user Stupid cockwomble
Just did then.

:P
bratboy so sorry I schooled you
Alexander Supertramp posted:
BANNED

DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user Stupid cockwomble
Well, nothing to talk about anyway since they skipped the show this week for the holiday.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
See, that's how far behind I've fallen.
I just saw Tryions trial last night.

Also, she should have killed the dogs right away; just to silence them.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
So last night...that had to be the most gruesome thing I've ever seen on TV.
I WILL NEVER FORGET THE SOUND
At the risk of ban, I haven't read the thing and I know the series has diverged from there written story but is there a rough idea how far through the story the tv series is?
Too different now to matter so who knows?
Alexander Supertramp posted:
So last night...that had to be the most gruesome thing I've ever seen on TV.

yes it was gross :sick:
My wife is rather squeamish. she went the shade of that findey and looked away.

And no, Kev. There is still deviation is the specifics of events, but the overall events are still pretty similar to the books. there is some completely new stuff, but as someone who is up to date reading the books, I am happy that they are changing things up a little, because it means that I get to see new things and am not in a constant state of “knew that was going to happen!”
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Spoiler tags, PLEASE!
I haven't watched it yet, and I have NO idea what you're talking about ...

but now I'm nervous with anticipation!
DukeofNuke posted:
Spoiler tags, PLEASE!

Run of the mill Saturday night in a Hazzard county bar.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Aww, forget the spoiler tags remark.
I'd never be able to resist the temptation of peeking ...
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Farmerkev posted:
DukeofNuke posted:
Spoiler tags, PLEASE!

Run of the mill Saturday night in a Hazzard county bar.

Oh! Like at Stabbie's.
user Stupid cockwomble
Quote:
You never go full monologue.

I think I know what the last two minutes of this season will involve. But I am not going to even spoiler it, because some whiney uncouth individuals will get all butthurt that I am somehow bringing the books into the conversation. :p :goth:
YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN

(BAN)
Oooh. So many otherwise decent people banned. Soon it'll just be bratty and me talking about the show.
bratboy posted:
YOU'RE DOING IT AGAIN

(BAN)

Oh look, a Whitney butthurt uncouth individual! I didn't actually say anything other than I knew what would be the best end to the season and now I am bann.........
Feel free to call me all the names you want ... in the other thread. There's a thread about the books.

:D

I just do not understand the apparently overwhelming desire to force a discussion involving the plot of the books when it's clearly irritating and obnoxious to others. (And this afflicts SO MANY readers of these books.)
dv
bratboy posted:
Feel free to call me all the names you want ... in the other thread. There's a thread about the books.

I just do not understand the apparently overwhelming desire to force a discussion involving the plot of the books when it's clearly irritating and obnoxious to others. (And this afflicts SO MANY readers of these books.)

I lost interest before I made it through 600 pages of book one.

I think it's more of an "I read it and so should you, goddamit!" attitude. Kind of like people who like the Dune-verse.
dv posted:
bratboy posted:

I lost interest before I made it through 600 pages of book one.

I think it's more of an "I read it and so should you, goddamit!" attitude. Kind of like people who like the Dune-verse.

That's a bad example. After Dune, the books were a very rapid descent to crap. GRRM hadn't done that yet :)
user Stupid cockwomble
His head looks like it's OK to me.
user Stupid cockwomble
Basically, if they kill too many of the characters that I like, I'll probably stop watching. It's a risky thing they are doing.

I'm aware that some of the deaths pushed the plot forward and I wasn't as invested in Rob Stark and Co.
...and Lena Headey posted this on instagram a few months ago:

Thanks a lot, Cersei!
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
are you following these actors social media feeds to find spoilers?
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
user posted:
Basically, if they kill too many of the characters that I like, I'll probably stop watching. It's a risky thing they are doing.

I'm aware that some of the deaths pushed the plot forward and I wasn't as invested in Rob Stark and Co.

Valar morghulis
user Stupid cockwomble
It's a good thing that the series is diverging from the books. It generates a level of interest that there would not be otherwise.
user Stupid cockwomble
DukeofNuke posted:
user posted:

Valar morghulis

They kill the dwarf, I'm dropping it like rotted cheese.

And, no, I DON"T want to know what the book says.
DukeofNuke posted:
are you following these actors social media feeds to find spoilers?

Lol no this one has been covered in the media after-the-fact. I do NOT seek out spoilers.
bratboy posted:
:cry: :(

Wait...is this a reaction to the link to the picture I posted of Pascal and Björnsson? If so, then I do not understand. It is a nice picture of these actors--each of them in what appears to be swim trunks and hamming a bit at the camera but not in any way a recreation of any GoT scene they had separately or together--so this picture is not a spoiler of any sort.
bratboy posted:

Thanks a lot, Cersei!

Is it just me, or would Lena Heady make one hell of an awesome friend? In every interview I’ve seen with her, she seems down to earth, intelligent, and witty... three things that make for excellent friendships.
user Stupid cockwomble
Didn't know she had tats.
DEyncourt posted:
bratboy posted:

Wait...is this a reaction to the link to the picture I posted of Pascal and Björnsson? If so, then I do not understand. It is a nice picture of these actors--each of them in what appears to be swim trunks and hamming a bit at the camera but not in any way a recreation of any GoT scene they had separately or together--so this picture is not a spoiler of any sort.

Gwendoline Christie nude is out there too.
Big woman.
DEyncourt posted:
bratboy posted:

I didn't say it was a spoiler, I'm (obviously) caught up on the show. :der:
TOS
i agree the nudity is blatantly exploitative ... i believe the writers have admitted being told flat-out to put in more in order to boost viewership

my main complaint though is that it's like so much on cable tv nowadays: depressingly cynical to the point of nihilism

now as for the books ...
ukimalefu want, but shouldn't, may anyway
Warin posted:
bratboy posted:

Thanks a lot, Cersei!

Is it just me, or would Lena Heady make one hell of an awesome friend? In every interview I’ve seen with her, she seems down to earth, intelligent, and witty... three things that make for excellent friendships.

Yeah I'd like to be friends with Sarah Connors too.
I don't understand why people get in a tiff about people comparing books with the show or movie etc.

If I never read the books and am discussing the show or movie with those who have I kinda like knowing how the story also happened. If you're discussing a movie or show or what have you, then you're already expanding what your experience had been just by watching it, even if no one mentions the books or comics or historical facts or other original source material.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Game of F'ing Thrones: the F'ing Show

Page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24