Doing any recreational reading? v.5.8

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
Online now: Bing (sucks), Google [Bot], wellfleation
An unscheduled addition to Tor Books free e-books: Killing Gravity by Corey J. White. This is the first book in a to-be-series with the next book, "Repo Virtual", set to be released on April 21st. A preview of the new book will be included in the e-book version of "Killing Gravity".

The usual limitations and restrictions apply. Despite my having gotten the e-mail mentioning this free download just this morning, the time for downloading is short: it must be completed by 11:59 pm EST on February 28th.
"The Dragons Of Eden", (1977) by Carl Sagan subtitled "Speculations on the Evolution of Human Intelligence" Mr Sagan is an engaging writer. Highly recommended.
gd Hero of Twilight
A few minutes ago I finished All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr. It is a historical fiction book set in WW2 Saint Malo France and also in Germany among other places. It is an amazing book and I highly recommend it.
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Yesterday I picked up a hardbound copy of "The Last Dark", the final installment of Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" series (that I started reading in 1980).
$3.98 at a variety store.
https://www.amazon.com/Last-Dark-Chroni ... rch&sr=8-2
So, now I have two of them, this and "The One Tree" in hardback. Only eight to go!
Tor Books is offering beginning on International Women's Day (March 8th) Nevertheless She Persisted for free. This is a "flash story"--meaning each story is 1-10 pages in length--anthology written by eleven female SF/Fantasy writers.

Note that this link differs from that for Tor Books' monthly free e-book.

Here is Macmillian's page with the offer (and is Tor Books' link for the download) with links to the most popular e-book formats. You do NOT have to sign-up for Macmillian's newsletter which will be offered via a pop-up window.

I do not know how long this will be offered for free.
I'm going to check out the Baking Bears series from Hollis Shiloh as I liked his Shifters and Partners series.
Tor Books has a ONE DAY FREE E-BOOK OFFER: The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi (2017). This is the first book in a trilogy which will be concluding when Tor Books will release on April 14th "The Last Emperox".

The usual limitations apply. The download must be completed before 11:59 pm EDT on April 1st.

My admittedly scant reviews for the first two books can be read here for "The Collapsing Empire" and here for "The Consuming Fire".
DEyncourt posted:
Tor Books has a ONE DAY FREE E-BOOK OFFER: The Collapsing Empire by John Scalzi (2017). This is the first book in a trilogy which will be concluding when Tor Books will release on April 14th "The Last Emperox".

The usual limitations apply. The download must be completed before 11:59 pm EDT on April 1st.

My admittedly scant reviews for the first two books can be read here for "The Collapsing Empire" and here for "The Consuming Fire".

Oh that series is awesome. It puts a business humour spin on concepts that have no business being businesslike. When you read the first book it starts with a detailed explanation of the proper procedure for filing for a mutiny on a ship and how the paperwork is done and decisions are made and it goes into extreme bizzare detail, only to close with how most mutinies skip several steps then fudge the paperwork.

If you liked Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy you will love this series.

Last edited by Betonhaus on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:13 am.

justine Elitist Beer Lover
I almost bought Relentless Pursuit today, but didn't. Maybe later.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Doing any recreational reading? v.5.8

Page: 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19