Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24
Online now: Google [Bot], ukimalefu
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
user posted:
Yes.

Cool, thanks. I thought he was stabbed more in the gut but it looked like he was roughed up more on the shoulder in the last episode.
user Stupid cockwomble
Warin posted:
I would comment on all of the supposition, but we aren't allowed to talk about the books here.

I'm a reader, so normally I'd be right with you. But I've come into the series by TV, so I've chosen not to read the books yet. The series has diverged from the books, anyway.

Also, the season is over, so that's pretty much it with the thread except for our speculation.
user Stupid cockwomble
Alexander Supertramp posted:
user posted:
Yes.

Cool, thanks. I thought he was stabbed more in the gut but it looked like he was roughed up more on the shoulder in the last episode.

He was poisoned by Oberyn's blade. Apparently, he's really just a girl.
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Also, molotov throwing elf, Prince of Persia 2 skeletons and old man in the tree. That was something.

No, Jason and the Argonauts skeletons
user Stupid cockwomble
user posted:
Warin posted:
I would comment on all of the supposition, but we aren't allowed to talk about the books here.

I'm a reader, so normally I'd be right with you. But I've come into the series by TV, so I've chosen not to read the books yet. The series has diverged from the books, anyway.

Also, the season is over, so that's pretty much it with the thread except for our speculation.

I'd comment on how bizarre it is that the series killed off characters still alive and well in the books. Given how happy GRRM is to kill off characters, I am guessing that the show is somewhat of a spoiler for the books in this case.
user Stupid cockwomble
I'll probably have lots of problems with the books. Oh, well.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
I'll probably have lots of problems with the books. Oh, well.

Nah, they're an easy read. It's not like wading through Tolkien or Melville or; you know, it ain't Shakespeare.
Just don't go past book three.
user Stupid cockwomble
Problems like: "That's not RIGHT!"

Thanks for the heads-up on when to stop.
You guys are still talking about the books, meanwhile Danaerys named one of her dragons Drogon and nobody has said anything about. I hope her other dragons are called like Carl and Larry.
user Stupid cockwomble
So far they've just been generic flying flame-throwers.
Kind of mean of her to lock up the other two for something DROGON did.
user Stupid cockwomble
They're wasted off now.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline

When has she ever thought her actions through?
mmaverick posted:

When has she ever thought her actions through?

I feel like she's doing a lot of thinking when she has her all day office hours apparently every day.
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Warin posted:

yay, learning is fun

*edited to add*

It is possible to enjoy theorizing about the story without actually desiring confirmation of that theory, even if it's out there.

Last edited by bratboy on Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:12 pm.

bratboy so sorry I schooled you
I feel like she's doing a lot of thinking when she has her all day office hours apparently every day.

LOL "office hours." Uggh god she's so boring
user Stupid cockwomble
Maybe she's going to decide she doesn't want to be Queen after all.

That or she needs a much bigger court so she could afford to "hire" a Hand.
bratboy posted:

LOL "office hours." Uggh god she's so boring

She used to be pretty interesting. This season did a neat trick where in previous seasons she was constantly on the move where almost everyone else in the story was generally stuck in one place and then this season she was stuck in one spot while almost everyone else in the world was moving quickly.

Maybe not intentional but I enjoyed the turn.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
StaticAge posted:
user posted:
Warin posted:

I'd comment on how bizarre it is that the series killed off characters still alive and well in the books. Given how happy GRRM is to kill off characters, I am guessing that the show is somewhat of a spoiler for the books in this case.

Who did the show kill off that is still alive in the books?
user Stupid cockwomble
Technically, none of them, they're all fiction.
All of it is fiction.
mmaverick my steady systematic decline
Most of you are fiction.
Warin posted:
StaticAge posted:
user posted:
Warin posted:

Marillion, although what happened was that he died considerably later--and with a more substantial role--in the books than how he died in the show. In the show he was part of Ned Stark's entourage that travelled with him from Winterfell. In the final episode of season 1 Marillion was the singer who sang a song which was satirically about the Lannisters, so he was given the choice by King Joffrey of losing his hands or his tongue (which recreated a scene from the books although there the singer was unnamed). If the show had recreated accurately the books then Marillion would have died during the season just ended and would have never gotten to King's Landing.

Because of that more substantial role there was some speculation on what the show would do to fill Marillion's place, but the show's writers merely omitted his storyline altogether, rewriting that section with--what I feel was--a better (well, for television) story.
dv
mmaverick posted:
Most of you are fiction.

Computer, I am lying.
Warin posted:
StaticAge posted:
user posted:
Warin posted:

Jojen Reed never died in the books, and Jon's friends Pyp and Grenn are very much alive on the wall. So far.
books books books
user Stupid cockwomble
fiddlesticks you.

(don't get mad, I'm fiction)
TOS
user Stupid cockwomble
TOS posted:
now you're getting downright nihilistic, man

Well, it was fun to talk about the show we all liked while it lasted. Thanks for doing your best to ruin it you two. :heart:
user Stupid cockwomble
Which two? It's my thread. It's over now and I'm just joshing away.

C U next year.
dv
DEyncourt posted:

Well that's overthinking the matter.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
I really gotta stay out of this thread now. I borrowed the first three seasons from a coworker, and I'm totally hooked. A shame I don't have HBO, and will have to wait until the next box set comes out. :(
Technically this is about the books but fiddlesticks you
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/201 ... bters.html
user Stupid cockwomble
:: deletes kev's post ::

Eh, nope.

:: commands dragon ::
user Stupid cockwomble
radarman posted:
I really gotta stay out of this thread now. I borrowed the first three seasons from a coworker, and I'm totally hooked. A shame I don't have HBO, and will have to wait until the next box set comes out. :(

That's why I started the thread. I saw the first 3 seasons off big truck and can't afford HBO.

I ended up using couchtuner.eu - you have to fish around for the best player to use, but I think it has all the episodes.
Well, this short article is more about the books so do NOT click here if you wish to keep your TV experience pristine.

I just wanted to quote Martin from this:
Quote:
I’ve had letters from fans who want me to present particular explicit male sex scenes. Most of these letters come from women.... I don’t pretend to understand this, I just read my email

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24