Apple's TV service: no swearing/sex/politics/violence/nudity

Online now: ukimalefu, user
obvs not a cultural imperialist
Well it can be done right, but is sounds like Apple is going to be too constricting.
Pariah Know Your Enemy
Great.
A "premium" service with broadcast standards and practices.
Considering that one of their grand show ideas was getting b list celebrities to sing along in a car I don't really have high hopes.
user Stupid cockwomble
they bought that one off from James
jkahless Custom Title
Hmm. Trying to decide if this bodes poorly for their adaptation of Foundation. I don't think so. To be honest I was worried they'd sex it up. But as a service wide standard? This could be project killer.
Metacell Chocolate Brahma
// Marvin: "Sounds awful."
user Stupid cockwomble
My straight laced uncle once complained to me that he was tired of re-runs of "Touched By An Angel".

I guess he expected me to nod in understanding but I was like, "dude I have Game of Thrones to watch".

Apple's plan may appeal to family-frendly types but the content gets real thin for that.
Apple gets ahead of their markets so this may be an indicator of where things will be headed.
Ribtor posted:
Apple gets ahead of their markets so this may be an indicator of where things will be headed.

*snerk*

Well I for one welcome our Mormon overlords.
juice Inadvertently correct
Aside from the politics ban, this sounds more Evangelical "Christian" than Mormon.
juice posted:
Aside from the politics ban, this sounds more Evangelical "Christian" than Mormon.

OH fiddlesticks no, Evangelical overlords will bring the four horseman
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Apple's TV service: no swearing/sex/politics/violence/nudity