ukimalefu posted:
uh... some japanese frogs rock band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9-9vakWvJQ

Gecko. :lol:
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Red Fang - Antidote

Quote:
Featuring 16-bit animation in the style of mid-90s arcade games.

ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars - Beebs and Her Money Makers

IMHO, this cover is as good as the original, if not better
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Ningen Isu / Heartless Scat

Long heavy metal song (8:27, but it's a good one!) in japanese (english subtitles available)
obvs My password is "contraseña"
Juan Magan, Belinda, Manuel Turizo, Snova, B-Case - Déjate Llevar

Honestly, for the past few months I think I have listened to a lot more Spanish music than English music.

And I didn't realize how much it would help my ability to speak Spanish. I mean, I could read Spanish pretty well and could write enough to get by in most circumstances, but the music is really really improving that.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
obvs posted:
Juan Magan, Belinda, Manuel Turizo, Snova, B-Case - Déjate Llevar

Honestly, for the past few months I think I have listened to a lot more Spanish music than English music.

And I didn't realize how much it would help my ability to speak Spanish. I mean, I could read Spanish pretty well and could write enough to get by in most circumstances, but the music is really really improving that.

well... it helps you with something... so I guess that's good

Belinda is hot

obvs My password is "contraseña"
I have to admit that it was pretty amazing when I started listening to Spanish music. I didn't expect to understand as much of it as I did pretty much immediately. I was catching lyrics about as much as I do in English music, and I started intentionally looking up lyrics like I do with English songs.

Suddenly it was like there was a whole language worth of music that I'd never listened to(save for the children's folk songs and stuff like birthdays and holiday music), and that's a pretty amazing feeling.

The thing is that music gets drilled into your head much better than anything else. And a lot of Spanish music is really catchy.

Especially the kind of stuff that they wouldn't play on the radio in the U.S. if it was in English.

And hell, I can actually pick up Spanish accents now. And I don't mean Spanish accents when speaking English. I mean regional accents of people speaking Spanish. And to me, that's pretty awesome. But then again, I've also had really significant exposure to people from Mexico, New Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela.

I don't know. That feels pretty cool to me. But you've been coming at it from the other side, posting at English sites for like 20 years. It probably doesn't feel as big to you.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
obvs posted:
I have to admit that it was pretty amazing when I started listening to Spanish music. I didn't expect to understand as much of it as I did pretty much immediately. I was catching lyrics about as much as I do in English music, and I started intentionally looking up lyrics like I do with English songs.

Suddenly it was like there was a whole language worth of music that I'd never listened to(save for the children's folk songs and stuff like birthdays and holiday music), and that's a pretty amazing feeling.

The thing is that music gets drilled into your head much better than anything else. And a lot of Spanish music is really catchy.

Especially the kind of stuff that they wouldn't play on the radio in the U.S. if it was in English.

And hell, I can actually pick up Spanish accents now. And I don't mean Spanish accents when speaking English. I mean regional accents of people speaking Spanish. And to me, that's pretty awesome. But then again, I've also had really significant exposure to people from Mexico, New Mexico, Colombia, Nicaragua, Cuba, Puerto Rico, and Venezuela.

I don't know. That feels pretty cool to me. But you've been coming at it from the other side, posting at English sites for like 20 years. It probably doesn't feel as big to you.

You're learning a language, that's great! :up:

But did it have to be reggaeton? I can't stand that style of music, that's all. :heh: But hey, listen to whatever you like. That style of music is huge and it isn't going anywhere.

But if that's what you like, I recommend this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=calle+1 ... 40&bih=651

That rapper there IMHO, is on the level of an Eminem.

And for an entirely different style of music, I dare you to listen to this and not fall in love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JODaYjDyjyQ
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Mick Jagger - Hard Woman

Featuring cutting edge 1985 computer graphics.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
The Claypool Lennon Delirium - Blood And Rockets

That's Les Claypool, known for his work on Primus, and guitarist/vocalist Sean Lennon, son of John Lennon.

