I felt like Melisandre went way out-of-character.

Thoughts?
chikie The same deviled egg
I feel its quite likely that Snow will get resurrected. For one, it seemed awfully convenient that Melisandre shows up right before he gets killed. Also, GRRM likes to talk about how he was inspired by Tolkien and Gandalf getting killed in the first book and Frodo getting bitten and wrapped up by the spider, but both of those characters return. Finally, they've made him so integral to the plot with the white walkers that if he's gone, all who's left who cares about the walkers is... Sam? He's going to become a maester to help Jon, not fight the walkers himself.
chikie posted:
I feel its quite likely that Snow will get resurrected. For one, it seemed awfully convenient that Melisandre shows up right before he gets killed. Also, GRRM likes to talk about how he was inspired by Tolkien and Gandalf getting killed in the first book and Frodo getting bitten and wrapped up by the spider, but both of those characters return. Finally, they've made him so integral to the plot with the white walkers that if he's gone, all who's left who cares about the walkers is... Sam? He's going to become a maester to help Jon, not fight the walkers himself.

I dunno. I just read and interview with Kit Harrington and it certainly sounded like he was done. :(
TOS
yeah he says his character is dead and won't be back next season
bratboy posted:
chikie posted:

I dunno. I just read and interview with Kit Harrington and it certainly sounded like he was done. :(

Keep in mind that Harrington was one of several actors who renegotiated their contracts through for seven seasons. Sure, they could be killed off, but, its unlikely that they'd renegotiate with him, knowing he wouldn't be there next season. In the interview I read, Harrington talked about it giving the impression that the scene was filmed early on in production too. Jon's lineage etc is one of the central mysteries of the books (I know, I know), and his death wasn't taken seriously by anyone at the end of the last book.

Last edited by StaticAge on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:02 pm.

StaticAge posted:

Keep in mind that Harrington was one of several actors who renegotiated their contracts through for seven seasons.

True, but in the same interview he said those stories were partially inaccurate and he was angered by it because he thought it would unfairly get fans' hopes up.
My guess is that he is doing his part to lend weight to the cliff hanger and not diminish the impact that Martin and the show's producers clearly wanted, being a team player and all that.
StaticAge posted:
My guess is that he is doing his part to lend weight to the cliff hanger and not diminish the impact that Martin and the show's producers clearly wanted, being a team player and all that.

Well I'd like to think that's the case (Melisandre did show up at Castle Black just beforehand), but I think he's gone for good.
He's not dead. I'd bet on it. They lingered so long on the blood...Melisandre is very interested in King's Blood and she shows up just in time. It's too convenient. Also, Ghost is around somewhere. Could he warg into Ghost for awhile...like his brother can?

Were those different Dothraki or the same Dothraki that surrounded Daenarys? Do we know? Why did she drop her Khal Drogo ring? I hope Drogon has a good nap.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Alexander Supertramp posted:
Were those different Dothraki or the same Dothraki that surrounded Daenarys? Do we know? Why did she drop her Khal Drogo ring? I hope Drogon has a good nap.

The after show bit had the producer mention that she dropped the ring so anyone looking for her could 'find' it.
user Stupid cockwomble
bratboy posted:
StaticAge posted:

Well I'd like to think that's the case (Melisandre did show up at Castle Black just beforehand), but I think he's gone for good.

The witch has been flirting with Jon, aware of his lineage. She's lost her royal sponsor and is in a tough spot. Jon has resisted before but if she saves him, she'll have a hook on him. Davos will find out she killed the girl and Jon will be forced to defend the witch to preserve the Far Northern alliance. I think it's very likely that the actor is either spreading FUD or he's being replaced with another actor.
user posted:
bratboy posted:
StaticAge posted:

The witch has been flirting with Jon, aware of his lineage. She's lost her royal sponsor and is in a tough spot. Jon has resisted before but if she saves him, she'll have a hook on him. Davos will find out she killed the girl and Jon will be forced to defend the witch to preserve the Far Northern alliance. I think it's very likely that the actor is either spreading FUD or he's being replaced with another actor.

Or he could be out for next season, like Bran this season. And then back in a later season. But yeah, I think he's lying.
user Stupid cockwomble
user posted:
bratboy posted:
StaticAge posted:

Or he could be out for next season, like Bran this season. And then back in a later season. But yeah, I think he's lying.

He's going to lie there bleeding all year? Bran's been gone because he wasn't at a significant location. For that to work with Jon, they'll have to take Castle Black and the Wall out of play - however, Sam is away so the story may switch to him.
user posted:
user posted:
bratboy posted:
StaticAge posted:

He's going to lie there bleeding all year? Bran's been gone because he wasn't at a significant location. For that to work with Jon, they'll have to take Castle Black and the Wall out of play - however, Sam is away so the story may switch to him.

I didn't say that. Get creative. What if he's warg-ing in Ghost all season? Or just out of commission all season? They brought the Mountain back in this last episode after whoever that dude is spent a full season working on bringing him back to life. Without Jon Snow and Sam, it doesn't seem like we need to see what's going on at Castle Black. Unless the White Walkers get uppity and try to invade but that seems like it will be one of the very last things that happen in the show.

Maybe he is dead. But I would bet against it...and that the actor is either flat out lying or strategically lying.

Um, you guys, Bran is in an important location. It's just that they got way ahead with his storyline.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Lena Headey deserves an Emmy for her walk of atonement.
(Yeah, I know they used a body double, but still ... )
StaticAge posted:
Um, you guys, Bran is in an important location. It's just that they got way ahead with his storyline.

More like Bran is in a situation that even Martin hasn't (yet) figured out how to describe.
TOS
i appreciate the misplaced hopes, but i really don't think the guy would categorically state he would not be present for the next season and not mean it

let it go, chums ... you can always be pleasantly surprised if he does show up

also: surely we can dispense with the spoiler tags at this point?
DukeofNuke posted:
Lena Headey deserves an Emmy for her walk of atonement.
(Yeah, I know they used a body double, but still ... )

I was rather hoping to see her bloody revenge tonight, something to look forward to next year I guess.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24