Rock Band

Online now: Google [Bot]
How many of you have it?

I've been playing it with a lot of different people, ex-FactoryRefurbisheders, GTFOutsiders and a new group of people who do actually play instruments but do this for fun on Fridays.

I've beat the solo guitar tour on Easy and I'm working on medium now. It's also reminded me how much I miss Karaoke Revolution and singing. I usually get relegated to vocals since I can't guitar/bass/drums well, but I do a kick-ass Buddy Holly and/or Say It Ain't So.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I have the disk, use the GH2 controller to play (waiting for the wireless RB controllers). Beat Medium, working through hard. We've had quite a few "rock out" nights where we all go to someone's house (mostly Charkdrum's) and play for a few hours.

<3 the downloadable content.
Alexander Supertramp this was uncalled for.
The roommates and I have had too much fun with Rock Band. I do alright on all of the instruments but most of them are on hard or expert for everything.
I'm just breaking into Expert for guitar and I've made my way through hard on drums (Run to the Hills WTF!?!). Conner, Ral and I have had some good nights playing Band World Tour and even one night Conner and I got the cops called for noise disturbance.

Overall it's an awesome game.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
You know, I've never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I should really try it some day. Any word on Rock Band for Wii?
Malkin wrote:
You know, I've never played Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I should really try it some day. Any word on Rock Band for Wii?

No official announcement for being in development, but the last I heard was that they were certainly not ruling out the possibility.

I'd expect Christmas.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Charkdrum wrote:
... even one night Conner and I got the cops called for noise disturbance.

We are officially a disturbance to the peace.
Conner wrote:
Charkdrum wrote:
... even one night Conner and I got the cops called for noise disturbance.

We are officially a disturbance to the peace.

I've had people who were coming over to my house anyway say that they've heard us from the bottom of my driveway and to turn it down, and I've got police officers that live two doors down on both sides of me, but I've not heard anything from them, so perhaps we've been behaving enough. Then again on my Vizio if I have it just turned up to 1 on the volume it's pretty loud. That's before surround or anything else is plugged in.

Anyway, I'm assuming your character is your avatar. Did you have to take a picture of the television screen, or is there anywhere you can pull your character picture off the internet?
Conner Of Gallifrey
I used a capture card (Eye TV Hybrid talked about in Chat Room) to grab it. I have a hilarious recording of me trying to play the first song, on easy with a 2 second delay and failing rather badly to prove it. ;)
mudogramx Hedonism Bot
I bought it shortly after it was released. I was obsessed, still kind of am, 'cept I don't play it every night. I've almost beat the game on drums on Hard. My roommates and I have a band on the PS3 leaderboards, look for ZOMFG!!
Conner Of Gallifrey
Our band is "The Spartan Pastries".

I'm sort of tempted to buy the bundle... sad.
I have two bands with two different groups of people. "Punk Tea Brewsters" and "The Randumbs..." with the latter being a jab at one of our online cohorts.

This evening I think I'll hook my capture box up to my 360 so that I can get shots of my character models.
Malkin kick 'em in the face; taste the body
Phydouche wrote:
Malkin wrote:

No official announcement for being in development, but the last I heard was that they were certainly not ruling out the possibility.

I'd expect Christmas.

And here we be!

http://kotaku.com/351406/rock-band-conf ... an-release
"There will be rock band for the wii at some point in the indeterminate future, maybe"

Hope you dont want to play it anytime soon...
Conner Of Gallifrey
I'm guessing summer/fall launch.
I'm also told to not expect Downloadable Content or as extensively customizable characters.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Well, it depends if they do a easy PS2 port or not. I have a feeling, given the delay, they've been working out a way to get DLC to work.
Today was a good Rock Band day for me! I finally beat Run to the Hills on drums on Hard! I also banged out another 10 songs on guitar in Expert! :)
There's some B-52s DLC now available, yay!

It's not Love Shack, Private Idaho or Rock Lobster! BOO
Conner Of Gallifrey
Charkdrum wrote:
Today was a good Rock Band day for me! I finally beat Run to the Hills on drums on Hard! I also banged out another 10 songs on guitar in Expert! :)

So that's why you were too good for us on Saturday!

I picked up the big bundle on Sunday, and am now enjoying the drums myself! :)
Conner wrote:
I picked up the big bundle on Sunday, and am now enjoying the drums myself! :)

Clive and I have already had a couple Drum-offs over XBL. Looks like we'll have to start up a tournament!
So I got a call from Gamestop's automated notification service last night. They said that the Rock Band drum set would be coming out soon.

I'm not sure if that means they are going to start selling the individual instruments now, or if they where just following up on my original pre-order of the drum set by itself.
Charkdrum wrote:
So I got a call from Gamestop's automated notification service last night. They said that the Rock Band drum set would be coming out soon.

I'm not sure if that means they are going to start selling the individual instruments now, or if they where just following up on my original pre-order of the drum set by itself.

That's weird. My GameStop has had them in since like Monday.

Also, I picked up some drums used by themselves for a friend yesterday. $30 after tax with the EDGE card.
Conner Of Gallifrey
Charkdrum wrote:

I'm guessing you won't be buying those... ;)
Thought some of you might get a kick out of this:

Conner Of Gallifrey
I didn't get the first one. The other two are full of win though.
"29 fingers and man are we having fun
29 fingers and boy are we having fun
29 fingers and only six are thumbs
we play cheap guitars and only two lousy drums"
I shall now bore you with character pics:

Donovan Osaya:

Asuka Langley:
"still alive" from Portal confirmed as DLC for Rock Band.

Apparently the Harmonix folk showed it off at GDC.
Conner Of Gallifrey
I was waiting to post this news once I found a video of the event. I'm betting on a remix, but yeah…
Sorry to steal your thunder on it, man! I figured a few hours had passed... you know how the internet is.

http://kotaku.com/359394/still-alive-co ... -rock-band
Conner Of Gallifrey
Conner Of Gallifrey
And now a video of LEO LAPORTE [argueably] playing "Still Alive"! This is so full of geek cred, and playing rockband in front of a crowd seems very meta to me.
Apparently a douche tried stealing the song from their development unit they were playing on.

AND HERE'S THE DOUCHES' LIVEJOURNAL

aah, internet.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

Rock Band