He looks and sounds like his father, and the song is very "Sgt Pepper's".
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
Dayam, something deep going on in that song. Gonna' have to contemplate further.
macnuke Afar
Uki.... thanks for the NPR tiny desk reccomendation.
good stuff :up:
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
SEPT - Futur [clip officiel]

French music video inspired by old school videogames and Back To The Future.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Thank you / Sly & the Family Stone LIVE ! on soul train.
Back in the day you were either an American Bandstand fan or a Soul Train fan. It was Soul Train all the way for me, I was a weird, white Midwestern boy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ptrc2cWRxU

Last edited by Pariah on Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:10 am.

ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
ukimalefu dysfunctional
I googled for "it's inevitable" looking for Marvel's MCU Thanos stuff, and I found the most 80s music video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzT6bN8lqLw
ukimalefu dysfunctional
justine Elitist Beer Lover
justine Elitist Beer Lover
Actually, here's all Kodis AGT performances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK8NMtO9ssA
ukimalefu dysfunctional
ukimalefu dysfunctional
Melissa Villaseñor - Dreamin' You Up

You may have seen her on youtube, or on SNL. Well, she's not just a comedian, she sings too.
Today is the 50th anniversary of the release of the Beatles' "Abbey Road", so they have released an official video for "Here Comes the Sun".

From some notation quoted at BoingBoing:
Quote:
The "Here Comes The Sun" music video welcomes the viewer into Abbey Road Studios' Studio Two, where The Beatles famously recorded most of Abbey Road, to experience a unique and moving sunrise above the band's instruments and gear. Working closely with Apple Corps Ltd., the video is directed by Trunk Animation's director team Alasdair + Jock (Alasdair Brotherston and Jock Mooney) and produced by Trunk's Maria Manton. The video's sun centerpiece was filmed as it was meticulously crafted on-set in Abbey Road's Studio Two. The video features photos from the Apple Corps archive, and photos and footage shot by Linda McCartney supplied by Paul McCartney.

DEyncourt posted:
Today is the 50th anniversary of the release of the Beatles' "Abbey Road", so they have released an official video for "Here Comes the Sun".

From some notation quoted at BoingBoing:
Quote:
The "Here Comes The Sun" music video welcomes the viewer into Abbey Road Studios' Studio Two, where The Beatles famously recorded most of Abbey Road, to experience a unique and moving sunrise above the band's instruments and gear. Working closely with Apple Corps Ltd., the video is directed by Trunk Animation's director team Alasdair + Jock (Alasdair Brotherston and Jock Mooney) and produced by Trunk's Maria Manton. The video's sun centerpiece was filmed as it was meticulously crafted on-set in Abbey Road's Studio Two. The video features photos from the Apple Corps archive, and photos and footage shot by Linda McCartney supplied by Paul McCartney.

That is stick fiddling awesome. In every way. Man, I miss all of the music George would have made if he hadn’t died so young.
maurvir Steamed meat popsicle
macnuke Afar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6ULvPFPLIY
Europa (Jax Jones & Martin Solveig) - All Day and Night with Madison Beer
she pretty... but you really have to watch the background
ukimalefu dysfunctional
macnuke posted:
she pretty... but you really have to watch the background

indeed

and it must be one of those things you have to watch many times to catch all the details
ukimalefu dysfunctional
The Rolling Stones - Doom And Gloom

NSFW You can barely see them because they're very brief shots in the video, but they're there a couple times, bare female breasts.
ukimalefu dysfunctional
GRAUZONE - EISBAER

It's in german, but it's really cool video, and the song is not bad at all.
"Listen to this killer unreleased recording of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan". YouTube video at link.

The BoingBoing link has some background info about this previously unreleased demo recording from 1969.
juice Inadvertently correct
DEyncourt posted:
"Listen to this killer unreleased recording of Johnny Cash and Bob Dylan". YouTube video at link.

The BoingBoing link has some background info about this previously unreleased demo recording from 1969.

That was stick fiddling awesome.
"Pinky And The Brain Theme" as performed by the Postmodern Jukebox.

BTW: those barmen in the background are the original voice actors Rob Paulsen (Pinky) and Maurice LaMarche (the Brain).
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
My latest original release since playing in other bands for some years:
Please Release Me

(not technically a video yet, coming soon)
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Music videos

Page: 1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13