This makes me feel dirty.

Online now: DEyncourt, Google [Bot], juice, maurvir
I don't know why. It's more of a commentary on a company I hate, but it makes me cringe anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fry-oxfDM8I

"There are 78 songs in the game, 15 of which are by The Beatles, we actually got a lot of flack for that, people would post on our message boards 'hey what's wrong with you guys... that's WAY too many Beatles songs!' ... and we agree. So that's why only 10 of those are actually by The Beatles whereas the other 5 are ... fantastic cover versions from great bands such as Alice Cooper and The Jonas Brothers."

"John Lennon specifically told us that his favorite band of all time was Linkin Park."

"Rock Band? I'm not familiar with that. Is that a breakfast cereal?"
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
I want GH5, cuz its got "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting"
You know, if just a dozen or so people said "Elton John DLC in RB plz" and he hadn't secured and exclusivity agreement with Activision/Neversoft, then it'll happen.

Of course, then again, when Harmonix gets a vendetta against someone, no amount of begging will get their music in a game, which for the most part is fine:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/06/overh ... kel-smack/

Harmonix's Caleb Epps: So, you guys probably heard about Nickelback saying negative stuff about music games ...

Crowd: (Boo!)

Epps: I just want to extend an olive branch to Nickelback, and say that if they want to put their music into the Rock Band Network ...

Crowd: (Emphatic boo!)

Epps: Well, guys, it's peer-reviewed, so you can just vote them way down.

Crowd: (Emphatic cheer!)
DukeofNuke FREE RADICAL
Are you saying that you don't think there will be an "Elton John" Guitar Hero game?
juice Inadvertently correct
Was the crowd booing because of what the guys from Nickelback said or because their music sucks ass?
Hopefully both. I saw Nickelback live back before they got famous. They had these flame cannons on stage. I kept hoping the lead singer would accidentally back into one and get set alight :D

And that was a really funny trailer :D
agedgruel wrote:
Was the crowd booing because of what the guys from Nickelback said or because their music sucks ass?

It's both.

I've actually seen a forum poll that was started over at RockBand.com that was essentially "who are you glad ISN'T in the game so far?" with Nickelback taking the lead by a huge margin. See, Chad Kroeger's comment was along the lines of, oh hell I'll google it:

""I feel like there's not enough rock bands out there, especially when we go on the road.
"It's tough to find other bands out there, because either they're making a record, or they just got done touring. So kids, start rock bands. Set down the 'Guitar Hero,' learn how to play an actual guitar and start a band, because it's hard to find more bands to put a solid rock and roll package together, to get out there.""

bwahahaha. No, no one tours with you guys because they don't want rocks thrown at them for being "the guys opening for Nickleback".
Also, Beatles Rock Band is really good. Easy, but an enjoyable experience. WARIN ACCEPT MY GAME INVITE JESUS
Phydeaux wrote:
Also, Beatles Rock Band is really good. Easy, but an enjoyable experience. WARIN ACCEPT MY GAME INVITE JESUS

lol! I've been in and out so I didnt get it. had to run the gf's son to work and now I have to go pick her up. I'll be back on to play after 7pm pacific time.

I wanted to get Day Tripper, so I ran through it on Medium first. Now I am doing the medium challenges to get the last "secret" prize. So far I think the first "prize" is the best, it's the contents of a christmas recording they made for fan club members in 63. Pretty cool stuff :)

Accept your game invite, Jesus? Arent the Beatles more popular than Jesus? :D :lol:

EDIT: I am not sure I want to play with you, Phy. Hard makes me want to cry most of the time... and you prolly play on expert and I'd fail out in about 15 seconds. ::(

Best part of the game for me so far: George Harrison is totally my favourite Beatle. In fact, he's the only celebrity whose death moved me to tears. As I played through "Here Comes the Sun", I realized it's been 8 years (almost) since he passed and a wave of grief sort of crossed over me... sadness that there will never be another album or a new song. But then it was abated by a certain amount of joy in the pleasure, happiness, sadness that all of his songs has brought to my life.
Warin wrote:

Best part of the game for me so far: George Harrison is totally my favourite Beatle. In fact, he's the only celebrity whose death moved me to tears. As I played through "Here Comes the Sun", I realized it's been 8 years (almost) since he passed and a wave of grief sort of crossed over me... sadness that there will never be another album or a new song. But then it was abated by a certain amount of joy in the pleasure, happiness, sadness that all of his songs has brought to my life.

