VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110
Online now: No visible users
ukimalefu Wasn't me
The Stars of Deep Space Nine Tour Star Trek Online's New Promenade

Quote:
J.G. Hertzler, Chase Masterson, and Max Grodenchik all came by Cryptic Studios to record their new voice over parts for Victory is Life. While they were there, we decided to have Environment Artist Nick Duguid show off the brand new Deep Space Nine interior to the people who would know it best.

obvs not a cultural imperialist
TOS
arkayn Aaarrrggghhhh
OK, let me state that I simply HATE Country Time because I think it tastes like plain sugar water with a TINY bit of lemon flavor added, but I have to admire this:
Country Time will pay off fines/license fees for kids' lemonade stands until August 31st or their $60 K fund runs out (YouTube video at link).
ukimalefu Wasn't me
DEyncourt posted:
OK, let me state that I simply HATE Country Time because I think it tastes like plain sugar water with a TINY bit of lemon flavor added, but I have to admire this:
Country Time will pay off fines/license fees for kids' lemonade stands until August 31st or their $60 K fund runs out (YouTube video at link).

you mean kids are selling "lemonade" that isn't made with real lemons? lock them up and throw away the key! those kids are criminals!
Adam Savage wants to have a Totoro meet-up at the 2018 San Diego Comic Con. There is a YouTube video at the link for his one-day build of his own Totoro costume which he wore for his "incognito tour" of the 2016 SD Comic Con.

Oh, Totoro is this Studio Ghibli/Miyazaki character:

DEyncourt posted:
"DO NOT buy this $100 Smart Lock".

A "smart fingerprint padlock" called "Tapplock one".

Tweet: LockPickingLawyer posted this response from a company which made a lock which reads fingerprints.

The video and the locks are NOT the same.

EDIT: what tha...sorry.

Last edited by DEyncourt on Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:41 am.

ukimalefu posted:

OK, not a video, but want some music to go along with that?

David Joseph Wesley wrote the music that plays in the background for Firefly Online and has expanded that into these instrumentals.
dv
DEyncourt posted:

OK, now they are just piling on (not that this didn't didn't deserve it).

YouTube video demonstrates being able to crack a Tapplock fingerprint smartlock via Bluetooth.

The lock itself broadcasts its MAC address, which is all that is needed to open a lock.

Even worse: anyone with a Tapplock account can access any other account.

Tapplock issued those account numbers sequentially so just altering one's valid account number in the webaddress will get user info on another Tapplock smart lock INCLUDING the physical address of where it was last opened. With this access those locks can be open remotely.
That second method beats the first by being able to open this lock in under 0.6 seconds rather than the Image languid 2 seconds that the Bluetooth method required.
maurvir Perfectly balanced - mostly
DEyncourt posted:
DEyncourt posted:

OK, now they are just piling on (not that this didn't didn't deserve it).

YouTube video demonstrates being able to crack a Tapplock fingerprint smartlock via Bluetooth.

The lock itself broadcasts its MAC address, which is all that is needed to open a lock.

Even worse: anyone with a Tapplock account can access any other account.

Tapplock issued those account numbers sequentially so just altering one's valid account number in the webaddress will get user info on another Tapplock smart lock INCLUDING the physical address of where it was last opened. With this access those locks can be open remotely.
That second method beats the first by being able to open this lock in under 0.6 seconds rather than the Image languid 2 seconds that the Bluetooth method required.

I guess Bluetooth must be easier to work with than NFC. The latter would actually be a recognized way to operate a lock, and in fact, my ID card at work has an NFC chip in it that I use to unlock the doors.
Tiger sneaks up behind zoo visitor.

But I have to wonder: maybe "scaring" the visitors is the ONLY interesting thing the tiger can do.
Destin of Smarter Every Day on persistence.

Yes, at the surface it is about his years-long attempt to recreate an old experiment that had used inferior slo-mo cameras to record the experiment specifically to get higher speed slo-mo camera to better record the phenomenon, but it is really about persistence.
"Watch a 4000-Year Old Babylonian Recipe for Stew, Found on a Cuneiform Tablet, Get Cooked by Researchers from Yale & Harvard". YouTube video at link.

At the overall event there were many such recipes:
Quote:
While other presenters prepared such delicacies as Fish Sauces at the Roman Table, Buddhist vegetarian dishes from the Song Dynasty, and a post-modern squid-ink spin on Medieval Blancmange, the Yale team joined chef Nawal Nasrallah and a crew from Harvard to recreate three one-pot dishes detailed on one of the ancient artifacts.

The vast quantities of speciality ingredients and the elaborate instructions suggest a festive meal for the elite.

[links not added]

Of course there was a lot of fudging because of (still) unclear translations, and substitutions for uncommon ingredients, etc.
dv
"Michael Jackson goes shopping".

During an interview in 2003 Jackson had expressed a desire to just go out shopping just like regular folks. A "friend" who owned a mall closed it off for a day and got people in Jackson's staff to "people" the stores as fake shoppers and staff.

While "fun" in some ways, this is really tragic. It makes you wonder why ANYONE would want to be famous.
That's stick fiddling horrible. :lol:
dv
obvs posted:
That's stick fiddling horrible. :lol:

I'm a little surprised (disappointed actually) that he was able to do that without getting the living human waste beaten out of him.
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
ukimalefu Wasn't me
I believe that the guy who made this video was also in another posting here with him eating another WWII era ration but my search-fu has failed me.

Collector eats WWII era pilot's snacks.
DEyncourt posted:
I believe that the guy who made this video was also in another posting here with him eating another WWII era ration but my search-fu has failed me.

Collector eats WWII era pilot's snacks.

This guy has a lot of videos of him eating military rations, some new but many rather old. I am shocked that he hasn’t died if food poisoning of some sort by now.
Wait until they get a hold of a 200-some year old yum yum deviled eggs.
Kubrick explains the ending of "2001" in a 1980 "telephone interview".

Odd thing: both the interviewer and Kubrick were at EMI Studios in London but Kubrick declined to appear on camera. He was in a nearby room close to the interviewer.
Real-life "Mario Kart" in Japan. YouTube videos at link.

There are tours available in Tokyo, Osaka and Okinawa.

I kinda-sorta played Mario Kart ONCE on my nephews' gaming system (spent most of my time just looking around instead of racing). I would be willing to dress up to participate in this (not sure which costume I would wear)
ukimalefu posted:
DEyncourt posted:

that's cool

Some fore-edge book painting by Mark Frost. YouTube video at link.

Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

VID-E-OOOOs (YouTube, Vimeo or otherwise)

Page: 1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110