That day, I made this:
Current order of ability:
Vocals: Expert
Drums: Hard
Bass: Hard
Guitar: WTF is this human waste dial it down to to the level with the sticky note "folk music" by it please
I've got no beef going to medium. It's what I was on for everything for the longest time.
Also it'd be nice to play with someone that can realize that I'm okay with "I am the walrus" but gets annoyed when it gets picked 50% of the time. It is seriously this game's "nine in the afternoon".
THIS JUST IN

Courtney Love to sue the pants off Activision/Neversoft.

http://kotaku.com/5356206/courtney-love ... activision

Quote:
For the record this Guitar Hero human waste is breach of contract on a Bullys part and there will be a proper addressing of this and retraction.

WE are going to sue the human waste out of ACtivision we being the Trust the Estate the LLC the various LLCs Cobain Enterprises.

Quote:
Trust the estate the llc the various llcs cobain enterprises

Quote:
estate the llc the various llcs cobain enterprises

Quote:
llcs cobain enterprises

{shudder}
holy crap! WTF was activision thinking? I didnt mind Hendrix in World Tour because he was only playable for his songs... but that's just... ick. I think Love has a point, even if she doesnt have a clean and sober cell in her body.
Indeed, while I had initial objections to anyone dead being in anything, the Hendrix situation where they only had him sing his own songs at least opened up my to my consideration that The Beatles Rock Band wouldn't be so bad. A sort of reverence to the subject matter.

Guitar Hero 5 through all that good will out the window with Johnny Cash and Kurt Cobain.
threw ;) At least they didnt come in through the bathroom window...

I just realized that I am probably going to spend way more on DLC for Rock Band: Beatles than for any other game I own. I'll want to buy the Let It Be, Sgt Peppers, and White Album DLC at a minimum (Assuming White Album gets a DLC treatment).
I'm really really really tired.
Oh my God. Idiots. Idiots all over Kotaku.

Look, I don't even like Kurt Cobain. Not like, to the degree that I like Larry Norman. Or Reese Roper.

But there's been news articles on Kotaku all day about the merits of Courtney Love bringing a suit against Activision, and how Activision is saying she signed a contract and how Love's lawyer is saying Neversoft misrepresented what they were doing...

http://kotaku.com/5357425/cobain-attorn ... #c15324280

And then I get to deal with this blatherskite.

Are people really this stick fiddling retarded. I even had to use poop humor to paint them a picture and they still don't get it.

Yes, it's Activision's fault for not safe guarding the likeness of Cobain based on what was agreed upon based on prior incarnations of dead celebrities in other versions of the game. Why don't people get that.
gozer frenchie
i assume you've read the contract that was signed and are sure that it's not possible that courtney, the bastion of critical decision making and clear thinking that she is, actually signed away the rights to do this.
Phydeaux wrote:
Oh my God. Idiots. Idiots all over Kotaku.

you seem to be upset..
gozer wrote:
i assume you've read the contract that was signed and

Funny, that's exactly the same thing I'm saying to the people who say she definitely doesn't have a case.
gozer frenchie
no, what you're saying is "There's a legitimate suit here."

and "ffffuuuuuuuukckkckkc u facebook guy."
gozer wrote:
no, what you're saying is "There's a legitimate suit here."

and "ffffuuuuuuuukckkckkc u facebook guy."

Well. In the other dozen or so discussions I've responded to in that article.

And fiddlesticks Facebook registrants.
Subsequent topic  /  Preceding topic

This makes me feel dirty.